Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Music System Problem

Hello Friends,

I have a Kenwood 2-DIN music system in my SWIFT-VXI.2-3 months back one evening I realised that,I am unable to switch on the system(it was working fine in the morning).I took it to MUL showroom where I had purchased the same.The person there after checking the connections replaced the male-female connecters and the system sterted working.

Since yesterdya evening I am again facing the same problem.I am unable to switch on the music system.I don't know why it is happening again and again.

I request you to kindly guide me so that the problem is solved.The unit is only 1.5 years old.I am based in pune,so if anyone knows any reference in Pune,I can take it to the person or else please suggest me a way out.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Rajendra
Old 24th January 2007, 12:40   #2

I am facing a similar problem for a music system on my new Swift I had gone ahead with the below config.

1) Pioneer HU 4850
2) gto 607c - front door
3) GTO637 - rear door

It has been just over a month and I had to re-visit the shop twice with nagging problems.
1) On the first occasion ( this happened just 2 weeks after the system got installed ), the power from HU to speakers would stop suddenly. It was diagnosed that there was some loose connection in socket from the HU. A tape was wound around the socket and problem fixed momentarily.

2) Now after 2 weeks again , the same problem is being encountered. This time the fitment guy with Anand traders told me that the problem is b'cose of the poor quality of the sockets. He told me this problem is very rampant in Swift systems with socket-to-socket connection which is news to me. His suggestion is to go for genuine sockets ( about which Anand Traders had no idea ) or to do away with socket-to-socket connection and go for direct connection. I have great reservation for going ahead with direct connection as it is highly discouraged by Maruti and may void the car warranty.
At this point I do not know how to fix the problem permanently. You would agree that it is not advisable to open the front panel again and again.
I would appreciate if anyone can give some direction given your resourcefulness.

Thanks!
Vinod
Old 24th January 2007, 13:11   #3
BHPian

U need to check the power and ground input......if its correct or not.....and ur problem will be solved
Old 24th January 2007, 13:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Both,

This is a problem that I have seen in other swifts too. It looks to me like the swift has a problem with the power connector that goes to the HU.

It may be a bad batch, or a defective model. I see 2 ways of dealing with this.

1) Go to the service centre and insist THEY replace the connector for you. If they make a fuss about replacing it, just buy one. It probably costs 50 rupees. The male female connector is available in a variety of sizes, even from a regular parts store. Ask for a MUL authorised electrician to fit it for you at the service centre. That way you will be safe.

2) Just bypass the connector and connect the HU directly. Will work but I'd rather go with method 1. Safer.
Old 24th January 2007, 14:32   #5
BHPian

Thanks for your replies friends.

As I have mentioned in my post,the person at showroom did replaced male-female connector 2-3 months back.He took Rs.100/- for the job.But the problem has again popped up.
Old 25th January 2007, 03:17   #6
BANNED

Hu issue.

hey dude,
iF the problem persists then remove your HU and try it in some else's car if it works fine probably something wrong with your wiring or else try some other HU in your car if it works fine something wrong with your HUand needs to be sold and replaced....
Bets option is to go to some car accessories shop and he will sort it out for you...
Cheers.
Old 25th January 2007, 16:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

The million dollar question. Do you have warranty on the set ??
Old 15th February 2007, 11:14   #8

Got the problem fixed, here is the update

Guys ,

Got the problem fixed, here is the update:

Apparently, the problem was never with the socket connection -
realized this when the problem persisted even after getting the
earlier car deck socket replaced with original Blaupankt socket.
The issue was some where else, the wires of the rear speakers were
getting short circuited with the speaker chassis. I got the all 4 door
speakers re installed from another Car dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks