Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 20:38   #1
BHPian

Which Blaupunkt Unit in Safari DiCOR VX?

Hi All! I am a lurker on this site for the last few weeks. Came across this site using Google. I have settled in on a Safari DiCOR VX 4x2 (Quartz Black) which should be delivered to me by the 2nd week of Feb. I understand that 'suman' and a few others are already using this vehicle. I was looking for information about the Blaupunkt entertainment unit on the vehicle but could not get any information about it. Can anyone please tell me about which unit (model nos.) is installed in the car?

The above information will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sumit Bajoria
Shillong
Old 31st January 2007, 10:03   #2
BHPian

*bump*

Anyone there willing to reply? *bump*
Old 31st January 2007, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

why not pm suman or steeroid ?
Old 31st January 2007, 13:52   #4
BHPian

Regarding PMs

I have considered the option to PM but I am not sure about it as from my prior experiences on other forums, experienced members are not very comfortable with new members pm'ing them. So I was just wondering if the mods and members here are open to new members pm'ing them.
Old 31st January 2007, 13:53   #5
BANNED

Sorry I cannot help you with the VX model number but the EX comes with the Blaupunkt Monte Carlo MP34 head unit.
Old 31st January 2007, 14:12   #6
BHPian

Also while someone answers my query, will the person be kind enough to also let me know the model nos. for the screens that the VX sports?
Old 31st January 2007, 14:25   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I was just wondering if the mods and members here are open to new members pm'ing them.
Of course we are open to PMs. We have no such behaviour here and no discrimination against newbies. As long as you send a sensible and polite PM, I promise you, you'll get a reply back from any member or moderator.
Old 31st January 2007, 14:38   #8
BHPian

Hmmmmm. Thanks Sam (i believe the audio guru here?) for clarifying things before I get into trouble :-)
Old 31st January 2007, 16:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

No trouble in such a PM Sumit, simply PM our member Suman as he drives a VX & will be more than willing to help you out.
Old 31st January 2007, 16:38   #10
BANNED

SAFARI Blaupunkt head unit.

Hi Sumit,

Blaupunkt Monte Carlo MP4 head unit is installed in the Safari VX(2x4),
It comes with two LCD Screens for the mid row seats nothing in the front, it also has 4 speaker (make not sure) they may give you a good hearing experience but trust me they dont offer you any pleasure of hearing.
I myself have the DICOR EX (2x4) since Aug- 06,(Clocked 7500 kms)
While your choice of SUV is great, dont expect heaven
(WELCOME TO TATA).
I have gone and changed the speakers to MB Quart Components in the front and Polk Audio at Mid Row and MB Quart 12 inch sub woofer, with a Sony 4 channel amp.
Doing all this my technician says the head unit given by TATA is of no use as they dont come with a seperate sub out-put.
Better go in for a sony DVD or ask the dealer to change the existing one to Sony DVD.
Have a pleasure driving the monster.
Reply if any query
Old 31st January 2007, 18:31   #11
BHPian

Thanks Pawan. I really appreciate your detailed explanation. However I don't plan to upgrade anything with the vehicle for the time being. However, please clarify that the Head Unit you have mentioned plays DVDs? I could not find the product on the Blaupunkt's website but a google search suggests that the mentioned HU does not do DVDs!

In future probably I will add a sub-woofer and if required I will change the HU also.

I will wait for you to clarify. I need these details to prepare a few MP3 CDs as I am planning to undertake a 1000+ km journey immediately from the showroom when I take delivery of the beast ;-)

So I need to ensure that I will write MP3s on DVD-R discs only if it will play it
Old 1st February 2007, 09:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, sorry for the delayed response as I was away yesterday. I thought I'll post on the forum instead of PMing you back......

The Dicor VX comes with a Blaupunkt Las Vegas DVD35 model that plays DVDs, Audio CDs, MP4 & WMA. It comes with a Remote for the unit & one more remote for the LCD screens. System has six speakers.

Its not really a Mobile studio but it serves my needs....only thing is, only Blaupunkt changers are compatible with this unit & they're bloody expensive so I've not added a changer.

The unit has a LOT of options to play around with including volume adjustment to compensate with engine noise etc.....haven't even gone through some of them yet.

Congrats on your purchase and good luck! I think you'll have a lot of fun with her once she's settled in abit & (any) intital niggles sorted out.

OT: I understand you're driving the car down to Shillong but from where (didn't connect the bit about 1000 kms) ? Keep the engine within the limits laid down in the manual - do not cross 100kmph till you complete 1500 kms. Have a blast!
Old 1st February 2007, 10:28   #13
BHPian

Dear Sumanji!

Thank you for the detailed clarification. I now can save myself the trouble to write my music MP3s on DVD-Rs and need to ensure that I write them on CD-Rs only. Saved me a lot of frustration.

I will not be driving to Shillong! I am from Shillong. I plan to drive up to Dibrugarh via Kaziranga. Decided to do it directly from the showroom. Could not have asked for a better adventurous drive.

This is my first diesel vehicle and the first ever with ABS and EBD. I was reading elsewhere on this forum that we need to get used to ABS before relying on it. Is it a fact?

Do I need to carry any spares before embarking on the journey? Any suggestions?

Lots of questions but I am too excited.

Thanks in advance
Sumit Bajoria
Old 1st February 2007, 10:32   #14
BHPian

Correction to the above post.

The HU does in-fact play MP3 and WMA from a DVD-R (GigaMP3) :-)
Old 1st February 2007, 12:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Would advice you to use it in your town for a while before taking it out for a long drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks