Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 14:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Even i tried everything suggested here, but the toggle switch is not seen on mine Oneplus 6T as well...
Even I have tried everything under the box to get this new UI on a Oneplus 6T but to no avail. I guess this update is not yet available to 1+ 6T users yet

In the mean time, i have a spare 1+ 3T . Let me see what UI is available on that
Old 5th August 2019, 14:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Even I have tried everything under the box to get this new UI on a Oneplus 6T but to no avail. I guess this update is not yet available to 1+ 6T users yet

In the mean time, i have a spare 1+ 3T . Let me see what UI is available on that
Don't Bother, i already tried on my wife's oneplus 3T. No success.
Old 5th August 2019, 15:25   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Don't Bother, i already tried on my wife's oneplus 3T. No success.
Works on my OnePlus 3T.

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190802_1520331280x720.jpg

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190802_1520571280x720.jpg

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190802_1520461280x720.jpg

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190802_1521481280x720.jpg

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190802_1522171280x720.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 10:09   #19
BHPian

After using the New AA for 3 days, I found an interesting thing. Everytime you log in back to the car and connect AA to ICE it starts playing from where it had left off.
This was an annoying missing feature before, we always had to start the playlist from Google Play Music or YT Music. The playlist used to start from the first song.
Now with the update it starts from where we had left off.

To enable this check below check box on your phone's AA.
Attached Thumbnails
Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-screenshot_20190806100604_gallery.jpg  

CarBot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:26   #20
BHPian

I got the New UI today on my Oneplus 6T. I just checked the settings on the android auto and it was there. Tried it on my S-cross. The New UI and the bar showing music controls is good and refreshing, Also, It would have been better if there was an option to show FM controls in the notification bar if you are not playing music through the Android Auto.

Also, my first impression is that it slightly lags as compared to the previous one.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the New UI today on my Oneplus 6T. I just checked the settings on the android auto and it was there.
Same here. It just popped up. But I guess it's more to do with Google app that got updated today as the new interface has more of Google Assistant incorporation. Haven't checked on car, will do so in evening.

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-screenshot_20190806093023__01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Same here. It just popped up. But I guess it's more to do with Google app that got updated today as the new interface has more of Google Assistant incorporation. Haven't checked on car, will do so in evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190806093023__01.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1902955
I've got the new interface working on the car system also. But haven't checked it in detail. Will evaluate on a long drive.

Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit-img_20190806_182406.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2019 at 08:19. Reason: Merged as requested
Old 31st August 2019, 00:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post

There is a new update which is dated to 01/08/19, version - 4.5.592853.
Link - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...download/#file
Which looks like a version lower than the previous file uploaded.
I have downloaded it let see if it works, will be able to check it out only in the evening.
Mine is a Creta.

I missed this thread as i was traveling. But yesterday I got a notification for trying the new AA version. I installed, plugged out from the car usb, and plugged in again. It worked like a charm on my son's Verna and my Fiesta.

But the version on my phone is 4.5.592854, not 4.5.592853.
Old 4th November 2021, 14:43   #23

Android Auto Problem in New Santro

Hi all -
I bought the new Hyundai Santro Sportz AMT in 2019 and it came fitted with an Android Auto touchscreen. After a few months, the touchscreen response has become sluggish and sometimes it does not respond at all. After removing and inserting the cable again, it works for some time. I have tried with the original phone cable and other cables too but the problem remains the same. I have complained to the Hyundai service center multiple times but they have not been able to come up with a fix for it.

My phone is OnePlus Nord on Android 11. If you have encountered a similar issue and have suggestions to fix it, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 31st December 2021, 14:03   #24

Re: Android Auto Problem in New Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by muqtaliff View Post
Hi all -
I bought the new Hyundai Santro Sportz AMT in 2019 and it came fitted with an Android Auto touchscreen. After a few months, the touchscreen response has become sluggish and sometimes it does not respond at all. After removing and inserting the cable again, it works for some time. I have tried with the original phone cable and other cables too but the problem remains the same. I have complained to the Hyundai service center multiple times but they have not been able to come up with a fix for it.

My phone is OnePlus Nord on Android 11. If you have encountered a similar issue and have suggestions to fix it, please let me know. Thanks.
I found the fix for it through the net: the battery optimisation in the phone for Android Auto should be set to none. The other options put the app on standby after a while and then the car screen becomes non-responsive. Hope this helps someone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks