Team-BHP - Is the dealer supplied ICE good for XETA?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Is the dealer supplied ICE good for XETA? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/21370-dealer-supplied-ice-good-xeta.html)

Hi All,
I have to set up a good ICE for my new Indica Xeta.
As of now the dealer is having these options. which is the best among these ones? or shld i opt for something better than these outside?

Here are the options?
1.Blaupunkt Mumbai Mp26 Mp3 CD player 7750rs + 300 for fitment
2.Blaupunkt MAUI MP36 8950 + 300
3.Blaupunkt Bahamas MP46 10950 +350

4.TATA 303 Mp3 CD player 7450rs +350

5.Kenwood 333 Mp3 CD player 8990+350
5.Kenwood 5033 Mp3 CD 9490 +350

and speaker choices are :

1.Blaupunkt Door speaker 1900rs to 2750rs (no model no specified)
2.Blaupunkt Dash board speaker (4 inches) 1500rs to 3100rs
3.Blaupunkt Rear speaker Oval 3250rs to 4750rs
4.Door component speaker with External tweeter 4250rs

Rear speaker wooden tray 800rs

Since i am a complete illiterate in terms of these setup.Please help me choosing the best one.

My budget will be around 14k.

Looks like they will install only dash board speaker and rear oval speaker..
not sure if they will install front door speakers?.

If these are the choices, I would recommend wither the Blaupunkt Maui or the Kenwood 333. Actually I think i would go for the Kenwood.

Buy the component set for Rs.4250 for the front. And a pair of Ovals in the rear with the wooden tray. Thats a little bit over your budget, but should be ok for what you want.

Will that component set sit on front doors? if that is the case shld i add any speakers to Dash board?

Will i get a better option outside?

Yes you will definetely get better & a lot more options outside. I would recommend you talk to a few bhpians from your city & find a decent shop which can offer you better stuff at affordable prices.

Dealers generally sell accessories at ridiculous prices & the install quality also is at times quite suspect.

dont even think about fitting another pair in the dash. it is either the dash or the door whichever appeals to you.

Rock18, I'd also back the Kenwood 333. I have listened to it in a friend's Fusion and it sounded really good (with the factory speakers!). But I think that this unit has a small issue -- if you stop a song on the CD, it will have to begin from the beginning of that song when you start playing it again. My friend was complaining of this. He hasn't got around to checking all the settings yet, so see if "Resume" has to be activated someplace. And he left for Tirupati the day after he bought he vehicle, so I haven't been able to take a second look at the settings yet. (We didn't notice this problem when we'd taken delivery of the vehicle).

If you get the system fitted outside the dealership you are likely to save some money. The 300/- odd for installation will most likely not be charged, and you maybe able to round down the total amount by another 300/- to 500/-. But then some dealers will say the wiring/electronics warranty becomes invalidated if you do that, so check on that before you decide.

Installing from outside has the advantage that you can consider other good brands also (not that Blau or Kenwood are bad -- not at all).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 375042)

Installing from outside has the advantage that you can consider other good brands also (not that Blau or Kenwood are bad -- not at all).

Also you need not pay extra for installation of the HU..
The price wil be incl of installation...

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 375033)
dont even think about fitting another pair in the dash.

Why not? :confused:

(Adding text to satisfy minimum number of characters)

Hi,
Today i went around a few shops just to get to know the market price.
Well one dealer has promised me a sony HU,Sony speakers,Sony AMP and Sony SUB for 21k flat. or else Sony HU with 4inch front speakers and then XPLOD 6X9 320W speaker at the back. All these for 10k.

checked with another shop.They recommended Pioneer HU (DEH 2999 or DEH 3999) with 2 front JBL speakers for 1900rs and then 6X9 JBL Oval speakers (GTO937) at the back.All these comes at 15k
he gave me option of either Boston or JBL as both comes in the same price range.

Anthr option is Pioneer HU with Pioneer speakers which is around 12500rs.

Which one is the best? or is there any other good combination..
Esp. HU and the Rear speakers?

and also suggest me whether front speakers need to be installed in Dash or front door and also whether normal 4inch speakers is enuff for front?

Sorry for the big post .

rock18,
- Stay away from Sony (IMHO)
- Stay away from Pio Speakers (IMHO).
- I'd suggest using the door location for front speakers.
- The front speakers are the priority and not the rear speakers.
- I think you can fix 6" speakers in the front door.
- JBL speakers are good.
- I'm sleepy :)

Thanks. Is it advisable to fit two small front speakers or tweeters in the dashboard and the two JBL speakers in the front door. That ls no speakers at the rear.
Will that be good? Please advise.

Dont know how much it'll help but the following is my setup on my xeta:

HU: Sony 250-s
Front speakers: Jbl 4" on the dash
Rear speakers: JBL 6" by 9" ovals on the stock plastic tray.
Total damage: 10,000/-

The HU is greay market price but the speakers are with bill and warranty.

Nope not very good for rear passengers as they wont hear much. Secondly your sound will hardly have any bass. since the front door or dash will not be provide that bass.

How is the sound clarity with Sony HU and JBL speakers up front and rear?
Do u suggest installing the front speakers in dash board or front doors?
Which will produce more bass?

I don't want to install bass tube or sub but is there any option to increase bass by setting up the speakers differently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock18 (Post 378318)
How is the sound clarity with Sony HU and JBL speakers up front and rear?
Do u suggest installing the front speakers in dash board or front doors?
Which will produce more bass?

I don't want to install bass tube or sub but is there any option to increase bass by setting up the speakers differently?

A sony HU is quite decent...It woud be of great help if you could post the model no..
Go for jbl for the fronts nd the rear....great Value For Money in terms of sound Quality...Install the rears in a MDF tray and the fronts in the stock locations in th doors..not the dash!..