Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 10:23   #1

Hyundai Grand i10: Head-unit goes bad

Hey TBHPians,

I've an issue with my car stereo which I wanted to share with you guys. I've a 2013 Grand i10 Asta which came with the factory ICE. About 1 week back, on my way back home, I noticed something unusual with the ICE. It didn't started playing any music (as usual) and incidentally was not even turning on. I didn't bothered that time and went home. The next day when I tried turning it on, it was still not working.

Based on my experience with past electrical issues with my friends' cars, I thought of checking the fuse for the ICE. On further investigation, I found that the 15A fuse was alright. I checked the continuity of the fuse using a multimeter and it was fine. To my surprise, when I plugged the fuse back in, the stereo turned ON. There was a message displayed on the screen: "BOOTLOADER STARTED PLEASE INSERT USB WITH FILE". (See the image attached)

The ICE displaying the error message:
Hyundai Grand i10: Head-unit goes bad-gi10-ice-issue.jpeg

I thought of leaving it for the professionals and tried to shut everything down for now. But again to my surprise, the stereo was not turning off even if I locked the car and turned off all the lights and other things. In the end, I had to remove the fuse of the ICE again to turn it OFF as leaving it in would have definitely discharged my car battery.

Later next day I checked with my nearest Hyundai service center but unfortunately they were not having any solution to the problem and insisted to get the stereo replaced. I don't want to spend almost 30k to fix this ICE in this car.

I would really appreciate any suggestions/solutions you guys can provide based on your experience.

Thanks & Regards,
SuyashBansal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th October 2019, 10:31   #2
BANNED

re: Hyundai Grand i10: Head-unit goes bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuyashBansal View Post
There was a message displayed on the screen: "BOOTLOADER STARTED PLEASE INSERT USB WITH FILE".
Like like the software has gone corrupt and needs to reloaded using the USB pen drive with the file from Hyundai website.

Did you try that?!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 11:47   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Like like the software has gone corrupt and needs to reloaded using the USB pen drive with the file from Hyundai website.

Did you try that?!
Hi Anurag, I tried searching for the software but was not able to get any links. Only files available are for the touch screen version with navigation. Do you know where can I find the files for the Non Touch Audio version of the ICE?
Old 20th October 2019, 12:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuyashBansal View Post
I would really appreciate any suggestions/solutions you guys can provide based on your experience.
In case you are not able to fix it, you can a buy complete HU from OLX for 2-3k max. There are many people who upgrade. I saw similar OLX listings few weeks ago.

A similar listing can be seen here. You can find such listings in your city. You can negotiate hard because there are hardly any buyers for such HUs.

Car accessories shops can also be a good source where people swap these units with better ones.

Another option is to grab the opportunity and get a latest touch screen HU with android auto, etc. and enjoy. I would have chosen this option.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 20th October 2019 at 13:16.
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 09:22   #5

Re: Hyundai Grand i10: Head-unit goes bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
In case you are not able to fix it, you can a buy complete HU from OLX for 2-3k max.
I am actively looking for this right now. I also asked a few car accessory shops to let me know if they have someone who wants to upgrade his stock stereo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Another option is to grab the opportunity and get a latest touch screen HU with android auto, etc. and enjoy.
Actually, I don't want to spend 15-20k on this car. I would rather upgrade the car next year and get a variant which had HU with android auto in-built (like my dad's Toyota Glanza )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks