Team-BHP - need suggestion for head unit!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   need suggestion for head unit!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/21492-need-suggestion-head-unit.html)

hey guys,
i need help from all you guys out there...which head unit can i go for price range of 10k...i would love to have usb output and 3 pre-output channel...my system was given away with my car itself :( pioneer 6850... so need a system for my new car...is there any other brand i can go for leaving pioneer which is better than pioneer in that price tag...well it might take some time to buy it...
thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnan (Post 377034)
hey guys,
i need help from all you guys out there...which head unit can i go for price range of 10k...i would love to have usb output and 3 pre-output channel...

Listen to Pio, Sony, and Blaupunkt on the SQ front also look at Kenwood, Clarion and the cheaper Alpines. I understand the Alpine 9843 sells for under 10K (it has only 1 pre out).

any particular problem with pioneer or just want to go to another brand.....I would suggest kenwood, alpine, blaupunkt(can be considered) for better sound.....sony is a bit cheap sounding....

Sony is priced within 10k.

SonyStyle

and Kenwood

Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | Head Unit | KDC-X9533U

Dont know the price

USB as in u can plug in a pendrive and play songs directly?? or is it used 2 transfer songs to the headunit itself

you can plug and play songs directly from the USB. The pioneers have this as well now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fb1 (Post 377435)
USB as in u can plug in a pendrive and play songs directly?? or is it used 2 transfer songs to the headunit itself

Yep. You can directly plug-in a pendrive and play the songs off it.

In the case of Sony, some models have memory in the faceplate itself, and the data needs to be copied onto the faceplate (from your computer), and then played off it.

low_bass_makker,no problems as such from pioneer wanted to see if there is something better in the market in that price range... and please guys i dont want to have a sony...
how much will alpine cost which has 3 pre-outs...
while considering clarity and functions which head unit would be good...

If you are fine with Pioneer then I would suggest go for Pioneer only.Pioneer has a decent output and You will missout on OEL display, If you dont go for pioneer. Since you were using 6850 I would suggest you go for 7950UB or 6950IB. I dont know much diff bw two except 79-- has a autoslide feature while the other one is manual. Both have USB feature. You'll need to confirm the prices for both models.

Alpine 9856 costs 16k in grey

try out the new series Pioneer 6950 OEL display and 3 pre-amp out,costing about 8k in grey

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramie2400 (Post 377825)
try out the new series Pioneer 6950 OEL display and 3 pre-amp out,costing about 8k in grey

agree: It's a great VFM and feature packed HU for that sum!!

i still prefer the looks of the 6850 over the 6950. if i had to get a headunit and i didnt really need the USB connectivity i would personally go in for the 6850 instead although its a little older(last years stock)

Rev

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 377855)
i still prefer the looks of the 6850 over the 6950. if i had to get a headunit and i didnt really need the USB connectivity i would personally go in for the 6850 instead although its a little older(last years stock)

Rev

6850 is still available for about 8.8 - 9.2kgrey but in a month or two it will be replaced by 7950 pricing about 10.2 - 10.8 as for the start..
yesterday i had seen the 6950 it had one extra cable coming from the rear when i asked the dealer he said it is used for the Bluetooth connectivity( I guess he also wasnt sure about that)

Pioneer 7950UB looks hot