Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 20:40   #31
BHPian

Sathee, I was under the impression that the Aux should sound as good as the CD. Could you elaborate what kind of issues you had with the Aux-in. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
The OE HU of fiesta 1.6S is a single CD player with MP3 capability, The AUX-IN is a piece of crap i should say. Why not try the JBL power series 6X9
Old 18th May 2009, 10:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Sathee, I was under the impression that the Aux should sound as good as the CD. Could you elaborate what kind of issues you had with the Aux-in. Thanks in advance
The volume levels of the AUX-IN is too low. Intially i connected my mobile phone to the Aux, I could hardly hear the anything at 1/2 the volume, it was better with the Ipod but still you cannot compare it with the CD quality. you need to go high on the volume to listen to your songs. Moreover the EQ is all flat, there is no diffrence whatever you do. The AUX-IN is good to have but you cannot rely on that for your music

Other Fiesta owners can comment on this if i'm wrong.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:45   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Unfortunately these inserts can be procured only from Ford and they do not sell these. I have taken a picture of the wires and will post the same.
Hi,
Can you please post the pics of connector and back of stereo. Now since they give a separate aux in latest SXi premium, may be they would sell this separately.

Thanks
Old 28th April 2010, 16:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The volume levels of the AUX-IN is too low. Intially i connected my mobile phone to the Aux, I could hardly hear the anything at 1/2 the volume, it was better with the Ipod but still you cannot compare it with the CD quality. you need to go high on the volume to listen to your songs. Moreover the EQ is all flat, there is no diffrence whatever you do. The AUX-IN is good to have but you cannot rely on that for your music

Other Fiesta owners can comment on this if i'm wrong.
@ Sathee, I believe the EQ adjustment is there for the AUX-IN port as well. I have felt a difference in the thumping effect when I try different levels on the EQ.

A question to you, Is there a Pre-Out in the OE player of the Fiesta!?
Old 28th April 2010, 17:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ Sathee, I believe the EQ adjustment is there for the AUX-IN port as well. I have felt a difference in the thumping effect when I try different levels on the EQ.

Nope, no pre out. Will have to use a line out. What are you planning to do?
Old 28th April 2010, 17:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

You mean adjusting the Bass/treble levels, IIRC the HU does not have a equalizer. It's been very long since I used it, I may be wrong.

Gilead is right, no preout. You got yourself a 9887, why do you worry about the Preout on the OE HU .
Old 28th April 2010, 17:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean adjusting the Bass/treble levels, IIRC the HU does not have a equalizer. It's been very long since I used it, I may be wrong.

Gilead is right, no preout. You got yourself a 9887, why do you worry about the Preout on the OE HU .
You can adjust only the bass and treble. That's what Arun is calling an equalizer.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You can adjust only the bass and treble. That's what Arun is calling an equalizer.
Yeah, I was talking about the same! The OE HU doesn't have the preset EQ though.

I have a new plan in my mind to go for a 2-Din HU from Alpine and thinking about trading the 9887. Nothing decided yet, but I want to get the speakers installation done for now.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:38   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Sam, Does JBL have one??
JBL & FM transmitter? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Most of her music is on cassettes which have been painstakingly recorded and frequently passed around between her friends and sisters for years.
Just convert them to mp3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
There are some wireless transmittors by Belkin, which are pretty decent.
I have used one and it's pretty good.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:38   #40
BHPian

I have a Fiest EXi retrofitted with OE MP3 player. Can anyone suggest where is my 'Aux' port? The system clearly shows the presence of Aux button!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta OE HU!-aux-input.jpg  

Last edited by akash_m : 25th May 2010 at 17:41.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:45   #41
BHPian

The aux port is supposed to be near the 12v socket, I believe it is not present in the earlier fiesta models. you can check if that can be retro fitted too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks