Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2007, 11:24   #31
BHPian

Guys I think we are most enjoying the discussion... an eye opener actaully........... on the joys of high end amplification>>
Old 27th February 2007, 11:26   #32
BHPian

There is nothing like "mine is bigger than yours" here in this thread.

So far the posts in this thread were all about reference car audio amplification systems.

It is just healthy discussion same way as reference cars like Ferrari's, Koenigsegg's, Bugatti's are discussed on this forum from time to time to share knowledge and information although most of us cannot even afford any of them.

Similarly we were discussing reference amplification systems and sharing knowledge. I don't see anyone over here is trying to prove himself one step above over the other person.

Whatever amplification has been talked about till now I know for sure no one on TBHP can afford to put any of them in his/her car.
Old 27th February 2007, 11:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
One thing I had read about the T15Kw is this amp is built with some kind of enhanced class D technology which allows the amp to run at full potential even with surprisingly low power supply capabilities of the system, hence running cooler at the same time.
You post a pic of that capacitor bank and say 'surprisingly low power supply capabilities'.

Probably what you mean to say is that it is higher efficiency than regular D class amps.
Old 27th February 2007, 11:40   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
It is just healthy discussion same way as reference cars like Ferrari's, Koenigsegg's, Bugatti's are discussed on this forum from time to time to share knowledge and information although most of us cannot even afford any of them.....
However on the thread you mention the people refering and discussing Ferraris, Bugattis etc... do not represent them or sell them. TBHP is a non commercial forum and we have made that clear many times in public and via PM. Please stick to the spirit of this forum.

I think we have all leant that there are amps that exceed 1KW/4ohms. and more What purpose these serve (pratical or theoretical - even F1/Super cars serve a practical purpose) baffles me. It is not rocket science to build a 1KW or even a 5KW amp. for example this one....why would anyone want 6KW or 12KW in a car. There are rock bands that use less power.

:: Ground Zero :: News - 2

Thread closed.

Last edited by navin : 3rd June 2007 at 18:44.
Old 27th February 2007, 11:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Chill, folks! I also found this thread an interesting read. In fact I was just about to post that this thread reminded me of how the ICE forum was, quite a few months back, with all the gurus discussing some serious ICE stuff in the same thread. Without discussions like this, armchair enthusiasts like me will have no way of knowing about stuff that's happening.
Old 27th February 2007, 11:49   #36
Team-BHP Support

Hydra,

If you look at the thread closely you may realise that most facts posted (LBM's details on the JBL amps not withstanding) were posted members who represent the product.

Ofcourse this makes some sense as it is only these members who would be most aware of their products etc... but the same members should also in many cases be aware of some other (competitor's) products, no?

Edit...(28/2/2007)

I got a few PMs today so I would like to clarify things (maybe I was not explicitly clear earlier)

a) Quoting LBM's post was only being used as an example. for example: B&T also does not represent the product he mentioned - not that I know.

b) on TBHP, the moderation on the ICE section seems to depend a lot on my discretion. I dont like this and as the DBHPians and other Mods will tell you I have been trying for many moons to find someone I could pass the baton to. Someone who is not part of the industry, has adequate knowledge and maturity (not nesscarily grey hairs), and preferably has an install that does not include most brands being mentioned here.

c) Lastly, I wonder sometimes if some people on ICE feel that I am being biased. If I am let me clarify that (i) it is NOT intentional (ii) I am not closed to being corrected. Mods are human too.

Last edited by navin : 28th February 2007 at 10:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks