Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 23:20   #31
BHPian

Re: My Vento's super RCD340G headunit : Perspectives of an owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
Lots of options for OEM usb relocation converters are there in Aliexpress. However it will not be plug and play. You will need to open the head unit and solder the wire above the USB port. Please go through the wiring diagram below and colour match the wires to be soldered.

Attachment 2016618

Attachment 2016620

Attachment 2016619
Thanks a lot.

I believe this mod will hamper the warranty of the music system. Hope this will not effect the car's warranty?

Regards
Old 24th June 2020, 09:36   #32
BHPian

Hi JoshMachine, thank you for this superb review. Could you please PM me the details of the dealer in Mumbai from whom you procured the HU? I intend to upgrade the HU of my 2013 Vento Highline to the RCD340G as well.

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Old 18th August 2020, 16:34   #33
BHPian

My Vento's super RCD340G headunit : Perspectives of an owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu1101 View Post
Hi JoshMachine, thank you for this superb review. Could you please PM me the details of the dealer in Mumbai from whom you procured the HU? I intend to upgrade the HU of my 2013 Vento Highline to the RCD340G as well.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Hi. I will need the details as well. I am in Bangalore and tried checking for it with TopGear and Drift. Anwar from top Gear said that this model is not available. Could not contact Drift. If anyone can help if I can get it from somewhere in Bangalore. Vagtune has quoted 28k plus on their website. Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 03:15   #34
BHPian

Can anyone be kind enough to suggest me similar setup as RCD 340 for my superb mk2. It has bolero unit at present. I was planning on upgrading to Sony XAV 7000. Stock looks better though.
Old 21st August 2020, 06:29   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Can anyone be kind enough to suggest me similar setup as RCD 340 for my superb mk2. It has bolero unit at present. I was planning on upgrading to Sony XAV 7000. Stock looks better though.
The RCD 340 unit should be a straight swap with your Superb's current headunit. There's an alternate unit with green backlighting but retails for a slight premium over the regular units. Check it out.
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:12   #36
BHPian

I think this guy called Shalinder Chaudhary (YouTube) can ship you a VW/Skoda 330/340G unit. However, my experience of ordering a canbus adapter from him was not good. The guy was unresponsive, rude and appeared like he was doing me a favour by talking to me. I had ordered my Skoda Green Light 330G from AliE.
Old 3rd September 2020, 21:16   #37
BHPian

Is Aliexpress shipping to India now a days ?
Old 20th October 2020, 21:55   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Glad I could be of help JoshMachine!

I think it’s a no brainer, honestly. Installing the 340G Plus in my Vento was the best decision I’ve made as far as making my driving experience better is concerned. The fact that these units are Compatible with all Polo based cars is amazing.
Hey, could you please pass on the contact of the dealer to me as well? I have a 2014 Polo TDI and I'd love to change my head unit from the RCD320 to the RCD340. I'm based in Mumbai.

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2020, 12:12   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The RCD 340 unit should be a straight swap with your Superb's current headunit. There's an alternate unit with green backlighting but retails for a slight premium over the regular units. Check it out.
Hey Gannu, where can I get the RCD340 in Mumbai? P.S. are you the same Gannu from TE?
Old 27th February 2021, 14:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow! That's a comprehensive review. Even though I don't own a VW car, that's still quite a lot of information that you have provided. It will surely be useful for VW owners out there.
Thanks, that's the objective : you give more, you get more

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
My main criteria are:
1. Good sound quality for listening music, which I guess should be decent as even the current basic system sound reasonable.
2. Google maps with Apple Car play. I’m an Apple user and single user of the car so.
3. Reverse cam feature. Need to have an option for that as would want to install a reverse cam too.
This unit addresses all of these.

Quote:
Also I have a few doubts:
a) can you play music, say from apple music etc., while using Gmaps simultaneously?
b) do we need to connect the phone to the system via a usb/lightening cable or can it work on Bluetooth?
Yes to both the above questions.

Quote:
c) have you installed better speakers with it, if yes which and how’s the performance?
Nope, am using the same original speaker setup. The quality has enhanced significantly just by installing this unit.

Quote:
d) lastly, I am from Mumbai and so where can I get this and if you can please share the price and total cost, would be great. Also were there any other options with this which you may have considered? Also is this OEM and made by VW itself?
Can share the dealer details separately.
No other options were tried. The unit is made by 2 manufacturers, on contract by VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
I also have the same system on my VW Ameo Highline Plus DSG. I have a thing for clean setup, hence was wondering is it possible to relocate the USB port to a better location like the inside of the glovebox? The front USB port and the phone's cable spoils the comfort of the car I feel.
If you have this as the OEM setup, then any wiring changes will affect the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu1101 View Post
Will send separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi. I will need the details as well.
Will send separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
I think this guy called Shalinder Chaudhary (YouTube) can ship you a VW/Skoda 330/340G unit. However, my experience of ordering a canbus adapter from him was not good. The guy was unresponsive, rude and appeared like he was doing me a favour by talking to me
Same here, the guy was acting very cagey and pricey. I gave up after couple of calls (unsuccessful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleater View Post
Hey, could you please pass on the contact of the dealer to me as well? I have a 2014 Polo TDI and I'd love to change my head unit from the RCD320 to the RCD340. I'm based in Mumbai.
Will send separately.

*General information regarding Add-On warranty*

Since I have received quite a few queries via PM, thought of sharing this in the forum directly.
If you have purchased & installed this unit from the authorized dealer, then there is absolutely no issue with the Add-on warranty for your VW car.
However, if you get it installed from an outside source, the authorised dealer may create some nuisance to issue the Add-On warranty (read: the dealer is losing money on the table if you are not buying from him).
However, there is still a way to get the Add-on warranty issued.
What you can try is to ask the authorized dealer to issue a Add-On warranty with the disclaimer that this unit may be kept out of the warranty process, should you require to invoke any claim in the future.
All other line items (including the big ticket "DSG module") of the Add-on warranty remain unchanged and would be covered.

Last edited by JoshMachine : 27th February 2021 at 14:45.
Old 7th April 2021, 18:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Another nifty feature is the "speed-dependent volume increase".
Of late, I have been facing some issues with this feature.

During certain times, the sensitivity setting gets changed randomly (upon starting the car).
As a result - with increasing/decreasing speed, the volume doesn't increase/decrease exponentially.

The impact of this is that if I reduce the car speed abruptly (due to whatever reasons), the volume still remains at its previous setting (relatively loud) and I have to manually reset the head unit every single time for the speed sensitivity to work properly again.

Has anyone faced this issue? Any resolution for this?

Last edited by JoshMachine : 7th April 2021 at 18:40.
Old 13th April 2021, 21:40   #42
BHPian

Hi. In case anyone is looking to purchase the RCD340 (6RF035187C, made by Visteon), the same is available with a VW dealer in Coimbatore who ships the unit to any location in India. I bought one recently and installed it myself in my 2015 GT TSI.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 13th April 2021 at 21:42.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 14:24   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi. In case anyone is looking to purchase the RCD340 (6RF035187C, made by Visteon), the same is available with a VW dealer in Coimbatore who ships the unit to any location in India. I bought one recently and installed it myself in my 2015 GT TSI.
Can you please share the details of the dealer separately?
Old 14th June 2021, 15:25   #44
BHPian

Hi JoshMachine, it would be helpful if you could share me the contact of this VM Mumbai parts dealer! I’ve the 2016 Vento TSI which comes with the RCD 330. I currently plan on upgrading the infotainment system followed by maybe the Highline Plus LED headlights and the 8k OPS. I would be more than thankful if someone can help me with sourcing the parts for the same.
Regards,
BikeDevil44
BikeDevil44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 19:16   #45
BHPian

Hi JoshMachine,

Can you please DM the contact of Mumbai dealer for RCD 340G? I'm thinking of installing in my Yeti.

Thanks
VJ
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks