Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 09:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'm afraid I really don't have an idea about Mumbai. If you PM Gunbir or Autophile (They represent Hertz in India), they will be able to let you have the info.

Location/Install: Install-wise, the midbasses (in front) will be placed in the stock speaker pods, and the tweeters will be placed on the dash or A-pillar (lowest possible location). BTW, will you be getting 2 sets of comps (for front & back)? That will be a little expensive (and excessive/unnecessary). I'd suggest using a reducer/adapter in the back, and get 5.25" co-axials there. No sense in getting a comp set in back if you are in the driver's seat all the time.

Wiring: For one 4-ch amp a 4G or even 8G wiring set would do the job.
Go for 4G if you are likely to get another amp in the future.

For wiring, there are quite a few brands like Twister/Scosche/Stinger etc out there. My personal preference is Audison (would run to about 3.5K for an 8G power wiring kit). The JBL amp kit (at about 3K) would also be a good choice. I'd also suggest Audison RCA interconnects. They would run to about 1K for a 2-ch cable. (You'll need 2 of those for a 4-ch amp). Other brands are also available (same as I mentioned above).

5x7: Nothing special about 5x7". There must be some space constraint in the places where the speakers are placed, and in order to not compromise on cone surface area by giving a 4" or a 5.25" opening, they gave this provision (which would be about the same as a 6" provision, I guess). Or, it must be a Ford thing -- I think all their cars come with this size as standard. They can buy just one kind of speaker in bulk for all their cars (of which one or 2 cars may have some space constraint justifying a 5x7") and save on costs.

RF speakers: I have listened to an RF speaker set a while back & I didn't like it much (That's me). If the dealer is so pushy, he will have no problem in letting you audition them. Why don't you try listening to them? You may like them.

Last edited by hydrashok : 7th March 2007 at 09:46.
Old 7th March 2007, 10:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Where in Mumbai are you. Somewhere in Santacruz (W) there is a place called Milan Subway. THere about 10 car audio dealers on this 500 meter strech. They do all their work on the road/footpath but they sell almost every brand available in India.

There is another collection of car audio dealers in Opera House (Mumbai South). I go to a dealer close to my office so that while I am in my office changes can be made.
Old 7th March 2007, 17:38   #18
BHPian

thanks

Thanks hydrashok. I would prefer not to mount/install tweeter/woofers ect on dash or anywhere else other than the current stock locations.
I did not know whats comps are actually! So i thought everything will go inside the doors .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There is another collection of car audio dealers in Opera House (Mumbai South). I go to a dealer close to my office so that while I am in my office changes can be made.
Thanks.
This is close to my work place (Nariman Point). I will have a look around here first then.

I am from Navi Mumbai.
Old 7th March 2007, 17:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Fusion ships with a 5x7" OEM location eh? Thats interesting!
Most Fords do that souljah.
Old 26th March 2007, 22:15   #20
BHPian

Hi Ramie2400,
I have been thinking of installing the Blau GTA 4 Special in my Santro and was glad to read your comments. Any idea about its fuse rating? Strangely, not mentioned on the website.
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2007, 10:08   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Most Fords do that souljah.
I think they started this in the 50s. I have seen a '57 Mustang with 5x7s.

If you look at the rear deck of the Fords from that era you will notice that it was rather narow (so were many other small block sportsters like the Plymouth Scamp etc..) so the only way they could get enough bass out of the rear deck was by using ovals both 5x7 and 6x8.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:12   #22
BHPian

Just found the fuse rating for the Blaupunkt GTA 4 Special amplifier on the manual that I downloaded and thought I should share it. It is a respectable 25A x 2.
Can any of the gurus compare it with the JBL cs60.4 and post comments please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks