Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 00:40   #1
BHPian

Has anyone tried Wireless Apple Carplay from carplay2air.com?

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on the new thread. Thanks!

Hello Bhpians!

Having bought my Skoda Octavia L&K last year and 'given up' on the upcoming 4th gen Octavia, I have been thinking around the features I would probably compromised upon. Though I am more than happy & content with my purchase, I wonder what more can a car offer.

Of all the features in L&K, something I truly wish if it would have made through was a 'Wireless Apple Carplay'. While researching on the options available in the market, I came across this website - https://carplay2air.com/ and many videos on youtube which seems quite encouraging. The device costs INR 12K, which I may be willing to invest provided it works as prescribed.

Youtube link -

Just wondering if there are any BHPians who would have tried this wonder product yet or is planning to? Also, are there any other worthy alternatives?

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2020 at 07:11. Reason: Linking to new thread :)
vickyP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 19:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Has anyone tried Wireless Apple Carplay from carplay2air.com?

Hi, This looks promising. If it works well and of good quality, it's a worthwhile buy though price is on the higher side.

In fact I'm looking for a similar device for android auto. Any clue?

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th June 2020 at 19:47.
Old 7th June 2020, 00:15   #3
BHPian

re: Has anyone tried Wireless Apple Carplay from carplay2air.com?

Thank you for starting this thread and notifying me about this device. Sounds like it could possibly solve the issues I'm facing with Apple CarPlay in my Octavia RS 245 which I reported in my ownership thread. I have escalated my issues within Skoda, and they're looking into it, but I think that this device could possibly solve my issues by eliminating the cable.

Asked my accountant whether I can purchase it on my company, and will confirm here if I end up ordering it.

Cheers
Old 7th June 2020, 01:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post

Asked my accountant whether I can purchase it on my company, and will confirm here if I end up ordering it.

Cheers

I hope your issue with carplay is sorted otherwise as well. However, if you do order and get one - please do let us know how it goes.

I am planning to order one - but may be only after a couple of months at least; if there are no reviews till then, I shall surely post to fill in the details.
Old 8th June 2020, 16:58   #5
BHPian

Re: Has anyone tried Wireless Apple Carplay from carplay2air.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
I hope your issue with carplay is sorted otherwise as well. However, if you do order and get one - please do let us know how it goes.

I am planning to order one - but may be only after a couple of months at least; if there are no reviews till then, I shall surely post to fill in the details.
Thank you! I hope so too. My car is in the service center this morning for diagnosis, and is being checked directly by Skoda's technical team due to my escalation. Let's see what comes out of their investigation.

I also got the confirmation from my accountant, so have ordered the CPLAY2air wireless adapter, and it will apparently take 5-7 business days to reach me from the U.S.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 22:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Thank you! I hope so too. My car is in the service center this morning for diagnosis, and is being checked directly by Skoda's technical team due to my escalation. Let's see what comes out of their investigation.

I also got the confirmation from my accountant, so have ordered the CPLAY2air wireless adapter, and it will apparently take 5-7 business days to reach me from the U.S.

Cheers
What is the exact issue that you are facing with carplay in your Octavia RS?
Looking forward to hear back from you once you get the device and some feedback on it! Thanks!
Old 10th June 2020, 00:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
What is the exact issue that you are facing with carplay in your Octavia RS?
Looking forward to hear back from you once you get the device and some feedback on it! Thanks!
My iPhone/s keeps disconnecting from the head-unit, it refuses to connect/reconnect at times - forcing me to reboot the head-unit, and then my head-unit also reboots itself while using CarPlay. These issues happen very often, and are extremely annoying!
They still have my car at the service center, and I haven't heard anything back so far, so it looks like they're really attempting to solve my issues permanently.

I will definitely provide feedback on the CPLAY2air wireless adapter once I use it. Since I have wireless charging for my phone in my car, it should be perfect for me honestly. Also, it's not coming from the U.S like I thought, it is being shipped to me from China instead.

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 10th June 2020 at 00:11.
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks