Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 09:12   #1
BHPian

Cheapest complete entertainment unit - how much

Hi,
My bro-in-law is planning to ICE his new Estilo and is on a very very strict budget of around 15K. He doesnt have any ICE components as yet in the car and was wondering if he can get a roof mounted DVD screen with a basic HU in that price.

He was also thinking about not going for the subwoofer to save on some space in the boot. Would any music sound okay without a subwoofer ? What are the other options (maybe the smallest one available) ?

We are from Mumbai (Vikhroli), so would appreciate if you can tell us where to get it fitted from. Its a new car, so is the warranty affected if you get it fitted from outside ?
Old 30th March 2007, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Hi,
My bro-in-law is planning to ICE his new Estilo and is on a very very strict budget of around 15K. He doesnt have any ICE components as yet in the car and was wondering if he can get a roof mounted DVD screen with a basic HU in that price.

He was also thinking about not going for the subwoofer to save on some space in the boot. Would any music sound okay without a subwoofer ? What are the other options (maybe the smallest one available) ?

We are from Mumbai (Vikhroli), so would appreciate if you can tell us where to get it fitted from. Its a new car, so is the warranty affected if you get it fitted from outside ?
You can only fit a system into this budget if you use unofficial products (i.e. ones without bill and warranty). You can get grey market JVC DVD Player for about 7-8k and 7" roof mount screen for about 4-5k. With the remaining you could get some Pioneer or so speakers. Its not compulsory to have a sub, but it does help. In your case, you might have to stretch the budget if you want a sub and amp too. For such grey market deals I would advise you go to Sion Koliwada, try Alankar (24168211).
Old 30th March 2007, 11:09   #3
BHPian

What about warranty implications if fitted from third party ?
Old 30th March 2007, 12:34   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think B&T has clearly stated that these are grey market prices they carry no warranty.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Its a new car, so is the warranty affected if you get it fitted from outside ?
Its not clear when you say warranty if fitted from outside. Do you mean warranty for car or for ICE components. If it's for latter the answer is already given. If for former, then no issues about it.
Old 30th March 2007, 14:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

this is where carbon boss etc comes into limelight
Old 30th March 2007, 14:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

In cheap speakers/screens/HU space you have DAPIC and The Carbon. You can pick up a 7" screen from these guys + components for pretty cheap.
Old 30th March 2007, 15:52   #8
BHPian

Yes. I meant the warranty for the car. Also, I am assuming Carbon is a brand for DVD screens only and the HU would most probably be a JVC and speakers from Pio. Any changes to that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks