Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:14   #1
BHPian

JBL BassPro II without Amp?

Hi All,
I have Pioneer DEH 2950MP 50wX4 (think) with Kenwood front speakers and JBL GTO 6X9'' speakers at the rear. I dont have an amp and not planning for it now. I just came across someone selling his JBL BassPro II for Rs.5500. He suggested that this is best option for those who dont have an AMP and planning to add extra bass.
Considering the dimensions and price. please advice if its a good option for my current set up, will it enhance the listening experience ie add gud bass to music? Also will it be good fit in Palio boot, i need gud enuf boot space. Any idea how much is the market price ? Can i add this unit without having an amp ?

For quick info on this pls refer : JBL Car & Marine Audio

Thanks in advance.
Pavan
Old 2nd April 2007, 23:11   #2
BHPian

Dunno how good it is, but from the looks of it, you definitely don't need an amp with it.
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:34   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer View Post
I just came across someone selling his JBL BassPro II for Rs.5500.
the bass pro is an amplfied woofer. can call it a wubwoofer as the woofer is rather small (6"). so dont expect a lot of bass from it.

BTW please see if it has 2 6" woofers or just one. The website says just one.
Old 3rd April 2007, 14:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Is has a single, quad voice coil woofer. No amazing bass, but good for the space strapped.
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:57   #5
BHPian

Does this mean I wouldnt have that thumping boom that we ge with Amp+Subwoofer effect ? Also since i already had JBL rear speakers, i was under impression that this will add 'dinchak' effect. Can i connect my speakers too thru this BassPro 2 amp ? still confused whether to go for it or not.
Old 3rd April 2007, 17:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

The thumping boom I think you are refering to are amplified bass tubes. No you cannot use the bass pro amp for your other speakers.
Old 4th April 2007, 00:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteer View Post
Does this mean I wouldnt have that thumping boom that we ge with Amp+Subwoofer effect ? Also since i already had JBL rear speakers, i was under impression that this will add 'dinchak' effect. Can i connect my speakers too thru this BassPro 2 amp ? still confused whether to go for it or not.
I will add only "din" not the "chak" as it is a sub...also it will not add much of a "din" as it has a 6 inch sub which cannot produce much bass....it is like a computer speaker subwoofer type of a thing....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks