Team-BHP - NHC Vtec HU change
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   NHC Vtec HU change (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23361-nhc-vtec-hu-change.html)

hey...well i have the stock ALPINE 2 DIN system which comes company fitted from Honda since the day i bought the car, but now seeing my friends having all jazzy HU's fitted n what not...i really want to upgrade my HU...

so the help i need from all respected guru's on the forum (specially LBM since i know him personally):
1. how much can i get my HU sold off for?
2. whats a good HU that i can get for an additional 10k max..after selling off my HU? (e.g. if HU goes for 8k..then i can afford a HU for 18k)

Preference to HU's with:
1. Large color display (not that important)
2. Memory slot
3. Audio In jack

my friend bought a JVC HU for Rs.24,000...huge screen, SD slot, DVD player all in one...really hot

but that goes slightly off my budget unless my HU sells for Rs14,000 which is impossible i suppose

Thanks,
Avin

Buddy, I've seen and heard that Alpine HU, and I really don't think you should change it. It sounds really good. Ok, it doesn't look jazzy, but does that really matter?

I don't know about how well it can support an amp/amps (no idea of how many pre-outs), but the HU in itself makes speakers sound real good.

A friend of mine got Hertz DSK130s in front and ECX165s in back in is NHC VTEC 4 days back, and boy does it sound heavenly! My installer loves that HU. He's got 2-3 of them with him that VTEC owners exchanged for ordinary Pios (because of the display of the Pios!!!). My installer always tries his best to make the owners understand the folly, but he gives up after 2-3 tries. The HU gets an exchange price of about 4-5K, when it is actually worth about 26K (according to my installer). It certainly sounds about that good to me, for a 2-din that also takes cassettes.

I've also listened to a Verna that got one of these HUs transplanted from an NHC VTEC, and that car sounded even better than an NHC (with DSK165s in front and VIBE ovals in back). I guess the body-panels did the trick.

So what I'm saying is, don't sell. If you sell, you won't get much for it. And you'll be losing a really good HU. But if you want a screen on your dash for movies et al, then I guess you have no choice.

add an additional screen and dvd player or something, if the player is really good.

i faced a very similar dilemma with new car ICE then i decided to stay with the old PIO coz the exchange offer was some 3k and the player had nothing wrong with it and hardly used, yeah it was fitted in the car for last 3 years, so what.

i retained it now i have a cd changer, radio, cassette player along with iPOD connected using the regular headphone-cassette adapter (costed some 200 rs) and trust me sound from ipod with this is not that bad either

Thanks for your reply, ashok.

I already have speakers, amps, n a bass tube put in...
so i dont think ill change any of those..very happy with the JBL sound ...

@Jaggu..there aint no space to do that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.tec (Post 418911)
Thanks for your reply, ashok.

I already have speakers, amps, n a bass tube put in...
so i dont think ill change any of those..very happy with the JBL sound ...

@Jaggu..there aint no space to do that...

I actually wasn't asking you to change your speakers [though reading my post again tells me one could have interpreted it that way :) ]. I was just trying to illustrate that you have a really good HU that will give really good output if you change the stock speakers. Didn't know you'd already done that :)

screen you can always add on top of the dash/roof/seat head rest etc, player can be accommodated in different places including inside the dash ;)

unless and until you are real mp3/usb fan i really wouldnt recommend a new HU

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 418900)
. The HU gets an exchange price of about 4-5K, when it is actually worth about 26K (according to my installer). It certainly sounds about that good to me, for a 2-din that also takes cassettes.

Hmm, these guys should be willing to sell the swapped ones for 7-8k ... ?
Am looking, so pointers would be welcome. Also, from your post, seems a mix n match of the Diecis and Enrgy series is ok. Hadn't considered that.

hmm...thanks man.....

I have two HU in mind first is Pioneer 7950 IB...it has usb, IPOD support and some nice tunning options and has a direct aux in option also......the display is blue color...and will cost you about 15k with b/w...and 10-11k in grey....

the other one is the JVC hu which has dvd player inbuilt with a 3 inch screen....it has also one feature of reading mp3 from dvd so you can put more than 4 gb of songs on one dvd.....it has basic audio controls....

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 419127)
hmm...thanks man.....

I have two HU in mind first is Pioneer 7950 IB...it has usb, IPOD support and some nice tunning options and has a direct aux in option also......the display is blue color...and will cost you about 15k with b/w...and 10-11k in grey....

the other one is the JVC hu which has dvd player inbuilt with a 3 inch screen....it has also one feature of reading mp3 from dvd so you can put more than 4 gb of songs on one dvd.....it has basic audio controls....

the JVC one sounds hot..what's the model no.? how much did it cost u?

the model no I dont remember....but it costs about 18-19k......a perfect fit for your situation....

yeah ur right...thats cool then..if you can see the model no. let me know...thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenx (Post 419015)
...Also, from your post, seems a mix n match of the Diecis and Enrgy series is ok. Hadn't considered that.

We tried it out to see if it would work. On paper they seemed to be ok with each other. After the installation, the overall sound was really good. Even with a HU driving them.
We we had to try this combo as 6.5" Dieci coaxes were out of stock. And my friend absolutely HAD to have the installation done immediately.

If you are sure of changing the HU after reading Hydra's post, then you can opt for a PIO 7950. Has enough jazz and some good features too.

v.tech,
your friend's jvc is a kd-avx2( this is a 5.1 dolby pro logic ll unit). hope it is in avx1. one of my friend on a casual visit to national market found it going for 11k. can any bangloreans have a check on this.
you can before purchase compare the quality of output of jvc and alpine before going for it.
why not check out kw-avx607 (7'' touch screen) since you can take in a double din( priced at 28k 4 months back).

so what came inplace of alpine sir.....