Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:22   #1
BHPian

Bluetooth Carkits

I see that Team-BHP member Viper deals in Parrot Bluetooth carkits. What is their compatibility like with Nokia phones and also other brand handsets? Are there any features that don't work?

Has anyone installed an Nokia Bluetooth carkit? What are their prices and who installed the kit.

Thanks
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Best PM Viper for references.
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:58   #3
BHPian

I tried various car kits, most work just fine though individual phones show different info on some kits (battery, signal etc). If that is not something of a priority, i highly recommend the Sony HCB-700, not easy to find but the best looking and works great. I use that in one of my cars.

cheers.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

I second Ankur on the Sony Ericsson kit, we recently used it in Autopsyche's car and it rocks. Highly Recommended. I have also seen Parrot kits in use and they work very well too.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikram_D's got a terrific Pioneer Bluetooth HU, but then again everything in his car is terrific. PM him for details
Old 24th April 2007, 00:50   #6
BHPian

Thanks for all the advice. I have heard good things about the Sony Ericsson kit, but most of my phones are Nokia. I don't want to loose features like voice dialing etc...

I am leaning towards either a Nokia kit, Parrot kit or a head unit with built in phone. I have seen on Blaupunkt site they do a HU with bluetooth carkit. Any other recommendations from other brands officially available in India with warranty?

Thanks
Old 24th April 2007, 02:13   #7
BHPian

I use this Amazon.com: Jabra SP100 Bluetooth Speakerphone: Cell Phones & Service

But if I were to pick one today, I would pick one which integrates into the Headunit so that the music mutes automagically. This one does not do that. And this works well with all phone brands I have tried.
Old 24th April 2007, 04:01   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Parrot Bluetooth carkits.
the Parrot carkits are popular in the US and from what i understand some of them are DIY jobs. i know that a few people do use them in their Land Rovers - from another forum i surf.
Old 24th April 2007, 19:51   #9
BHPian

Any opinions on the Blaupunkt Hamberg with built in bluetooth phone? How much are they? Any other brands?

Is it better to go for HU with phone or a seperate carkit (especially costs wise)?
Old 24th April 2007, 20:32   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I am leaning towards either a Nokia kit, Parrot kit or a head unit with built in phone. I have seen on Blaupunkt site they do a HU with bluetooth carkit. Any other recommendations from other brands officially available in India with warranty?

Thanks
Hi Raja,

Check out this product Parrot - RHYTHM N'BLUE
and see this link for the other Parrot models sold in India.
Viper Performance India | Performance Products ...

Regards,

viper
viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2009, 12:00   #11
BHPian

bumping up a old thread.

A friend is traveling back from US and planning to bring back a parrot CK3100 (which is very cheap in US).

What I read is that there is typically a ISO wiring harness that you use it to connect to the control unit to the car unit.

Now my question comes

How will the parrot control unit be hooked to my pioneer 4050UB.
As i understand that the ISO wiring herness is for factory fitted HUs. what about aftermarket HU's like the Pio 4050

I just want a confirmation that the Ck3100 and the Pio 4050UB will work fine with each other, so that i can order it.

Jiggy - what say?

Guys please reply quickly have to place a order by tonite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks