Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 20:42   #1

Echo in phone calls made via the car's bluetooth connection

Hi all, need help with a problem I have been facing in my new car, Kia Seltos. Whenever my phone is connected to the car's bluetooth and I answer a call, the callers complain of hearing an echo of their own voice. The echo is only for their own voice but not for mine. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my phone as this issue was not there in my previous car.

One thought was that maybe both the phone's mic and the car's handsfree system's mic are both receiving the audio somehow causing the echo. But when I press mute on the phone, then the callers don't hear anything at all which seems to suggest that the car's mic is not at all being used. Not sure if this is the issue. Has anyone faced this issue and solved it? Anything for me to try and debug this?

I searched the forum for any previous posts on this but most of the results relate to this issue faced on after market HUs or stereos. Didn't find a sure shot solution there.
Old 7th March 2021, 23:30   #2
BHPian

re: Echo in phone calls made via the car's bluetooth connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post
Hi all, need help with a problem I have been facing in my new car, Kia Seltos. Whenever my phone is connected to the car's bluetooth and I answer a call, the callers complain of hearing an echo of their own voice. The echo is only for their own voice but not for mine. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my phone as this issue was not there in my previous car.

One thought was that maybe both the phone's mic and the car's handsfree system's mic are both receiving the audio somehow causing the echo. But when I press mute on the phone, then the callers don't hear anything at all which seems to suggest that the car's mic is not at all being used. Not sure if this is the issue. Has anyone faced this issue and solved it? Anything for me to try and debug this?

I searched the forum for any previous posts on this but most of the results relate to this issue faced on after market HUs or stereos. Didn't find a sure shot solution there.
Try to hardwire with system, I am sure car play will get activated, hopefully echo problem will get resolved, echo generally happens over Bluetooth
Old 9th March 2021, 12:02   #3
BHPian

Re: Echo in phone calls made via the car's bluetooth connection

I face this issue in my Polo as well, and I think this is a general issue faced when you connect the phone to the car, unless of course if you have a high end car where they take care of the echo.

I generally lower the call volume a bit and that usually solves the problem for me.
Old 9th March 2021, 18:23   #4
BHPian

Re: Echo in phone calls made via the car's bluetooth connection

I think the culprit is your own phone and not the car.

Most modern phones get over this problem by employing dual mic placed strategically on your phone (may be one at the bottom and one at the top) to digitally cancel the echo.

If you have a phone that does not have this feature (check specs) then try putting your phone inside the glove box or tuck into the sun visor (with mic facing the hinge) and make this call. You car system will anyway show the caller and address book.

If you do have a phone with dual microphone support check in your setting if noise cancellation is turned off by mistake. Turn it back on.

Also the Mute function you specified is working as per expectation, this is the default behaviour. Try with a BT headset, its the same.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks