Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 15:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Thanks, Navin & LBM. I understand the need to listen, not only to Audison/ Hertz but also other respected brands like JBL/ Infinity & Alpine. I am trying to explore opportunities in Kolkata with the help of BHPians from this city.
I am also travelling to Thailand next month & hope to have a listen there too. Would love to have your recommendations for good ICE outlets, particularly brand-showrooms in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. Only for listening. Much more convenient buying in India.

If you are going to thailand...I would say try o get the stuff from there as they will be quite cheap there when compared to india.....
Old 5th May 2007, 19:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The BBW Distributors website is unfortunately still under construction. So I'd like to request Gunbir & JB to discuss the difference between the V.2 & V.3 subs as well as post the price of the IDQ10D4V.2 if possible. Thanks.
The iDQ v3 subs are yet to be launched anywhere in the world. Expect them to be here by July or so.

The iDQ10v2 costs Rs 9400 while the iDQ10v3 will cost Rs 14100.
Old 5th May 2007, 19:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The v3 is the new model. Available now in India I guess. rishibravo got a 12" V3 for his Palio about a week back.
Uh, my mistake. I'd forgot the correction in rishibravos' thread. It was not an IDQ V3, but an ID V3.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:28   #49
BHPian

Thanks Gunbir for posting the price of the IDQV2. And a good sealed enclosure would be another 1.5K?
Old 6th May 2007, 23:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nura, yes, depending on the accessories (binding posts, corners, carpet), it should cost between 1500~2500.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:38   #51
BHPian

Hello Nura,

Sure will be happy to set up a demo for you any time..
Hertz ESk setup in a swift..
Just SMS / call when you are free.

Quote:
Very nicely explained LBM. Thanks. A request to BHPians from Kolkata who have similar set-ups, can I have a listen?
Old 12th May 2007, 18:32   #52
BHPian

SPROCKET hyd suggesting not to go for JBL 607c

Hi Team

I went to SPROCKET HYD branch and i did mention Gautam , i gues he sits another location in Hyd then i mentioned SAM and Team BHP he was happy

my req:

JBL 607 Front
JBL 75.4 AMP
JBL 4-12 Sub

Price was

607c 6500
75.4 14990
4-12 4990
wiring 2990
install 1100
woofer box 1600

he was ready to give me 12% disc ... however he did not had 75.4 amp
and he was suggesting to go for 2 amps
one mono amp
and 60.2 is it good if i go for 2 and he was telling for 75.4 there will be lot of jarring noise which i felt he was lying ,and pushing it on to me so tht i can go for both amps and he was telling 607 cannot be fitted in Santro, if i want then he says for moulded one i have to pay 3500/- how far is it true.

and other thing he mentioned was for 607 front .it will touch our thighs i felt his statement was ridicuous.

Am i being taken for a ride ?? so tht i can go for 2 amps

another question it might sound stupid ...if we are powering this much will it affect in any way the battery or car's performance?

guys help me out .... I need get it installed by monday.
Old 12th May 2007, 19:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Hi Team

I went to SPROCKET HYD branch and i did mention Gautam , i gues he sits another location in Hyd then i mentioned SAM and Team BHP he was happy

my req:

JBL 607 Front
JBL 75.4 AMP
JBL 4-12 Sub

Price was

607c 6500
75.4 14990
4-12 4990
wiring 2990
install 1100
woofer box 1600

he was ready to give me 12% disc ... however he did not had 75.4 amp
and he was suggesting to go for 2 amps
one mono amp
and 60.2 is it good if i go for 2 and he was telling for 75.4 there will be lot of jarring noise which i felt he was lying ,and pushing it on to me so tht i can go for both amps and he was telling 607 cannot be fitted in Santro, if i want then he says for moulded one i have to pay 3500/- how far is it true.

and other thing he mentioned was for 607 front .it will touch our thighs i felt his statement was ridicuous.

Am i being taken for a ride ?? so tht i can go for 2 amps

another question it might sound stupid ...if we are powering this much will it affect in any way the battery or car's performance?

guys help me out .... I need get it installed by monday.

the above combination is the best VFM thing....and will be good for basicaly every car...I think the deal is try to sell you two amp as he does not have a 75.4......IMHO the 75.4 will be a better thing as it will cost you less and there will be less hasels to install one amp when compared to two amps...but if you go with two amp which one would be the other one.....the santro doors can take 6.5 inch but with a little moding.....

there will be no effect on the car perfromance but there can be on battery if you play your setup at loud volumes for a longer duration.....as it will discharge the battery and then alternater will charge it but the freq of charging and discharging will be higher when compared to the normal.....and a battery is have a limited life....
Old 12th May 2007, 20:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

The prices look quite OK. Only they're the MRP Since he's giving a discount it is quite fine.

I'd also back l_b_m on the 75.4. It is a really good amp. Overall I thing the setup will get done with lesser cost if you wait for a 75.4

The front speakers, when mounted in the door of a Santro, sit a bit high. That must be why he said the midbass will brush against your thigh. A bit of cutting-shutting of the door-pad will be needed to inmstall the 6.5s. But IMHO it is worth going to a bit of expense and effort to get 6.5" comps in the front, rather than the 4" coaxials you'll end up with if you use the stock locations.
Old 12th May 2007, 21:50   #55
JPL
BHPian

Hi.

First the 75.4 mrp is 12990/- JBL 520-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier - GTO75.4 gifts in india at rediff shopping

Odd, but when I had visited the Sprocket in bangalore even they had the old prices and when I insisted that this is price that I had seen online and also I had the printout of the same they gave a call to the distributor and apologized to me that the prices had been actually cut.

As Hydra said its definitely better to go for 6.5 compos in the front door then 4" coax in the stock locations.

And regarding the discounts, well thats what they say..discount on mrp..so its almost the same or rather a bit more.

This stuff you can get anywhere for a lesser price, maybe fellow T-bhpians can help with a reputed installer. You also need to check the credibility of the installer to get a clean job done.
Old 12th May 2007, 22:45   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

The price of GTO75.4 was dropped to Rs. 12,990/- a while ago. Some dealers are unaware of the change and some prefer not to be aware of the change.

As a consumer it is always safer to ask for the latest catalogue. Ask for the 2007 catalogue and check the price there. (We always print prices).

Ofcourse, checking the rediff site is a ready reckoner.
Old 12th May 2007, 22:52   #57
BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the quick responses....

definitely i'm gonna wait till he gets 75.4

my questions:

without touching the door , can i get another door for less cost so that i can play with that one and keep the original one.

wht does he mean by moulding ? does it mean damping ? he was talking about some fibre thing.

shall i get it installed SPROCKET itself or any good installers in Hyd?
Old 12th May 2007, 23:32   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I would definitely not recommend buying spare doors for your santro

What everyone (and sprocket) is trying to tell you is that they will cut a hole in the door panel, trim some metal, mount a ring (mostly an MDF ring) and mount a larger midwoofer in the door.
It's done quite commonly and not such a big deal.

If you are a large guy, it may occasionally brush your legs while driving. Unfortunately this is something you will have to live with.

Hope this demystifies it for you. Cheers.
Old 12th May 2007, 23:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
without touching the door , can i get another door for less cost so that i can play with that one and keep the original one.

wht does he mean by moulding ? does it mean damping ? he was talking about some fibre thing.
I hope you meant getting another doorpad

Yep. You can either:
a) Get another OE door-pad from Hyundai; or
b) Get an MDF door-pad made and keep the OE doorpad safely.

I'd recommend getting an MDF doorpad as it will ultimately cost about the same as an OE door-pad, and it will be wayyyy stiffer and resistant to vibration if installed well.

By "moulding" the installer most likely meant fiberglass. A little costly route, IMHO. But done well, it will look quite good.
Old 12th May 2007, 23:39   #60
JPL
BHPian

Regarding the door panel ( well that was one my main concerns when I Iced my Santro) I will get the prices on tuesday ( servicing my car) you may also have seen hydra elaborate that MDF gives better damping against the stock door panels. however please check the cost of replacement door panels and let me know also, if sooner.

Even with the stock door panel and with the JBL GTO 607 you will need damping ( no fibre thingy) to reduce the vibrations coming from the 6.5 compos and making the front door rattle. More infor here, actually a guide to damping. Vibration Damping Installation Guide

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks