Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 11:36   #1
BHPian

Android Auto pairing problem after smartphone OS update

Dear All

I have a Samsung mobile which recently got an UI3.1 update. I drive a Ford Freestyle which has a SYNC 3 infotainment system.

Ever since I got the mobile OS update, I am having this peculiar problem. My mobile pairs with the system when I plug it via USB, but every time I try to use the Google Assistant for voice commands, it just says "Something went wrong, please try again later".

SYNC3 also allows you to pair via bluetooth without USB connection, in which case you do not get Android Auto but a simple pairing with SYNC3 voice control facilities. Unfortunately, even though the mobile is pairing, the voice control are simply not activated.

I read on the net that this is a problem with the latest update of Android Auto, but some of the articles were too technical for me.

As for the second part, I am not sure if this has something to do with the mobile update or whether it is an altogether separate issue with SYNC3.

Would appreciate if fellow members share their experiences and possible solutions.
Old 18th March 2021, 12:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Android Auto pairing problem after smartphone OS update

I faced the similar issue with Nexon XZ+ after updating my S10+ to UI3. I performed a factory reset of the Infotainment and cleared the cache and data of Android Auto App. Reconnected, synced fine. Try the same and check if that resolves the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks