Team-BHP - Ported Enclosure For HERTZ es380 15"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Ported Enclosure For HERTZ es380 15" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/23964-ported-enclosure-hertz-es380-15-a-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autophile (Post 451455)
I want to ask that on what basis do you draw conclusion that one brand is more esoteric than other?

esoteric can also mean "secret" as in
esoteric definition - Dictionaries - MSN Encarta

I have seen more of Audison than Steg. To me the Steg were a bigger secret than Audison. It does not mean one is better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 451157)
I'll let Navin answer your question, but I do want to point out that I absolutely do not regard a mono amp as a MACK and 2/ 4 channel amps as 911s. That would be a whole lot of generalization.

It is generalization. It is best I could do under the circumstances. Compare for example the JBL 755.6 vs the JBL 601.1 (both cost about the same). In fact I should have said "multichannel amps". A 40x4 amp compared to a 160x1 amp for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipto333 (Post 452040)
i am planning to build a ported enclosure for my sub but im not sure what will be the effect on sq. want your expert advice on this gunman. what is the basic difference between properly designed sealed and ported enclosure for the same sub?

Clip, this basically differs from sub to sub. In this case, the ES380 will sound a bit louder around some frequencies but still remain smooth. So little loss of SQ here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 452394)
Clip, this basically differs from sub to sub. In this case, the ES380 will sound a bit louder around some frequencies but still remain smooth. So little loss of SQ here.

I think the ported will be at loss at the freq which will be lower than the tunned one but otherwise it will be good everywhere.....nice and smooth....

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 452394)

hi gunman,

this was the reply i was looking for. so i will definitely build a ported enclosure now that ive got the advice.

1 more thing. i think driven had the exact dimensions for all the subs according to the car. if thats the case, can you help me with it so there is minimum error? nevermind if not possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 452402)
I think the ported will be at loss at the freq which will be lower than the tunned one but otherwise it will be good everywhere.....nice and smooth....

that toh i know. waise gunbir what would be the tuning frequency if the enclosure is built according to the recommendation by HERTZ?

thanks guy

clip

clip I have posted the same a few pages before.....check it out...

hertz recommend a 60 lts box...with 25 hz tunning freq which will require a 82mm dia port with 290 mm length

hi,

thanks again lbm. i forgot that you had posted it earlier. i have a bad memory :-) . the tuning frequency is quite low. i think it wll be ok. what do you say?

ya it is quite adequate for the job.....