Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 23:35   #16

Hey koushik

From what i get to hear from my friends in the US its the clarion is a hot seller'

Clarion makes awesome Head Units, I myself ordered a Clarion dxz77usb from the US which one of my cousins is ferrying from the US alongwith two pairs of Rockford Fosgate's (comps & coaxial) for my Swift
Old 12th June 2007, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I wish it should have been more generalized USB interface instead of (or in addition to) sd card.
Whatever it is, I'm inclined to say that it is a step in right direction. I am hoping to see more HUs without any moving parts. They should just play from an external pluggable storage, a SD card or a USB mass storage.

But when I think of it, the manufacturers have probably no motivation promoting this. The CD drive drives the price (and margin) higher, they go bad on 13th month (I mean immediately after warranty expiry, happened to me) so that customer has to buy another again. Why should anyone manufacture a HU which will sell at less than 1/2 the price and last much longer?

Kousik
Old 7th May 2009, 10:33   #18
BHPian

Cheapest HU with USB and AUX in

Hello!

What would be the cheapest HU that has USB and Aux in? The vehicle in question is a jeep, so dust is a major issue.. hence wanted to go in for direct USB thumb drives..

Thanks!

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th May 2009 at 11:52. Reason: Use search please, similar thread and merged
Old 7th May 2009, 12:11   #19
BHPian

cheapest is Rs 600 (no eq, no pre-out) when i last checked a few months ago ! look at the ones that cost around Rs 1000 - 1500 (these have EQ and pre-outs) , they are better made and sound better. i think they'd go well with a jeep - they have slots only have a usb slot and a sdcard slot along with radio!
Old 7th May 2009, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Thanks!
Any known brands that I should look for?
Old 8th May 2009, 00:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Thanks!
Any known brands that I should look for?
errr, no brands as such - its all chinese stuff - might have any brand name on it ! the stuff that goes into them seems to be the same though - the 600 rupee ones are really horrible , they have no eq and a display that shows just the track number !

I picked up a HU that had "worldtech" written on it, this was the one with the best (among the cheapo) build quality and _acceptable_(i find something amiss, will fix it soon ). Cost was around 1.4K on SP road in bangalore, It also had 2 sets of pre-outs!

I picked it up mainly because I find sdcards and usb sticks more convenient than CDs !

A thing to note though you get what you pay for!

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 8th May 2009 at 00:48.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:49   #22
BHPian

True... What would then, be the minimum I would need to shell out if I were to get say a "Branded" one??

Also, how well will they work with two regular speakers in the front and two decent(read cheap :P ) ovals under the rear seats?
Old 8th May 2009, 10:09   #23
BHPian

I couldn't find a branded one , hence opted for this unbranded one. I use the HU with non-cheapo speakers , i think its better to buy better speakers , good branded speakers from the grey market would cost around 4k or less for both the front and the back speakers.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:40   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs! I shall get one of these HU's and use the current sony speakers from the back for the front and get a pair of ovals for the rear..
Old 8th May 2009, 13:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

There is one being given by TATA with Palios. The HU has nothing but an SD card and a USB. It is small and light.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:34   #26
BHPian

I finally installed a cheap one BOSS 750DI: An all solid state cheapo car audio @ Hacking | Photography | Bird-WatchingBest part is, in addition to AUX, USB and SD card, it has an iPod dock built in, so it securely holds my iPod, charges it and I can control the iPod using the remote of the HU itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks