Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2021, 11:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700's Sony sound system previewed

The Mahindra XUV700 will be the first vehicle in India to get Sony's inbuilt 3D sound system powered by 'Sound Building Blocks' and Sony's 360 Spatial Sound Technology.

Mahindra XUV700's Sony sound system previewed-screenshot-20210813-112208.jpg

According to Sony, the 3D sound system has been specifically tuned for the XUV700. It uses a 445W 13 channel DSP amplifier and 12 custom-designed speakers, including a subwoofer. It is claimed to offer a highly realistic 3D immersive spatial sound field inside the cabin. All stereo sources including radio, online streaming, USB or mobile phone can be enjoyed in 3D.

Sony's 3D sound system comes with DSEE technology which is said to enhance the sound quality of compressed audio files and SDVC (Speed Dependent Volume/EQ Control) for maintaining volume and tonal balance at any vehicle speed.

The Mahindra XUV700 is set to be unveiled on August 14, 2021.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th August 2021 at 11:26.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 12:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700's Sony sound system previewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
It is claimed to offer a highly realistic 3D immersive spatial sound field inside the cabin. All stereo sources including radio, online streaming, USB or mobile phone can be enjoyed in 3D.
I never knew sound was 2D before this. Each new car launch makes me feel stupider thanks to their marketing lingo. Isn't this what regular folks call surround sound?

Last edited by Iyencar : 14th August 2021 at 12:47.
Iyencar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 00:22   #3
BHPian

Partnership with OEMs seems to be the only way to survive for these traditional car audio manufacturers.

Wondering if Sony still commands that premium quotient, unlike Bose and Harman systems available with competition which are also used in luxury vehicles
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This isn’t the nineties, how is Sony a premium audio brand? Marketing jingoism aside, we have some very very good audio systems to be had in the Kushaq, Seltos/Creta, Harrier/Safari and especially the Hector. Proof of the pudding will be in its eating, or hearing in this case. If it sounds anything like the Tata or MG sound systems, that will be a big achievement.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Wondering if Sony still commands that premium quotient, unlike Bose and Harman systems available with competition which are also used in luxury vehicles
Let us wait for reviews on how it sounds. That's the first and only real parameter that matters, isn't it?

Bose is the most hyped system currently in the market IMHO - with even some in-house audio systems being much more capable (eg: Skoda sound in the Kushaq). Harman systems are good though - both the JBL in TATA and the Infinity system in MG.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Not to forget - Sony's noise cancelling headphones are among the very best you could get. I think both companies have much at stake and if this JV succeeds, we will get SONY in MSIL & Hyundai cars with 3D
Old 7th August 2023, 07:15   #7

Surprise surprise .Folks ,Except for the AX7L models ,all other variants have Kenwood speakers. My Cotek confirmed this during first service when I asked him to fix the Audio as I was not satisfied and he called the Kenwood folks and not Sony ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks