Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Holistic infotainment system upgrade for my VW Polo

Hi Guys,

I am planning to spruce my car as I realized that its a keeper but lacks some very basic modern day features which I miss. So below is my wishlist.
  • Car - Polo 1.6 Highline with RCD 330 installed (original VW)
  • HU with Android Auto - preferably wireless (read about the Android 12 update, dont know if I should wait for the new compatibility aspect to play out). Primary need is Navigation, Music and calls. My car doesnt have steering mounted controls. Is there an elegant way of managing this OR replacing the steering the only option?
  • Dashcam - I feel this is absolutely mandatory in India. Want something elegantly concealed in the car.
  • Read Parking Camera - I have a camera installed which is unable to provide the feed due to some VW Software configuration. I would like a system which will solve this OR I can buy a new cam also. I can absolutely manage without this but it would be nice to not have to turn around during tight parkings or 3 point U turns. (The polo IRVM sucks)
  • USB with charging - wishing for a system which will be able to charge the phone without requiring the cigarette adapter in the car. Just trying to simplify the overall accessory ecosystem. I am aware of the Portronics adapter.

So need expert opinion on the below
  • Is there an integrated, elegant product which will meet all these criteria? What price will it be?
  • Is it a good idea to have individual products and their fitting done in aftermarket? I typically dont like tinkering with the Stock setup of my cars
  • How much can I expect for the RCD 330 in the used accessory market?
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 13:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Holistic infotainment system upgrade for my VW Polo

Ask and ye shall be answered

I had the same conundrum (well, except the wireless & dashcam bits) and I got the wonderful RCD340. Managed to put down few details, here (My Vento's super RCD340G headunit : Perspectives of an owner).
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks