Team-BHP - Palio install simply mindblowing!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Palio install simply mindblowing!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/24264-palio-install-simply-mindblowing.html)

I have nothing to say. I'll let the pictures do the talking, although they are not of the best quality:

Bus thats it! Enjoy.

Hmmm....good morning people...Nice to see good Steg install on the forum.....Nice install......must be sounding nice and tight......with carbon series on board also.........and the new and upcoming Ground Zero.....

I still can't believe how it felt like the dashboard was singing to me .. Most definitely the most awesome/loudest/crazy setup I've heard .. the very limited number of ICE demos I've had notwithstanding.

B&T can you throw more light on this install please. We need to know the details.

Nice install! Lookit the surround on that sub!:Shockked:

And is that an 8" Midbass up front?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 443858)
And is that an 8" Midbass up front?

Yes !

it was the most awsome sund of music i 've ever heard.clarity was amazing,loud and beautiful instal.
thanks to bass and trouble who gave us this awsome exprience.

Hmmm.... Today is a good day here in ICE section.

Wow! The install looks great. Would love to hear it atleast once.

Thanks for sharing with us bro!

Looks good...should sound good too....B&T can u please list out the ICE in detail...

Hey Pune Boyz!

Firstly I'm sorry you guys had to drive down just because the amp in moralfiber's car was not working. If it served as any consolation, I was only glad you guys could listen to some gear. The Palio is one of my favourite-est installs in terms of sound quality. I really hate the fact that I cannot use it night and day. It's good in a way, I would never get around to working. Apart from other Illusion/ Steg / GZ installs, the thing I really like about this one is the fact that it is perfect for ANY kind of music.

Here is a summary of the system:

The front stage uses a 2-way 8" midwoofer with the Illusion Audio low-Fs Dome Tweeter. We are going to change it to a 6.5" soon. The 8" fools people into believing that all the sub bass that appears to originate from the front is due to the large size of the mid bass driver. A 6.5" would perform just as well, if not better in some departments actually. The bass is so forward thanks to the qualities of the sub itself and the applied time alignment. Secondly, there has been a lot of playing around with the positioning of the front speakers. Although the tweeters have an angle mount arrangement where they can be aimed more towards the listening positions, but we got the best results with them firing perpendicular to the plane of the door. Since they are also a bit closer than the midwoofers, they are set to -2dB attenuation from the X-over.

Components and respective costs:

Head Unit - Pioneer P80RS Rs. 17500/- approx
Front Speakers - Illusion Audio Nd 8.1 Rs. 27750/-
Rear Speakers - Illusion Audio Nd 6.1 Rs. 25500/-
Amp (Speakers) - Steg K4.02 Rs. 80000/-
Amp (Sub) - Ground Zero GZNA1.2500D Rs. 65000/-
Subwoofer - Ground Zero GZNW12 Rs. 39990/-
Battery - Optima D34YT
Speaker Cables - Illusion Audio 16ga reference & Supra Classic1.6/ 2.5
Power Cables - Ground Zero GZPK20
Signal Cables - Sommer

This car had an Alipne 9855 earlier. The switch to the Pioneer has been pleasant. No complaints really. Gotta listen hard to tell differences.

The Steg amp is 115Wx4 @ 4ohms.The Ground Zero amp has a damping factor >2000 at 4ohms. Here, operating at 1 ohm, the damping factor is still > 500 with 1800 W rms at full throttle.

The bit that surprises me the most is the sub. The sub does come across as a mammoth, sluggish, inefficient SPL monster if you look at it.

But surprisingly, it sounds extremely clean and quick, with the ability to go insanely loud. I wonder what the higher end sub sounds like, the GZPW15, which has a power handling of 10kW (!!), and won the EISA award for the best mobile subwoofer product. Not that I doubt that it can do some SPL wonders, check here.. ::: Official Ground Zero Team Page::: News & Pics :Shockked: , but that it must have some exceptional SQ qualities also. We'll know soon for sure, and a poor LPG Wagon R is going to bear the brunt.

As soon as I find time to meter the bugger, I will post the SPL score of the GZNW12 in the Palio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
Hmmm.... Today is a good day here in ICE section.

Wow! The install looks great. Would love to hear it atleast once.

Thanks for sharing with us bro!

Anytime Zak. The Palio, unlike the Superb which everyone badly wanted to hear also, is almost always available for a listening. Let me know whenever you're back in town. And you need to thank MF & co. for posting the pics. I was plain lazy to do it honestly.

Great setup B&T. Kinda nice to be exposed to the real thing. LOL

Hmm here is some good SPL stuff discussed here.....looks like some new products are here......and only one sub making 177.3 db.....this is one solid sub.

Quote:

As soon as I find time to meter the bugger, I will post the SPL score of the GZNW12 in the Palio.
When, when when? And how much is the Optima D34YT for? I need to save money you know :D

Regards,
Your MF :).

Quote:

Firstly I'm sorry you guys had to drive down just because the amp in moralfiber's car was not working.
I did not drive down specially for the amp work. lol.

Nice setup Ajaybhai..

I have heard Illusion 8'' with some other amp and Alpine hu earlier in this palio, it was sounding superb but now you have added Steg and groundzero sub so it must sound great.

Hope to listen it once again. So when are you coming to Gujrat for demo ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Nice setup Ajaybhai..

I have heard Illusion 8'' with some other amp and Alpine hu earlier in this palio, it was sounding superb but now you have added Steg and groundzero sub so it must sound great.

Hmm, yes. I remember. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Hope to listen it once again. So when are you coming to Gujrat for demo ?

I am much like Ishan. There are certain pre-requisites the host has to meet for such things. :)