Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 16:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Audio after CNG?

Hi naturaldisaster.

So you own a Swift LXi and are getting a CNG kit installed.
There is no other way than to remove your existing boot equipment (sub/basstube) and I know it would be depressing.

I don't think you'd be willing to make it a 2-seater and add a subwoofer/basstube on the rear bench. So, you'll have to live without that extra bass, and I would suggest to get a good-quality 4-Ch Amp (in exchange for your Mono) and bridge it to the speakers. For rear speakers, I would advice NOT to install speakers on parcel tray. Reason? It will result in unnecessary rattles and vibrations. Better is if you get speakers installed on rear door pads by some professional.

If space is not there for your 4-Ch Amp in the boot (in case you have it in the boot), you can mount it under the driver/passenger seat.

PS. I don't think any space would be left in the boot after the CNG install. Right?

Good Luck.
Old 7th December 2013, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audio after CNG?

Amps can be placed anywhere that is no problem. I think if you already have two pairs of components front and back, then adding a pair of coaxials and any more speakers would be overkill. Try getting a special tray made to mount a shallow 8 inch sub at the back. The last option ofcourse is a driven under seat sub that both infinity and focal make (actually so do many others but havent had the chance to audition them) They are not too bad but can't replace a proper subwoofer
Old 9th December 2013, 14:36   #18
BHPian

Re: Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro

Thanks for the advice guys. CNG has been fitted and as expected, there is absolutely no space for a sub now. So have started research on 6x9s now. Will keep you all posted.

cheers
Anirban
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:09   #19
BHPian

Re: Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Hi naturaldisaster.

So you own a Swift LXi and are getting a CNG kit installed.
There is no other way than to remove your existing boot equipment (sub/basstube) and I know it would be depressing.

I don't think you'd be willing to make it a 2-seater and add a subwoofer/basstube on the rear bench. So, you'll have to live without that extra bass, and I would suggest to get a good-quality 4-Ch Amp (in exchange for your Mono) and bridge it to the speakers. For rear speakers, I would advice NOT to install speakers on parcel tray. Reason? It will result in unnecessary rattles and vibrations. Better is if you get speakers installed on rear door pads by some professional.

If space is not there for your 4-Ch Amp in the boot (in case you have it in the boot), you can mount it under the driver/passenger seat.

PS. I don't think any space would be left in the boot after the CNG install. Right?

Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. CNG has been fitted and as expected, there is absolutely no space for a sub now. So have started research on 6x9s now. Will keep you all posted.

cheers
Anirban

hey guys,
I have successfully installed a full size sub in a swift with CNG.
here are the pics, sorry for the bad quality pics, it was night when i got done with the project, ill upload some better ones tomorrow
I have made a thread as well: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3319773

do give me your feedback.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro-1.jpg  

Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro-2.jpg  

Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro-3.jpg  

Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro-4.jpg  

Having your cake and eating it too... ICE + CNG Santro-5.jpg  

Old 14th December 2013, 23:36   #20
BHPian

Looks nice... where is the amp? And can you post a few more pics?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks