Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 09:53   #1
BHPian

Audio upgrade for the 2nd-gen Tata Safari

Creating a new thread because I couldn't find this information anywhere. Mods, please merge if this isn't appropriate.

I have purchased a Safari XE - this is the barebones model (though has all the safety goodies) - doesn't even come with a basic music system and remote locking. The key is identical to my Manza which I bought 10 years ago

I want to get an Android HU, component in front doors, co-axials in rear doors, a 2.1 channel amp and remote locking. Problem is no one seems to have bought the XE variant and no accessories shop, not even at Tata dealer has any idea how to do it. One or two daring ones asked me to bring the car and figure out together how to do it - didn't inspire much confidence.

Has anyone installed ICE in Safari XE? Or knows any accessories guy who can do it? I am based in Noida but won't mind going to Delhi if needed. Also please suggest a good HU - which can run Outlook, Teams and Zoom.

Thanks

Nitin
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Audio upgrade for the 2nd-gen Tata Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I am based in Noida but won't mind going to Delhi if needed.
Found this from Youtube, though far away from Delhi, contact the WA number provided
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 12:45   #3
BHPian

Re: Audio upgrade for the 2nd-gen Tata Safari

Quote:
I want to get an Android HU, component in front doors, co-axials in rear doors, a 2.1 channel amp and remote locking. Problem is no one seems to have bought the XE variant and no accessories shop, not even at Tata dealer has any idea how to do it.
Thanks

Nitin
Hello Nitin,

Rant first:
Sorry for being spoil sport - but have you considered the warranty (and extended warranty- if you opted for) before you move outside for this electrical alteration in your car.

Now your problem: -
TSCs can do it for sure. It will be a shame if they say that they cannot do it & have no clue. I am not surprised though.

You can try this - you can get a stock HU from Higher variants from Safari installed from TSCs & then get it replaced outside.
Look for any other dealer & show them the Video that "Mr. Boss" has shared. That can act as a guide to them, and they can still do it with warranty in place. Just like they install Rear Cameras on new cars they sell.

If you are a DIY kind of guy - try opening the door covers & look for free wires hanging around - then in that case - It is sure that there is a provision for HU but was not provided due to Variant. I am not sure if Tata will design different wiring harnesses for all variant. I may be wrong though.
However - Naman from "Mr.Boss' " video does says XE has a provision for Single din. I assume wiring is in place - someone just needs to beat around the bushes to find lose wires. He does says "Anyone from your locality can fit in"

Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 13th October 2021 at 12:55.
Old 14th February 2022, 09:33   #4
BHPian

Re: Audio upgrade for the 2nd-gen Tata Safari

Quote:
Creating a new thread because I couldn't find this information anywhere. Mods, please merge if this isn't appropriate.

I have purchased a Safari XE - this is the barebones model (though has all the safety goodies) - doesn't even come with a basic music system and remote locking. The key is identical to my Manza which I bought 10 years ago

Nitin
Hi Nitin,
Were you able to install a HU on your Safari XE? Could you please share some pics and any other mods you did?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks