Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 20:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
That's great pmbabu. I am assuming that you are using the stock grills and they fit perfectly for both the fronts and rears?

Also, where did you fit the tweeter for the fronts?
Not at the rear since the stock grill is round shaped but the speakers are oval. And anyways we use a spacer to mount the rear speakers so there is no way we could use the stock grill. (I have them packed and at home now ;-))

The tweeters are fixed on the doors right where the doors meet the A/C vents. They sound good from that location and look cool too.
Old 26th August 2007, 21:41   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi.

Sorry it's been a lazy Sunday. It's not that the Kappa's aren't available. They are, but sparsely.

You should be able to get them with some premium dealers. Meanwhile, the new reference are rocking it. I find them to be unbelievable VFM, considering the sound. I guess that's why they are available everywhere.
Old 26th August 2007, 21:43   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I could see a lot of references to CDT speakers. I must confess I have not heard of them. Everyone unanimously agrees that those are better to the Kappas. Has anyone heard those and can give impressions?
I have not heard too many CDT speakers (just once in passing) and I can tell you that they are a good brand of speakers, well-respected.
They aren't sold in India though, I think you'll have to import them.
Old 27th August 2007, 01:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On a totally unrelated note, whatever installs that I saw today were surprising. I guess the trend these days is to go for Dhin Chak sound. But dont people get headaches with that kind of highs continuously ? Or at 25, I am aging prematurely.
I have never understood why people like the Din-Chak Sound. I get headaches (seriously) if I am exposed to such sound. Maybe the Gurus will enlighen us on this.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm no guru or audiophile but I do have something to say.

People have tastes. Varied tastes. What food may seem bland to one, is intricate, detailed, subtle and tasteful to many. Take the examples of fine French cooking.
What may seem smelly and distasteful to some is fine food to many. Take the example of good Malak, Chinese and Japanese cooking.
What may seem inedible, unhealthy, oily and too spicy to many will seem like fine Indian cooking to some.

Audio is a taste too. What may seem dull and boring to many is sweet music to some.

I do know the meaning of true hi-fi. And I do understand that we need to get as close as possible to the source of the music. I know that what seems normal to me may seem bright to navin and he may even tone down the treble to a point where it will sound muffled to someone. Me, I do not enjoy excessive treble but i like my sound to be marginally forward.

It's a question of taste. If you like clubbing and like house music, hindi music - it does not make you any better or worse than someone who prefers opera and beethoven. If you visit a nightclub, it has an electrified energy. The music is loud and boom boom boom chik chik chik.
They're not aiming at being audiophiles in a club, they're aiming on having fun.

The same reason why a Ferrari will excite someone. Do you really need that loud exhaust note and flamboyant power? Wouldn't you be better off in a Bentley?
So which is a better car then? Ferrari or Bentley? I know that they have cars in similar price segments. Who can answer this question?

I respect people that enjoy their dose of boom chik. If that's the dose that they want, to brighten up a dull day and to electrify their senses on their way to work - more power to them.

Be a hero (if that's your thing), be flamboyant (If that's your thing too) but enjoy life. Better to do what you enjoy and listen to the music, rather than pretend to be a pseudo-audiophile. Do not be ashamed of listening to Prodigy, Scooter, Bob Sinclair, Skazi and Himmesh Reshammiya.

I knew a friend that used to love Ozzy. And he started listening to Kenny Bloody Rogers because that sounded better on his pseudiophile speakers. Talk about changing the horse to fit the horseshoe. Remember it's all about the music. Not about these silly speakers, woofer tweeter and stupid electronics. It's the music that will make you happy, bring a smile on your face and make your life worth living. Not the 12" woofer.

Hey I coined a new word. PSEUDIOPHILE!!!! Not to be confused with audiophile or paedophile. And no offense meant to anyone

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 27th August 2007 at 11:55.
Old 27th August 2007, 12:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I knew a friend that used to love Ozzy. And he started listening to Kenny Bloody Rogers because that sounded better on his pseudiophile speakers. Talk about changing the horse to fit the horseshoe. Remember it's all about the music. Not about these silly speakers, woofer tweeter and stupid electronics. It's the music that will make you happy, bring a smile on your face and make your life worth living. Not the 12" woofer.
Sam - you saying that you are no Guru or Audiophile would be an understatement !!

BTW excellent explanation of music Sam. I like the statement you made that Music should bring a smile on your face & not the dhoom woofer in the boot. !! Cheers !!
Old 27th August 2007, 12:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Modesty. At its best.

It was a very well-thought and written post. Two thumbs up! (As usual, should I add )

I know this is OT, but I will put my inputs very quickly.

I am a total music buff but me no guru, me no audiophile. (This has started to sound like a disclaimer now)

Generally, I prefer listening to Classic Rock and Jazz (Many forms of Jazz)
(for example: Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Chuck Berry, CCR, Dave Matthews band, Dire Straits, Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, Louis Armstrong, Mark Knopfler, Neil Diamond, Norah Jones, Pink Floyd, Santana, Steely Dan, Syd Barrett, U2, The Velvet Underground, The Guess Who, The Who and others)

However, I do enjoy other genres like House and techno. The same ICE in my car that manages to make all the Classic Rock/Jazz sound awesome makes the commercial tracks sound brilliant (Even though Himesh Reshammiya/Hindi is something I can't listen to).

When I am bored silly and I am driving alone in the night, I would love to play some fast tracks to keep me awake. Call it dhik-chik, call it names, doesn't matter to me. In fact, many people find it weird that so many Smooth/Latin Jazz CDs are placed with the Ministry Of sound CDs in my car and they can't believe that it is the same person's. But well, that is me. That is my taste, just like everyone's, it is unique

I can't listen to heavy/death metal and that gives me a headache, even when played at very low volumes. But, I also know at least a dozen of my friends who love that music and I respect it. I think it boiles down to individual tastes and respecting them.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 27th August 2007 at 12:52.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

See....SAM's given a perfect explanation as to why I listen chamkila on my JBLs.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Be a hero (if that's your thing), be flamboyant (If that's your thing too) but enjoy life. Better to do what you enjoy and listen to the music, rather than pretend to be a pseudo-audiophile. Do not be ashamed of listening to Prodigy, Scooter, Bob Sinclair, Skazi and Himmesh Reshammiya.

Hey I coined a new word. PSEUDIOPHILE!!!! Not to be confused with audiophile or paedophile. And no offense meant to anyone
Wow. Nicely put. Sam sir, you are really a GURU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks