Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 12:53   #1
BHPian

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU

Few headsup before I proceed with my post

1. I am seeking for help/information behalf of my brother for his Honda city head unit. I have documented the required details as given by my brother.

2. Note to Moderators: Please move this post to appropriate thread if exist already. I tried searching the forum and could find few City related threads but don't want to pollute that forum with my specific request.

Dear TeamBhpians,

Here are the details as below,
I own a Honda city 2016 E model. It wasn't coming with an ICE. The vehicle was purchased from olympia honda in 2016 November with AUTOCOP and SONY ICE installed by the dealer themselves.
The SONY ICE is not a perfect fit to the dashboard and hence causing rattling noise when the car goes over rumblers and potholes.

The idea to solve this is to get an Original Honda city audio which was used in the top end model of the same year which was brought from a known.

Model details of the Honda city ICE is as below
Model 39100-T9C-U610-M1
Serial 15510113

I tried installing the above through honda dealership - Capital Honda meenambakkam, chennai, but was told by them that they wont do it. A local FNG said it needs the necessary couplers of the above model and my car had a different coupler because of which the correct coupler need to be bought for the same to be replaced in the car foe the ICE to be installed.
Tried checking with honda dealership if the coupler can be bought separately. They were not even interested to get an associate to check and confirm and said directly that its not possible. This dealer was Dakshin honda in singasandra bengaluru.

Whats the way forward? I want to install the original honda top end ICE instead of after market ICE.
Any help on this is much appreciated and thanks to the forum in taking time for helping me.
The images are as below
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.39.06.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.49.01.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.49.11.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.49.25.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.37.58.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.37.59.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.38.04.jpeg  

Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU-whatsapp-image-20211113-20.49.11.jpeg  

Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 22:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda City: Want to install OEM head-unit & remove the after-market HU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
The SONY ICE is not a perfect fit to the dashboard and hence causing rattling noise when the car goes over rumblers and potholes.

The idea to solve this is to get an Original Honda city audio which was used in the top end model of the same year which was brought from a known.
If rattling is the only issue why not address the same with a competent Audio installer than changing the entire HU? Couple of my friends installed after market HU in City and Jazz without any such issues.

PS: We tried installing mid variant HU in Top end Jazz and apparently failed. BT and reverse camera function were not working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
A local FNG said it needs the necessary couplers of the above model and my car had a different coupler because of which the correct coupler need to be bought for the same to be replaced in the car foe the ICE to be installed.
Tried checking with honda dealership if the coupler can be bought separately. They were not even interested to get an associate to check and confirm and said directly that its not possible.

Whats the way forward? I want to install the original honda top end ICE instead of after market ICE.
If you are speaking about the connector / socket in the wiring harness, they are correct. That cannot be bought separately neither sold as an order level part. Entire cabin harness (or atleast a part of it) to be changed.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 04:00   #3
BHPian

Hey, try getting in touch with Electro Mind. This shop is located in double road, Bangalore. He does OEM HU installations and the shop owner Mr. Venkatesh is quite knowledgeable with Audio installs. He will definitely have the couplers you're looking for.

Almost a dozen of us have got Reverse cameras in our sync 3 Variant EcoSports for a very reasonable cost and good quality from this shop.

Shop Location:Electro Mind
098860 50917
https://maps.app.goo.gl/2wJ7F9o2NYPWnLrC8
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Shop Location:Electro Mind
098860 50917
https://maps.app.goo.gl/2wJ7F9o2NYPWnLrC8
Thank you so much for this Google map link, I stay close to this place yet do not know anything about it.
Thanks to team BHP, I will try to go here to get my aux Port fixed on the Honda Brio head unit

What are his charge?
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks