Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2021, 10:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Android Auto Update to Bring Smart Replies Feature, Digital Car Key, Always-On Music Button, More

Name:  Android.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  15.9 KB

Android Auto will soon be getting a bunch of new features in a future update. Post the update, users will get an option to send quick replies to messages using the touchscreen in their vehicles. Android Auto users earlier only had the option to reply to messages using their voice. In addition, Google also announced that Android Auto can now be set to launch automatically and users can lock, unlock, and even switch on their compatible BMW cars using their Android smartphones. The changes were announced on Wednesday alongside other new features for the Android platform as a whole.

Read
Old 5th December 2021, 12:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Android Auto Update to Bring Smart Replies Feature, Digital Car Key, Always-On Music Button, Mor

Over the past weeks I've seen android auto get frequent updates. Yesterday while digging through the options I managed to find a option they recently added where we can specify the Drivers seat Location if Left or Right.

Android Auto Update to Bring Smart Replies Feature, Digital Car Key, Always-On Music Button, More-screenshot_20211205121157.jpg

You wouldn't be needing this if your HU came from the factory as it will know if the car is LHD or RHD and will reflect on android auto. I have a Aftermarket HU ( Blaupunkt new york 750) and by default the Android auto Home button was the on the left side meaning HU thinks the car is a LHD. After changing the setting on my phone yesterday to right side in the new option added , the change immediately reflected on the HU when reconnected.

Android Auto Update to Bring Smart Replies Feature, Digital Car Key, Always-On Music Button, More-screenshot_20211205121202.jpg

I personally was searching for this option for a long time. Glad they added this.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks