Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2007, 12:42   #1

ALTO ICE - TROUBLE - Please HELP

Hi All,

I planned out a phased ICE installation in my ALTO, the plan was as follows

Phase1 :
Front Speakers: Hertz ESK165 (6" 2-way component speakers).
HU: Pioneer 6950 with ipod docked

Phase2 :
Amp: JBL CS
REAR SPEAKERS: Hertz ESK165(5")

Phase 3 :
Sub(If Required)

Now the phased approach was naturally coz of budget constraints,

It turns out that it is sought of painful to install the 6" speakers in the front so i settled for the Hertz ESK165 (4" 2-way component speakers) and the Pioneer 6950 HU

But this combo has resulted in a disaster, the 4" speakers standalone are no good and looks like have to straight away jump to the phase2 or have to make some changes to phase2 immediately.

Have already spend some 4.5K(Speakers) + 8.5K(HU + IPOD Cable) = 13K and at this point the system sounds just awefull

Guys, I need advice on any immediate remedies to solve the problem, remaining budget at this point is around 10K.

I want to avoid a sub, coz i am presuming that alto would not be able to handle the boom-boom.

Please HELP !
Old 9th June 2007, 16:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The alto can handle the boom boom and more. It's more a question of what your ears and your wallet can handle.

I think what you are missing is the bass. 4" speakers cannot give you the fullness you need. Since you neither have the inclination, nor the desire to go for subwoofers, why don't you consider a 6X9?

Effective it would be like mounting an 8" woofer in the rear. It might give you the bass roundedness you are missing.

I suggest, you go in for a pair in an enclosure and connect it to your 6950. This will automatically make you feel better about your sound.

Later when you're ready, buy an amplifier.
Old 9th June 2007, 17:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

As Samji says. Get 6x9 for rear in enclosure. That will sound sweet. JBL 937 tried and tested product for 4K.

BTW are the 4" in dash ??? or you have mounted them on the front doors. If on doors please post pics.

The biggest problem in Alto is front speakers.
Old 9th June 2007, 17:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

u can mount the 6 x 9 on the Alto'sRear dikki,4" in on the dash and tweeters and a good HU will gve you good sound in car,one of my cousin has this with blaupunkt Bahamas,with front 4" kenwood and rear Blaupunkt 6 x 9 coxials,i'll try to get pics if i meet him.

Ramie
Old 9th June 2007, 17:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
As Samji says. Get 6x9 for rear in enclosure. That will sound sweet. JBL 937 tried and tested product for 4K.
I guess that will be the right choice. Since they would be taking the full range. one question abhibh..by enclosure you mean small box on the mdf tray
Old 9th June 2007, 17:31   #6

samji, thanks for the suggestion, attaching 6X9 was an option I was actively considering, Now with your stamp, I guess I'll execute it.
Abhibh, the 4" are in the the dash, tried really hard to fir in 6" in the front doors, but its very messy.

Just wanted an estimate how much

JBL-CS-Series-4Way amp + JBL 937's(Rear) + Wiring

Wud cost. And will the above combo with my Hertz ESK165 (4" 2-way component speakers in dash) be a good combination
Old 9th June 2007, 17:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2gaurav View Post
Phase1 :
Front Speakers: Hertz ESK165 (6" 2-way component speakers).
REAR SPEAKERS: Hertz ESK165(5")

It turns out that it is sought of painful to install the 6" speakers in the front so i settled for the Hertz ESK165 (4" 2-way component speakers) and the Pioneer 6950 HU
Gaurav, there seems to be some confusion here. You have mentioned ESK165 as 4", 5" and 6" components.

Just so it is clear, ESK denotes Energy Series Kit and 165 denotes the size of the midbass which if 6.5" is 165mm. Hence ESK165, are Energy series 6.5" Components that retail for Rs 9100.00

They are not 4" components and HERTZ doesn't have any 4" components in their range.

Can you please confirm what exactly you have installed in your car.
Old 9th June 2007, 18:04   #8
BHPian

IMO the speakers installed on the rear hatch produce much more punchy bass than boxes. I have tried both and I can see a very clear difference. Install it on the rear hatch door. But as always, listen to a few setups and then decide!
Old 9th June 2007, 18:11   #9

ya gunbir ur correct, my mistake, they are not ES165, they are ES100 the 4" 2 Way co-axial, Thanks for pointing out
Old 9th June 2007, 18:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I guess that will be the right choice. Since they would be taking the full range. one question abhibh..by enclosure you mean small box on the mdf tray
The small boxes which cost like 300 - 400 Rs each one on left side and one on right side lol.

Quote:
IMO the speakers installed on the rear hatch produce much more punchy bass than boxes. I have tried both and I can see a very clear difference. Install it on the rear hatch door. But as always, listen to a few setups and then decide!
Never saw them installed any pics
Old 9th June 2007, 23:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2gaurav View Post
Just wanted an estimate how much

JBL-CS-Series-4Way amp + JBL 937's(Rear) + Wiring

Wud cost. And will the above combo with my Hertz ESK165 (4" 2-way component speakers in dash) be a good combination
Gaurav,

First of all just get Jbl 6x9 Co-axials installed in Dickey or in separate enclosure. than enjoy the sound till you spare 12k than get a subwoofer and amp twogether. dont worry about the combination.
Old 10th June 2007, 07:13   #12

well, with everyone's advice, I will be installing the 6" JBL 937's,
But still confused about the exact location/way :

Options suggested :

(A) pair in an enclosure and connect it to Pio-6950. This will automatically make you feel better about your sound.

(B) Mount the 6 x 9 on the Alto's Rear dikki

(C) The speakers installed on the rear hatch produce much more punchy bass than boxes. Install it on the rear hatch door

Should I test and try all these, or do we have a consensus/majority on any one option .
Old 10th June 2007, 08:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

the best option here is a pair of 6x9 in the boot it can in three install location...

1) rear parcel tray
2) enclosure
3) dick lid facing the rear seat

this will add some low end in your car sound and will make it sound much better
Old 10th June 2007, 11:21   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
1) rear parcel tray
2) enclosure
LBM you'd better get some sleep. Really. A letter missing here and there, changes everything.
Old 10th June 2007, 11:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
1) rear parcel tray
2) enclosure
agree with sam, lbm take some sleep buddy.

i would prefer option 2 and 3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks