Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sam Bhai and Navin Ji. I think he will not be running ICE directly from the power supply. I think he will be running it in the car and will be add it there. If there will be a battery in the car he would not be needing a 50 amps power supply as the music is not continuous sine wave consuming 100 power. I think adding a 10 amps power supply in parallel to the battery will do a fine JOB.
Old 13th August 2007, 18:04   #17
vidvai

^^
Would that be cheaper? I mean, significantly cheaper?

Old 13th August 2007, 20:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sam Bhai and Navin Ji. I think he will not be running ICE directly from the power supply. I think he will be running it in the car and will be add it there. If there will be a battery in the car he would not be needing a 50 amps power supply as the music is not continuous sine wave consuming 100 power. I think adding a 10 amps power supply in parallel to the battery will do a fine JOB.
I fully understand this LBM. But when the drain is greater than the charge, for how long will the battery last?

Agreed with a 10A supply, the battery will last significantly longer. But surely his drain will be more than 20A?
He wants to have a party, without starting his car. The party will not last more than a couple of hours.

The ONLY way for him to run it indefinitely is to connect a power supply that is greater than his drain. Remember the battery does not generate current, so it can only deplete.

The only time the battery will charge, is when his drain is lower than the charge.
Old 14th August 2007, 00:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I fully understand this LBM. But when the drain is greater than the charge, for how long will the battery last?

Agreed with a 10A supply, the battery will last significantly longer. But surely his drain will be more than 20A?
He wants to have a party, without starting his car. The party will not last more than a couple of hours.

The ONLY way for him to run it indefinitely is to connect a power supply that is greater than his drain. Remember the battery does not generate current, so it can only deplete.

The only time the battery will charge, is when his drain is lower than the charge.
I agree with Sam Bhai here fully 100 %

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks