Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 12:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliable ICE Dealer/Installer in Pune

on SUS road i can definitely suggest you CAR-CUPID. very genuine guys and good installers. rates are quite reasonable too.
poona motors and bafna are on costlier side.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
Hi @karmicanomaly, what happened? Did Plaza do a complete mess-up or something? If so, you could try going to Poona Motors - probably if you ask very nicely (pretty please ), they will only charge labor.

If not, perhaps you could live with it till it is time to change something in the system (there is always that possibility !).
I don't think he totally messed up but I'm sure he overcharged and did just an ok job. My Illusion components he claims have a xover problem and so my groundzero amp is now doing duty on my Infiniti 6x9s and my soundzero sub, which means the sound stage has moved to the back. Further, he laid on thick about using Bass Fx wiring (charging me close to 1.5k for it) and I'm not sure about price versus value of the product.

Is it possible to verify and maybe later repair the x-overs? If not, what do you recommend as a component with a sound signature similar to the Electra 6.1 so that I may begin saving up for it. I don't mind spending upto 10k for it.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Think simple: quite likely it was wired wrongly. No need to replace the components. If there was a serious problem, wouldn't the problem have occurred when wired to the HU???

Has he wired the Illusion components to the amp? If so, the cables would be lying disconnected now. You could try it yourself: at the XO, disconnect the wire coming from the HU and connect the one coming from the amp. Also, at the amp, disconnect the rears (6x9) and connect the wires of the front components. You also would need to check if the RCA cable is connected to the front or the rear channel at the HU (push the fader full front or full rear to find that out). If connected to the rear, I think you should go to a good installer and get the whole thing reconnected (not rewired) properly - the HU needs to be taken out to access the RCA cables.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:55   #19

Yup, I think I'll do that. What's the word on that wiring? Is it any good? Another thing that cheesed me off, was the fact that Plaza said I don't need damping in and around my components on account of the fact that the Ford Fiesta with it's sheet metal density doesn't need damping. If anything smelt like a cop-out, that was it.

Can someone who's a bit knowledgeable in these matters and wh
Old 1st February 2012, 10:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

The wiring could be better, but it isn't a write-off. The most suspect are the RCA cables - bad quality ones 'leak' noise, but that is not the case with your installation.

You do need damping, and it is not about sheet metal density (which, BTW, is the same in all cars ). If he didn't do it, get it done somewhere else.
Old 3rd April 2017, 18:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Reigniting an old thread.

With so many ICE and accessory installers in and around Nashik Phata, Kasarwadi belt, do we have any good ICE installers there. I am looking for someone with whom TeamBHP members have personally interacted and the outcome was satisfactory.

It's time that I ultimately install my JBL GTO 949 into my Kwid and for that I am looking for genuine leads, preferably in this location as I am a novice in driving.

God, I remember to have purchased the set from the showroom at East Street long long ago, and ultimately I have a car to fix it and enjoy the acoustics. It's been a wait of years and thus I am waiting eagerly, yet patiently.

Please help me.
Old 5th April 2017, 12:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Reigniting an old thread.

With so many ICE and accessory installers in and around Nashik Phata, Kasarwadi belt, do we have any good ICE installers there. I am looking for someone with whom TeamBHP members have personally interacted and the outcome was satisfactory.

It's time that I ultimately install my JBL GTO 949 into my Kwid and for that I am looking for genuine leads, preferably in this location as I am a novice in driving.

God, I remember to have purchased the set from the showroom at East Street long long ago, and ultimately I have a car to fix it and enjoy the acoustics. It's been a wait of years and thus I am waiting eagerly, yet patiently.

Please help me.
Hi Majumdarda

I have always used Poona Motors in Camp. My Mercedes and Honda have both gone to them. They may not be the cheapest (I have not shopped around), but they know what they are doing when they take a car apart to fit an accessory.

From your post I cannot make out if you have already bought the speakers and are just looking for an installer. Also not sure if Poona would fit accessories not bought from them. Give them a call before making the trip.
Details as follows:

Poona Motors
Behind Corporation Bank, 2404, East Street, Camp, Pune, 411001,
9370313451 / 9970681057

http://www.poonamotors.co.in/
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Po...6!4d73.8790464
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 13:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post

Poona Motors
Behind Corporation Bank, 2404, East Street, Camp, Pune, 411001,
9370313451 / 9970681057
Thank you Raja. I have the speakers with me since 2014. The car became a reality in 2017. So as I was getting impatient to hear them, went yesterday and got them fitted from MotorWorld at Rasta Peth area.

There are more things to be done and definitely I will keep a watch on Poona Motors too. Thank you very much sir

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks