Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 16:04   #1

attach a usb

hi guys i have booked honda civic 1.8v and that would be coming probably next week. Although i am satisfied with its features, the only thing that is tickling me is that audio system as the dealer told me cannot be replaced to my personal choice. i am owning a zen currently and have custom audio system installed in it which gives me option to use usb stick. do i have any options to get something like that in civic by tweaking something or some gadget enabling me to use usb in it.
and is it really true that audio system can not be changed. even getting dvd insted of a cd changer.
Old 12th June 2007, 17:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

congrats on your new car!

it is not going to be trivial because the cd player is integrated into the fascia. you will have to buy a fascia adaptor for your car model to retain the original look of the dashboard. you may have to import one!

best option is to manage with the AUX-IN feature :-(
Old 12th June 2007, 17:49   #3
BHPian

Usb Attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
congrats on your new car!

it is not going to be trivial because the cd player is integrated into the fascia. you will have to buy a fascia adaptor for your car model to retain the original look of the dashboard. you may have to import one!

best option is to manage with the AUX-IN feature :-(
i agree with you sir , or only pio 7950 leaves you with a good and in budget option..BUT will look odd
Old 12th June 2007, 22:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

the civic HU I'm told does have an Aux in but you still need to convert USB to EP/RCA.
Old 12th June 2007, 22:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the civic HU I'm told does have an Aux in but you still need to convert USB to EP/RCA.
Yup the civic as of last week comes with aux-in. you cant connect USB but if you have any usb mp3 player you just need to connect that to it using an EP cable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks