Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Music System for Indica XETA

I am getting an Indica Xeta GLS with Nippon and Power Windows.I will also be buying a music system.My last one was a blaupunkt mp 26 with Sony XPLOD Back/Dickey speakers.

Ok, now I want to ask , in a budget of Rs.8000 I want to have a amplifier.Which is better than/ eaqual to the quallity of MP26.Should I settle for XPLOD,BLAUPUNKT OR KENWOOD.

As for speakers, my dealer told that the back speakers( behind rear seats) give better out put but others are saying that if I get a full set of Blaupunkt ( incuding front and rear door speakers) i will get much much much better effect.

The amplifier you people suggest must be really good and within 8000.Also does any modle from sony explod ( within 8000) support the pen drive feature/ sony ericsson walkman phones??

Pls help me decide the right one.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:35   #2
BHPian

Leave sony and go for a pioneer. And within 8k JBL cs series has a 4 channel Amp. I would suggest you to first go through the ICE section of the forum to get a better idea
Old 13th June 2007, 12:44   #3
Team-BHP Support

Since you have an indica you have the option of putting 4 speakers in front.
do not forgo that option.
You are very lucky, most cars do not have this options.
So if you give your total budget for speakers + Amp guru's will be able to guide you.
Old 13th June 2007, 19:11   #4
BHPian

My total budget for speaker+amp is Rs 14000
Old 13th June 2007, 21:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Since you have an indica you have the option of putting 4 speakers in front.
do not forgo that option.
You are very lucky, most cars do not have this options.
So if you give your total budget for speakers + Amp guru's will be able to guide you.
4 speakers in the front does not make sense at all, its not being lucky its stupidity until and unless its a 3-way component system. With midbass in door and midrange in the stock location of dash with tweeters mounted on the dash.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
...in a budget of Rs.8000 I want to have a amplifier....As for speakers, my dealer told that the back speakers( behind rear seats) give better out put ... The amplifier you people suggest must be really good and within 8000.
JB, the guy is looking for a amp in the range of Rs. 8000. Why would he consider a 3 way component that cost Rs. 20,000+?

Neel,

a) the rear speakers (especially if you can install a pair of 6x9 in a MDF deck) will give you adequate bass. Front speakers have limitations because of the door volume and tight installation.

b) If you got 4 speakers just get a decent 4 ch. amp like the Pio 6200. It will cost you 7K and then you need 2K for good RCA wire (avoid BOSS and get MX or Audison instead).

c) If you want to get crazy and do a cheap 3 way in the front you can get by using a pair of 4" coax in the dash and a 6" midbass in the door but then you'll need a 4 ch. amp just for the front (and you can use the HU to power the rear).
Old 14th June 2007, 00:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Like navin has said, get a pioneer 4 ch amp for 6-7k & invest on quality speakers with the rest of the money. I would seriously suggest component speakers for the front (2 way will do just as good, if not better than 4 speakers upfront) & a pair of ovals for the rear. Aviod sony & pioneer if you can & get JBL, Boston or blaupunkt. If you want to compromise on the amp, get a Sony 554 amp for under 5k, which IMO is as good as the pio.
cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 00:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
JB, the guy is looking for a amp in the range of Rs. 8000. Why would he consider a 3 way component that cost Rs. 20,000+?
I am not telling him to buy 3-Way. I am suggesting him the right way and option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

If you want to get crazy and do a cheap 3 way in the front you can get by using a pair of 4" coax in the dash and a 6" midbass in the door but then you'll need a 4 ch. amp just for the front (and you can use the HU to power the rear).
He needs the amplifier with bandpass filter on pair of channels for midbass which are totally non existant on cheap amplifiers. Until and unless he wants to run the midbass with just LP.

Ideally there should be a 2-Way component and sub powered by 4 ch amplifier.

Last edited by Autophile : 14th June 2007 at 00:33.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:34   #9
BHPian

Uff!

I dont want any speakers in the rear. I just want a pair for rear doors, a pair for front doors and a pair on the console( near the windshield demisifier.).The reason I dont want the rear oval ones because I drive the car myself.I have already bought MP26(Blaupunkt).Just suggest speakers.Can you people tell that will the full set of of blaupunk speakers be gud.,y dealer is giving discount on them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks