Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 18:32   #31
BHPian

Re: AAWireless - Indiegogo project for wireless Android Auto dongle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I will be shortly going on a business trip to Bangkok, Thailand (yes you read it right, its a business trip for sure). Is there any possibility I can get this unit from there? Will be needing it for my Tata Harrier which doesnt have wireless AA. Any particular electronics shopping place in Bangkok?
It was solely crowd-funded product, sold online from indiegogo.com. Now they are selling from their own website aawireless.io. Though their manufacturing is in China/Hong Kong; as far as I know, officially it's not sold offline.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 10:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
It was solely crowd-funded product, sold online from indiegogo.com. Now they are selling from their own website aawireless.io. Though their manufacturing is in China/Hong Kong; as far as I know, officially it's not sold offline.
Oh OK. Thanks. Any idea from where does the shipping happen? Is it from the US? if so then can ask a colleague who is travelling to Bangkok from US to bring it along.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Oh OK. Thanks. Any idea from where does the shipping happen? Is it from the US? if so then can ask a colleague who is travelling to Bangkok from US to bring it along.
For India, it used to ship from Hong Kong. When they were in indiegogo; they had multiple distribution center - US, UK, Germany(or some EU country), Hong Kong, S Korea etc.

Now I checked, they seem to ship from Germany and shipping charge is only USD 7 for India.

If you are worried about shipping, they do excellent job and nothing to worry as such. They shipped duty paid, so what you pay on the site is final. You can drop a mail to them checking if it's still the same. Considering the duty paid part, the shipping cost also very reasonable. Also what I read, their customer support is also helpful for those scenario's if package gets lost or return required.
Old 13th September 2022, 14:14   #34
BHPian

I am not able to find India in the Country/Region on shop.aawireless.io/checkout. By any chance have they stopped shipping to India?
Also on Amazon.com, I found that they don't deliver AA Wireless or any other Wireless adapter to India.
Old 13th September 2022, 16:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
I am not able to find India in the Country/Region on shop.aawireless.io/checkout. By any chance have they stopped shipping to India?
Also on Amazon.com, I found that they don't deliver AA Wireless or any other Wireless adapter to India.
Looks like they removed India from list. Not sure why. Could you drop them a note from this page https://www.aawireless.io/support (and "Can't find your answer?" section for the form to submit).

For everyone's benefit, please update here what they respond.
Old 15th September 2022, 20:27   #36
BHPian

My friend was trying and noticed India is removed from shipping list, though Nepal and Pakistan are listed :-((
Old 18th September 2022, 01:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like they removed India from list. Not sure why. Could you drop them a note from this page https://www.aawireless.io/support (and "Can't find your answer?" section for the form to submit).

For everyone's benefit, please update here what they respond.
I ordered Carsifi wireless adaptor from their website. It's on the way!
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:20   #38
BHPian

Got a feedback from the Technical Support team of AAWireless "We do not ship to India via our web shop anymore, unfortunately. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!"
Old 18th October 2022, 13:49   #39
BHPian

So AAWireless.io is now stopped taking orders on their site all together, it redirects to Amazon.com. Only option for Indians to get this is to use some forwarding service from US/EU/UK. Not good option anymore.

Was looking something for my friend, and found Carlikit 4.0 (Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter) is a good option for someone wants it in India as looks like they ship it here. Supports both CarPlay and android auto. However, AFAIK, it uses CarPlay protocol to communicate with head unit for both the features (not that it matters to end user, unless car's head unit does not have CarPlay support).

Found a native (I guess) Android Auto supported dongle by the same company https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...d-android-auto . Costs just USD10 less, not much savings as such. This can also be used, if someone is sure always be on Android.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 18th October 2022 at 13:55.
Old 21st February 2023, 14:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So AAWireless.io is now stopped taking orders on their site all together, it redirects to Amazon.com. Only option for Indians to get this is to use some forwarding service from US/EU/UK. Not good option anymore.
I have been facing frequent disconnects on AaWireless on my Creta SXO recently. It was fine until I upgraded to the recent firmware on AAwireless and android 12 on my Oneplus 7T. I am suspecting that it has got to do with android 12 as the wireless android auto UI also changed after the move to android 12.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have been facing frequent disconnects on AaWireless on my Creta SXO recently. It was fine until I upgraded to the recent firmware on AAwireless and android 12 on my Oneplus 7T. I am suspecting that it has got to do with android 12 as the wireless android auto UI also changed after the move to android 12.
My experience is quite smooth with Seltos GTX+. And I lend my AAwireless to my friend who used it (in fact he is using it now too as I am out of station) without issue in his Creta SXO.
I use it with Samsung S21 - Android 13, AA 8.8.x, AAwireless app 3.12, AAwireless firmwire 2.10.0. ( for my friend it is Pixel 7 pro, rest are same). So you can try clearing cache and data of AAwireless app, reconnect to the device once again.

Only issue I find is the cable I use to connect. I use a nylon braided 6 inch cable which supports 5gbps data transfer. Still it gets disconnected with a simple movement of the device. So check the cable too.
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Only issue I find is the cable I use to connect. I use a nylon braided 6 inch cable which supports 5gbps data transfer. Still it gets disconnected with a simple movement of the device. So check the cable too.
I am using the short cable that came with the device. As it was working flawlessly until recently I do not suspect the cable. Will try with another cable too. Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 19:11   #43
BHPian

I recently got AAwireless for my Nexon EV.

Use case -
1. As it is top model which has wireless charging, i was not able to use it. That is because the phone was connected to android auto via the wire
2. There was an unwanted wire around the seats.

Ordering -
Bought it from amazon us - link. I got it delivered to my cousin and he brought it along.

Setup -

Connecting to the car and phone were seamless simple steps.

Phone - Oneplus 8 pro

1. Just plugged the device into the usb port using the cable provided.
2. Connected to the device via bluetooth.
3. The device automatically switched on the wifi of phone and connected it to Android auto.
4. Now everytime i get into the car, it connects automatically. I just need to have the phone bluetooth on.

Experience -
Loving the experience, it is seamless no additional setting changes were required. Now I can efficiently use my wireless charging pad as well.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:20   #44
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki recently upgraded wired AA to wireless AA on 2022 facelift XL6, so no more need this device. Thanks Maruti :-)
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 22:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
Maruti Suzuki recently upgraded wired AA to wireless AA on 2022 facelift XL6, so no more need this device. Thanks Maruti :-)
That's awesome. I wasn't aware that this was possible without hardware changes. I wish more manufacturers would do this..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks