Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 15:22   #16
BHPian

Re: AAWireless - Indiegogo project for wireless Android Auto dongle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I wrote to AAWireless. They responded by saying they will talk to the courier company. After I got their response, I wrote to the courier company for a refund. They asked for my UPI id and I got my money back. Everything over emails, except one call from the courier company.
Good to hear that. My case was over a year ago so I think it is too late for me to retry.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 17:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

No offense, but connecting a USB wire looks to be a more hassle free option frankly instead of this via-media . So it's either built-in wireless or wireline for me.
Old 1st May 2022, 22:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
No offense, but connecting a USB wire looks to be a more hassle free option frankly instead of this via-media . So it's either built-in wireless or wireline for me.
I had a bad experience recently where the wired option stopped working in my rental car on the third day. May be an issue with cable which was not an original one. However, the same one had worked fine on previous two days.

This alternative will be useful to keep the dongle always connected and may be avoid the issue of cable or instrument being not recognised.
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I do agree that a built in wireless AA would be the best and nowadays most cars are coming with that. But for those who have wired AA in their cars, the ease of use of this device is unparalleled.

Firstly, the device can be put out of sight and there is no on/off system for it which is required. Secondly, as i unlock my car, the USB powers up and by the time I wear my seatbelt, the wireless connection is established and the maps is on screen along with my music playlist - all this while my phone is in my pocket. Wired connection, means I would need to plug in my phone each time and then a few more seconds for the connection to set.
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Ordered it in January with a March expected delivery. Though product owners update the progress, there are delays not in their control and finally got it delivered 3rd week of April. Note that, seller send the device all duty paid shipping to India, but Indian counterpart of the courier company would try to charge you customs duty. You just have to ignore that and send a mail or raise a ticket at https://cpeb.freshdesk.com/support/home, they take care of it.

And all AAWireless users can discuss the issues, troubleshooting and solutions in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thank you for creating this thread. The setting you have mentioned worked for me in my Creta SXO 2020 model with Oneplus 7T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I received one last week; I had ordered in Jan, so took 3 months. The sellers had promised a March delivery but they wrote in March that it would be delayed by a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I have wireless AA (pioneer 9350 ) on my Crysta

Works flawlessly. Had to add a steering wheel adapter harness to make it work. With stock HU, I am not sure.
I had an April shipping and my contribution is now locked. I have a tracking number of Floship but it isn't working. The Floship website says that the tracking number isn't valid. Any advice?

Which shipping company delivered the device to you gents in India?
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Using it for a week and couple of drives around an hour to 2 hrs long, getting clearer picture. Looked into one point which is missed in most discussion. Mobile battery usage.

So in one of the 2 hr long drives within city with map giving direction and Amazon music playing, it reduced my 4000mah phone battery around 11~12%. On return journey placed the phone in wireless charger and drove back 2 hrs with map on and music playing, it just increased the battery % around 2~3%. So Seltos's wireless charger can charge just as much as it uses while running on wireless Android auto. There are many variable though, like offline google map and downloaded music playing would take lesser battery for sure.

So I feel for long drive of 200km+ it would be better to connect to wired AA if you care about your phone battery to be topped up when you reach, otherwise it could work for approximately 6-7 hours of drive with some backup left at the end (without giving charge while driving).

Quote:
If it is built-in nothing better than that for sure, and that is true for all tech features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Firstly, the device can be put out of sight and there is no on/off system for it which is required. Secondly, as i unlock my car, the USB powers up and by the time I wear my seatbelt, the wireless connection is established and the maps is on screen along with my music playlist - all this while my phone is in my pocket. Wired connection, means I would need to plug in my phone each time and then a few more seconds for the connection to set.
Yes the convenience of it specially in city driving where multiple stops are required or even in normal times also is enormous and I like how flawless is its connectivity after the initial setup. I am using only for a week, but I am sure (from the reviews) it is going to stay like this for years, unlike many other aftermarket gadgets which shows some or other glitches at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
I had an April shipping and my contribution is now locked. I have a tracking number of Floship but it isn't working. The Floship website says that the tracking number isn't valid. Any advice?

Check in Aftership.com. Or if the courier is DPEX, you can check their site also. Anyway, the update in all those tracking site is almost a day or 2 late always (sometimes a week). Like mine was shipped in April 6th, but I could see the first update on April 12th. After the item entered India, for me, it was shipped with Bluedart by Indian courier partner.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 2nd May 2022 at 14:08.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post

OVERSEAS LOGISTICS PVT. LTD.
(A member of DPEX Worldwide Network)
A-260/1, Road No.-6, Mahipalpur Exten.
New Delhi-110 037 India

You may want to ask Aa Wireless about the domestic shipping company.
gary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 16:33   #23
BHPian

I got my AA wireless few days back, works flawlessly on my 2021 Jazz. I have retrofitted a wireless charger on my Jazz, with AA wireless the setup is complete now.AAWireless - Indiegogo project for wireless Android Auto dongle-img_20220502_163135.jpg
sandeep3764 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone checked if this works for All New Thar?
Any other options that we have in India! Thanks.
Old 9th May 2022, 17:00   #25

Quote:
Is it possible to activate the wireless feature in Nexon 2021 model may be at a cost so that we enjoy the wireless feature fully?
Old 11th June 2022, 09:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Got the AAWireless kit this week. Had some trouble with the initial setup in my 2021 Fortuner. Had to go through the troubleshooting sequence to make it work the first time.

After that it works quite well. Starts automatically in the first 15-30 seconds of the drive. By the time , I reverse out of parking, it starts displaying the Android Auto UI with the phone never out of my pocket. The battery situation is bad though. Phone loses almost 10 % in a one hour drive. I did not face any disconnections yet.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th June 2022 at 09:52.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:10   #27
BHPian

Those want to buy AAWireless from India can now directly order from their store and get shipped immediately. They have multiple shipping options to choose from. No need to pledge in Indiegogo anymore.

https://www.aawireless.io/

AAWireless - Indiegogo project for wireless Android Auto dongle-aawirelesssite.jpg
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 17:22   #28
BHPian

I received mine day before and installed it today in my car (Hector) today. It worked like a charm without needing to meddle with any settings on the App (for e.g. passthru or USB MTP etc.). Music (sound) was good as well, similar (or felt better) to the AA wired method. So happy with the purchase and it is good so far. Need to check how it fares in the coming days for consistency and stability of the connection.

By the way, I ordered mine on the Indiegogo as a perk though the webshop was open. The cost on the webshop is 5 USD more and also the shipping cost is 5 USD more for similar shipping time. There is an option for lesser shipping cost but with higher shipping time of 14 days. My perk was fulfiled in 3 days and shipping took 5 days to reach from Hong Kong. Shipped thru floship (DPEX), DPEX asked me for the KYC docs and that's it. Duty amount was prepaid by the shipper. HK to Delhi and from Delhi to Bangalore via Blue Dart (5 days).

Observations of this tool in Hector 2021 -
1. Have connected this in the main USB slot beneath the IVI. Observed that this USB slot is not powered off immediately after ignition off and door open/close. It takes around 2mins. The other 2 USB slots are powered off immediately though.
2. Also when we remotely check vehicle status from mobile, this USB slot comes alive and if we're nearby with the mobile then the AA wireless connects to the mobile wifi. So whenever we check vehicle status from somewhere, this tool will consume power. So similar to the above #1, the USB slot if powered off in about 2mins.
3. When we unlock car, this USB slot comes alive and kind of gets connected to the mobile wifi. Few times observed that before I did car ignition the wifi is connected, AA is ready and when I did the ignition ON, the USB slot power was toggled. So AA tool gets rebooted.

Above observations, will be different in different vehicles based on the individual OEM implementation of the USB power management. Some vehicles may not power off at all. So better to check this post installing the AA wireless tool otherwise it may keep consuming power and drain the battery.
darthvader001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 11:07   #29
BHPian

AAWireless has exited the crowdfunding stage and is now shipping from Amazon and its own website:

https://9to5google.com/2022/08/29/aa...raduation-soon

USD 90 on Amazon.
Old 31st August 2022, 15:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Those want to buy AAWireless from India can now directly order from their store and get shipped immediately. They have multiple shipping options to choose from. No need to pledge in Indiegogo anymore.

https://www.aawireless.io/

Attachment 2323803
I will be shortly going on a business trip to Bangkok, Thailand (yes you read it right, its a business trip for sure). Is there any possibility I can get this unit from there? Will be needing it for my Tata Harrier which doesnt have wireless AA. Any particular electronics shopping place in Bangkok?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks