Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Of the current AA wireless options, which one do you prefer/recommend
AA Wireless on Indiegogo 16 45.71%
Carsifi 3 8.57%
Motorola MA1 11 31.43%
Others/Cheaper chinese options 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 13:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Options for Wireless Android Auto - Which one do you prefer?

Hi folks, am looking for something similar that would allow me to use AA or Apple Car Play wirelessly, but don’t want to spend much. The options that are listed here are in range of $80-90. Is there any cheaper options available that has been tried and tested by members here?
HalfOctave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 09:40   #17

Any new similar products / old products listed here which is available in India (online / offline) without international shipping ?
Old 12th February 2023, 00:28   #18
Sen
BHPian

AA Wireless now only ships through Amazon, since according to their support the shipping and customs processes led to enough losses on their end to India.

Shucks. What do TeamBHPians use these days to enable wireless android auto?
Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 08:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
AA Wireless now only ships through Amazon, since according to their support the shipping and customs processes led to enough losses on their end to India.

Shucks. What do TeamBHPians use these days to enable wireless android auto?
Carlink is the one which ships to India, lot of T-bhpians have got it.

Good thing about this is it supports both AA and Carplay unlike the mentioned above devices which only supports AA.And price is also less than $100. Like my case my wife uses iPhone and me Android, it connects to both seamlessly.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...actory-carplay

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...adapter-3.html (Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter)
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 23:42   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I have the latest version 2air ( Also retailing as Carlinkit5). Anyone interested can DM me. Cheers !
Old 2nd August 2023, 08:20   #21
BHPian

I have a spare Motorola MA-1 Android Auto wireless adapter bought from the US a few months back that I want to sell as it is an extra and not being used.
Pls DM me if someone in interested.
Old 7th August 2023, 20:30   #22

Does anyone have my experience with this:

KMH Wireless Apple Car Play and Android Box (U2-X Pro-CPA 300)?

I’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube that say it works well with Apple and Android.

https://www.carplus.in/products/kmh-...oid-boxcpa-300

It’s so disappointing that the Alcazar does have wireless CarPlay.
Old 26th August 2023, 23:23   #23
BHPian

Hello All!

Recently got Motorola MA1 from the US (total cost ~$100). Using it with my City 5th Gen. So far the experience has been great!

Here are some details -

Setup: Nice and Slick. The original double-sided sticker that came with the device was not strong enough to hold the device in place. Had to use an after-market 3M tape. But the overall result is great! Clutter-free cabin

Options for Wireless Android Auto - Which one do you prefer?-20230723_110140.jpg
Options for Wireless Android Auto - Which one do you prefer?-20230723_110202.jpg

Usage Experience
  1. Startup - The device takes ~30 seconds to boot up once the car is started. Usually, my Android auto screen is up and running by the time I pull out of my parking
  2. Device Heating - I was a bit skeptical about getting this device as I have heard in many forums about phone heating issues - TBH, the phone does heat somewhat but not that much with music and navigation going on. My usual commute is 45-60 minutes and I barely notice any intense heating on the phone
  3. Performane - The device "sometimes" acts crazy. Randon crashes, etc. but so far I've been using it for about 3 months and the device worked fine ~90% of the time which is a win considering I got rid og the cables and hassle of plugging in the phone every time
Here's a short video review of the device:

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this! Happy to help

Last edited by arpirocks : 26th August 2023 at 23:24. Reason: added more text
Old 27th August 2023, 09:26   #24
BHPian

I have a hardly used Motorola MA-1 wireless Android auto adapter that was bought from the US a few months back that I want to sell. If anyone is interested, please DM me.
Old 6th September 2023, 08:57   #25
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Between the Motorola and the Carlinkit5 what would you guys suggest? Two of us drive the car but both have only android phones.
Old 7th March 2024, 10:46   #26
BHPian

Hi,

Stumbled upon this thread while looking for AA wireless adaptor options.

While doing a random search, got this product, MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick. From the reviews it looks ok and I feel it is reasonably priced. Have two queries, any feedback would be great.

First one, obviously, has any one used this product? If yes, what's the feedback.

Second - In my 2019 XUV500, after few hours or at random, the AA simply stops working & gives the red screen error "Communication Error 8 - Android Auto Didn't Pass Security Checks". It remains like that for a long time & comes back on after a couple of hours of driving ( again very random). This is the only reason I am considering a wireless option hoping that it will get rid of the problem.

Now my worry is whether a wireless adaptor will actually fix the issue. I don't want to end up investing around 10k for a product which is not solving my actual purpose, the dreaded communication error thing. Any thoughts on this one please. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks