Team-BHP - Need Help on Selection of Speaker Units on Verna
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Need Help on Selection of Speaker Units on Verna (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/25160-need-help-selection-speaker-units-verna.html)

I am a newbie at this and absolutly no sound and equipments knowledge. I have been surfing a lot to check a good HU (for Verna XI) with maximum features at an affordable price. I am also aware that Blaupunkt does not have much of fan following at this corner but since I was in UK for a short visit I checked the prices here and ordered Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57, considering the number of features packed on to this head unit (USB, AUX IN, Integrated Bluetooth, Mike) at the price £165 (Rs. 13200 inclusive of B&W) which I hope is a bargain though I am yet to realise the same.

Blaupunkt - Car Radios - MP3 Tuners - Hamburg MP57
MP3/WMA playback from CD-R/RW, USB
FM, MW, LW
Full-graphic display with convenient, 3-line MP3 browsing
Bluetooth integrated for hands-free car phone operation and call answer/end via the car radio
Integrated USB port to connect and control external mass storage media
Front Aux-input for external music sources (e. g. MP3 players)
3-band equalizer
4-Channel preamp out to control external amplifiers (front/rear)
Sub-out for subwoofer control (variable level/frequency)
4 x 45 Watts Max. power
Flip release panel
Pre-equipped for navigation voice output
iPod-ready: iPod connection with optional interface

Further I need to understand what speakers would be the best to be installed considering that I am not really looking forward to add on as subwoofer on to the car. I am not a big BASS fan, though I would like to know what would be the best speakers that could provide me a decent Bass output from the speakers themselves. I have been considering JBL - T595, JBL - GTO937 for the rear speakers and would like to know if anyone else thinks likewise.

I am able to crack a deal GTO937 (for £35 = Rs. 2800) and P953 (£ 75 = Rs. 6000) and T595 (£90 = Rs. 7200) here and would like to know if at all it makes sense to get speakers from here or buy them from Delhi itself. Please note all the prices above are with B&W and I hope they mean global warranty.

Also some advice required to know what would be the best front speaker choice for the HU.

Would appreciate if someone could guide me on getting maximum clarity, decent bass output from my purchase.
PS: I do not mind to add an amplifier addon if the speakers can do the job well after getting one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 468685)

I have been considering JBL - T595, JBL - GTO937 for the rear speakers and would like to know if anyone else thinks likewise.

I am able to crack a deal GTO937 (for £35 = Rs. 2800) and P953 (£ 75 = Rs. 6000) and T595 (£90 = Rs. 7200) here and would like to know if at all it makes sense to get speakers from here or buy them from Delhi itself. Please note all the prices above are with B&W and I hope they mean global warranty.

Also some advice required to know what would be the best front speaker choice for the HU.

Would appreciate if someone could guide me on getting maximum clarity, decent bass output from my purchase.
PS: I do not mind to add an amplifier addon if the speakers can do the job well after getting one.

Hi,

Let me answer that for you.

The T595 is old school, hungry for power. I recommend it only if yo9u plan to amplify it, otherwise the GTO937 is a better bet. I'm not a huge fan of the P-953.
You prices are good, but not rocking. Basically the price is the same, not including taxes, duties etc. Up to you. For example the T595 is now 9990 including all taxes, with warranty.

There is no global warranty on car audio speakers. Warranty applies only in the country of purchase, when installed in the country of purchase. That said, very few things can fail in the speaker, so if you think the difference is worth it, go for it.

For the front I would recommend a pair of 6" component speakers. And a 4 channel amplifier to power the speakers too.
Plus I want a box of Hawaiian host chocolates from Heathrow Duty Free.

Thanks Sam,

You rock brother. I am no ways spending any moolah here to make a just that much of difference. As per your advise I am definitely picking up the speakers in Delhi now. Though I dont know if your pointer was to go for T595 or not but I interpret your response as T595 being commendable speakers. Hungry for power sounds good to me. More power means more decibals from the speakers (hopefully). Or are there any better. The idea is to get maximum output and clarity from the speakers themselves with amplifier installed.

Further as you said 6" speakers for the front and a 4 channel amplifier. I already have some sort of speakers on the car company fitted though i have no clues which ones yet, as I have not had the opportunity to even get a look at my new car. My hard luck I had to travel 2 days before the car was delivered. But would I be asking for too much if I just ask which component speakers would you suggest and what amplifier would suffice the hunger struck T595. I am blindfolded getting the one suggested here on the post as I dont believe on anywhere else than TBHP for the truth. It lies just here and nowhere else.

Hawaiian host chocolates pukka but then I would need the delivery address please :o)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 469416)
But would I be asking for too much if I just ask which component speakers would you suggest and what amplifier would suffice the hunger struck T595.

Hello Tinnie,
My point was that the 595 cannot be driven by a HU. Any good amplifier with about 50W rms+ on tap will do nicely. Even a JBL CS60.4 or Pioneer 6200 will do nicely.
For the front you can go for GTO607C. Cost about 6K, check in price in ol'blighty.
If you want to put a subwoofer too, you'll need another monoblock amplifier. FInd out prices for GTO301.1 and CS300.1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 469416)
Hawaiian host chocolates pukka but then I would need the delivery address please :o)

Buss. You offered, that much is enough for me. I was kidding, but I'm touched. Ain't nothing in the whole world like Hawaiian Host.

Tinnie,
The 595 need more power than say the 937s. they we not designed to be driven by a HU. That does not mane they will nesscarily play louder. For a speaker to play louder it does only have to use more power but also be efficient/sensitive enough to produce a higher sound pressure level.

Now if you are getting the T595 for the rear I would suggest the Infinity Kappa 60.7 or JBL 6" GTi components for the front both need a good amp (JBL 4060 would do nicely) to do justice. However if you are getting the 937 then the 607 it a better match.

Thanks fellas,
So here is what I intend to install finally based on your advise :

HU : Blaupunkt-Car Radios-MP3 Tuners-Hamburg MP57
Rear Speakers : JBL T595
Front Speakers : GTO607C
Amplifier : JBL 4060 or JBL CS60.4 (Based on Price I am quoted)

Will appreciate if someone could comment on how much this may come out to be worth. Additionally I opened up the packed HU yesterday and to my utter disappointment I noticed that the power and other sockets at the rear end of head unit appear to be different from what we have in India. The sockets are square with a couple of pins in it like the computer ones(I am a commerce guy. Excuse my description of sockets). I hope I would get the required cables for the same in India.

There is just another question I wished to ask. I noticed the on the manuals that the power input value to be 12V. Is it the same as that of the HUs we get in India or I will have to add an additional attachement that would modulate the current to required voltage. After all this I have started to think it wasnt indeed a smart decesion to buy the HU. Hope I get it all sorted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 472978)
Additionally I opened up the packed HU yesterday and to my utter disappointment I noticed that the power and other sockets at the rear end of head unit appear to be different from what we have in India. The sockets are square with a couple of pins in it like the computer ones(I am a commerce guy. Excuse my description of sockets). I hope I would get the required cables for the same in India.

There is just another question I wished to ask. I noticed the on the manuals that the power input value to be 12V. Is it the same as that of the HUs we get in India or I will have to add an additional attachement that would modulate the current to required voltage. After all this I have started to think it wasnt indeed a smart decesion to buy the HU. Hope I get it all sorted.

Where did you buy the HU from? They should be able to give you the Verna-specific wiring adapter, which has mating connector for the Blau HU on one side, and on the other side mating connector for the Verna harness.
No, don't worry about 12V - all cars are 12V (in India at least).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 473076)
No, don't worry about 12V - all cars are 12V (in India at least).

It's an international standard. All cars are 12V in all countries all over the world.

Some commercial vehicles are 24V but that's not our problem, not unless someone wants to ICE his lorry.

Thanks DerAlte

12V sounds in India as well, sounds good. Thanks man.

I bought the Headunit online here in Edinburgh, UK. And I dont see any verna's on the road here so I doubt I would get Verna specific wiring adapter. Could you suggest if I would be able to get one in India as well (rather Delhi) I hope so.

Anyways thanks again.

Hey Sam good to see you back. Still looking for your mailing address and a suitable means of transport that would keep the stuff from melting till it reaches you :o)

By the way, just to inform you guys. Could you guys believe that they do not supply any remote with that HU here. I thought it sure is something to laugh out loud about and let you know. With all those things and features on that Unit they expect the rider to use the console press buttons :o) As silly as it gets. Anyway I will pick up one in Delhi once I am back as I got not much time to search and pick up one now. Just thought it was worth a mention in case anyone intends to buy one later. I took it for granted and boom they shot me right there :o)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 473140)
I bought the Headunit online here in Edinburgh, UK. And I dont see any verna's on the road here so I doubt I would get Verna specific wiring adapter. Could you suggest if I would be able to get one in India as well (rather Delhi) I hope so.

I'm sure you will be able to get one from Blau in India for Verna, even if you have picked the HU in Edinburgh. With good reports from everyone on Blau A.S.S. in India, that would be a realistic expectation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 473133)
It's an international standard. All cars are 12V in all countries all over the world.

Some commercial vehicles are 24V but that's not our problem, not unless someone wants to ICE his lorry.

24V in cars is around the corner. Product development based on 24V for cars has been on for the last 6-8 years - will hit the market when the cars are ready after serious testing (10 years or so).

The current is halved, and so is the copper requirement. And some devices, such as the electronically controlled injectors, work better at 24V.

ICE his lorry? Hmmm, imagine LBM's system (in SPL mode) in a Tata / Leyland - belting out, well, truck-drivers' Punjabi songs. Quite a sight and sound it will be!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinnieboy (Post 473144)
Hey Sam good to see you back. Still looking for your mailing address and a suitable means of transport that would keep the stuff from melting till it reaches you :o)

You really bought me Hawaiian host???? Open bribery in the ICE section with chocolate? I love it!! :) Keep it in delhi, in the fridge and I will come and take it soon.

Tinnie, blau remotes are sold seperately sometimes. You should be able to choose between a steering remote and a handheld one, in delhi itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 473400)
ICE his lorry? Hmmm, imagine LBM's system (in SPL mode) in a Tata / Leyland - belting out, well, truck-drivers' Punjabi songs. Quite a sight and sound it will be!

:uncontrol Yahahahahaha
rl:

Back on topic, DerAlte, 24V would be great. Got any links I could explore?