Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 15:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Apple CarPlay to extend to instrument cluster: Offer more vehicle control features

Apple unveiled its next-gen CarPlay at the 2022 Worldwide Developer Conference recently.

The new-gen Apple CarPlay is said to be rolled out in the near future and will integrate multiple in-car screens, including the digital instrument cluster. The new software will also offer more vehicle control features, including climate control, radio and real-time vehicle data like speed, fuel level, temperatures and more.

Next-gen Apple CarPlay to extend to instrument cluster: Offer more vehicle control features-applecarplayupdate.jpg

Cars with the new software will get Apple-designed graphics across multiple screens. Drivers will also be able to customise their instrument cluster by adding multiple widgets like weather and/or music apps.

Apple, however, hasn't revealed too many details of the new-gen CarPlay. Although it did showcase a render of what the system could look like on multiple screens.

The company will start to announce specific vehicles which will support this system sometime next year. Also, the first car to come with the new software is expected to be launched only by the end of 2023.

Source: TheDrive

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 9th June 2022 at 15:27.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 19:41   #2
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Apple CarPlay to extend to instrument cluster: Offer more vehicle control features

I hope with this next-gen Apple CarPlay they fix the problem where the time that you use CarPlay in your CAR gets added to your iPhone screen time! If I use the Google Maps navigation in my car via CarPlay for 2 hours, that 2 hours gets added to my iPhone screen time which is ridiculous. They should at least give an option to switch this "feature" on/off.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-gen Apple CarPlay to extend to instrument cluster: Offer more vehicle control features

The most important aspect in this case to me is how is the phone to car SW stability, given the phone is now supposed to interact with car application processor and guide the cockpit display control.

While this sounds very interesting, am just concerned on how a mission critical system will integrate with some thing which is not? What happens to the fault tolerance and overall system reliability?

I am sure this topic should have been discussed at length. But still am curios to understand this aspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks