Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 10:59   #1

Apple Carplay not working on Škoda Octavia

Loving my newly acquired pre-owned Octavia so far, with one small glitch. The Apple Carplay does NOT like my iPhone 12 mini one bit. Was quite ok at the beginning, then started dropping the connection/refusing to recognise the phone intermittently; nowadays it recognises the phone (Anupam's iPhone pops up on the display) but just refuses to go to the Carplay homescreen. The people at the showroom reset Carplay a couple of weeks ago when I took her for a routine service, following which it was ok for a while, but has started tripping up again. I've tried resetting the connection by making the phone 'forget' the car: Again worked a couple of times before the same thing returning with a vengeance. If anybody has faced and/or solved similar issues, would love some advice.

P. S. Could it possibly be because of a VPN interference? Out of curiosity to see where it's going wrong, I connected the wife's iPhone this morning, and Carplay picked it up and went to the expected/desired homescreen immediately! The only difference I can think of between the 2 phones is a VPN connection (doubt any iPhone app would be getting in the way!). Would resetting my phone likely fix this? And, if the VPN is really the problem here, how did it manage to connect for the initial few weeks? Help, pretty please?
Old 11th July 2022, 13:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Apple Carplay not working on Škoda Octavia

Hi Anupam.

I have heard all such issues and experienced it myself, I believe its a compatibility issue and glitch in skoda's ICE. Best what you can do is to buy a original cable and use that for car play.

There is nothing really you can do apart from digesting the fact, that Its probably a glitch and neither apple nor skoda is going to fix soon!
Old 15th April 2023, 00:41   #3
BHPian

Re: Apple Carplay not working on Škoda Octavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnupamRoy View Post
Loving my newly acquired pre-owned Octavia so far, with one small glitch. The Apple Carplay does NOT like my iPhone 12 mini one bit.
Hey Anupam,
Though I do not have a solution for you issue but, just wanted to convey that I connect my 2018 TDi with an iPhone 12 mini & iPhone XR and the carplay just works flawlessly. Could be some settings on the phone that could be the restriction point.
Your car pics look great on other threads and to mention some similarities between us, I've had a Civic in the past which was sold to upgrade to the present 2018 Octy TDi DSG during May 2022.

Thanks
Aslam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks