Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Alpine HU and AMP pricelist

Guys,

Im in China right now and thinking of buying a HU and AMP from here if the price difference is considerable. Can anyone help me by providing an approx price tag w/o Bill and Warrenty in Banglore?
Old 28th June 2007, 15:44   #2
BHPian

it would help if u mention model numbers of the products your looking at
Old 29th June 2007, 22:23   #3
BHPian

Im looking out the following config:
1) HU: Alpine CDA-9883
2) Single Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-1.600 or JBL BPX500.1

Other than this I am thinking of picking up JBL JBL W-12GTi woofer. What do you think about this woofer? Is there any user comment available on TBhp?

Front component and rear speakers Im planning to buy in Bangalore.... Do you guys have any sugestion on the above mentioned config? Do I need to check out any alternative?
Old 29th June 2007, 23:48   #4
BANNED

i was in china a few months back.. had a look at some pioneer and JBL amps... the difference is so..so... but, i didn't wanna regret later, so i chucked the idea.

flipsyde - nice signature!
Old 30th June 2007, 02:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

Other than this I am thinking of picking up JBL JBL W-12GTi woofer. What do you think about this woofer? Is there any user comment available on TBhp?
The Alpine CDA-9883 isn't available officially in India yet, neither is the PDX-1.600. The PDX-1.1000 though is available officially for Rs 46990. The JBL W12GTi sub is supposed to be a great sub.
Old 30th June 2007, 04:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

Front component and rear speakers Im planning to buy in Bangalore.... Do you guys have any sugestion on the above mentioned config? Do I need to check out any alternative?
the 12gti will cost you just 30k a piece.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

The W12GTi is a very good subwoofer but you need a super, high current, big power amplifier to do anything with it. Otherwise you won't even tickle it. It carries the differential drive motor structure from the larger, JBL pro application drivers. The kind that navin used to have in his house when he was young lol.

Here is a cross-sectional internal construction illustration you won't normally find. Enjoy and remember you saw it here, on Team-BHP

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th June 2007 at 12:07.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The W12GTi is a very good subwoofer but you need a super, high current, big power amplifier to do anything with it. Otherwise you won't even tickle it. It carries the differential drive motor structure from the larger, JBL pro application drivers. The kind that navin used to have in his house when he was young lol.

Here is a cross-sectional internal construction illustration you won't normally find. Enjoy and remember you saw it here, on Team-BHP
Ya this split coil is for increasing the Xmax of the sub and to keep it in control.

Sam Bhai will this amp will be fine for the job...

http://english.gttrading.it/easysite/scheda3.asp?livello=3&Marchio=StegΓ=K%20competitio n&Modello=K2|04&pg=1
Old 30th June 2007, 12:25   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It should do nicely. How much does this amplifier cost?
Old 30th June 2007, 12:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sam Bhai why are you asking for the cost here.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:37   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It costs a measly Rs. 80,000/- only! as much as LBM's tweeter?
Old 30th June 2007, 12:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It costs a measly Rs. 80,000/- only! as much as LBM's tweeter?
Hmm....MF i think the prices are revised and now it is for just Rs 95,000/- only.

But I am still scratching my head why did Sam Bhai asked for the price but not anything else like Power output..
Old 30th June 2007, 12:44   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmm....MF i think the prices are revised and now it is for just Rs 95,000/- only.
Ummm well price is not important but is it the same amp that I see in the boot of your Swift laid nicely like a bed in brilliant finish. I was finding reviews of this amp online and I didn't come across a single negative review. If at all you see one please forward me a link and I will take a demo of your Swift sitting in the back seat with child lock 'ON' chalega?
Old 30th June 2007, 12:47   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But I am still scratching my head why did Sam Bhai asked for the price but not anything else like Power output..
LBM you are a silly boy sometimes . The weblink you gave me had EVERY specification, including power, damping and everything. WHy should I ask? I went to school, I can read.
Only thing not listed there was price. I know steg K series is expensive, so i asked how much, that's all. Stop scratching your head, your pugree will get spoiled.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Ummm well price is not important but is it the same amp that I see in the boot of your Swift laid nicely like a bed in brilliant finish. I was finding reviews of this amp online and I didn't come across a single negative review. If at all you see one please forward me a link and I will take a demo of your Swift sitting in the back seat with child lock 'ON' chalega?
you are welcome sir..so when are you dropping by.

Quote:
LBM you are a silly boy sometimes . The weblink you gave me had EVERY specification, including power, damping and everything. WHy should I ask? I went to school, I can read.
Only thing not listed there was price. I know steg K series is expensive, so i asked how much, that's all. Stop scratching your head, your pugree will get spoiled.
Sam Bhai ok stopped scratching my head as I had to type the post.

I have the same amp in my boot installed in a non-proffessional way but in a DIY way hope you like the installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks