Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
51,118 views Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 23:38   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Thane
Posts: 57
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

I bought Carlinkit 2air (launched April’ 23 and retailing as Carlinkit 5) for my Tata Harrier 2021. While it works like a breeze on my friend’s MG & Škoda, it’s kinda disappointing for Harrier. I tried it on my Hyundai as well and there it works fine but I guess there is some specific issue with Harrier as per previous posts on this thread.
I paid 12K including customs for the dongle and would be willing to part ways with it for the same price. The older version (Carlinkit 4.0) is retailing for 20K on Amazon India and I am not sure if the latest version is even available.
Interested ppl please dm me. Cheers !
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 01:15   #62
BHPian
 
dipdawiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 204
Thanked: 788 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I bought Carlinkit 2air (launched Aprilí 23 and retailing as Carlinkit 5) for my Tata Harrier 2021. While it works like a breeze on my friendís MG & äkoda, itís kinda disappointing for Harrier. I tried it on my Hyundai as well and there it works fine
...
Interested ppl please dm me. Cheers !
Can you confirm it works with Hyundai's 10.25 inch head unit (Creta 2020)? One of my friend may be interested if resolution works fine. He tried carlinkit 4.0 two months back, it had very bad resolution issue on his car (Creta with 10.25inch HU).
dipdawiz is offline  
Old 4th June 2023, 08:46   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Thane
Posts: 57
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Can you confirm it works with Hyundai's 10.25 inch head unit (Creta 2020)? One of my friend may be interested if resolution works fine. He tried carlinkit 4.0 two months back, it had very bad resolution issue on his car (Creta with 10.25inch HU).
Working on Tucson last gen. So I guess it should work for Creta. Works for MG and skoda as well.
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:03   #64
Newbie
 
goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jalgaon, Mumbai.
Posts: 23
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I bought Carlinkit 2air (launched April’ 23 and retailing as Carlinkit 5) for my Tata Harrier 2021. While it works like a breeze on my friend’s MG & Škoda, it’s kinda disappointing for Harrier. I tried it on my Hyundai as well and there it works fine but I guess there is some specific issue with Harrier as per previous posts on this thread.
I paid 12K including customs for the dongle and would be willing to part ways with it for the same price. The older version (Carlinkit 4.0) is retailing for 20K on Amazon India and I am not sure if the latest version is even available.
Interested ppl please dm me. Cheers !
Hello curiousnewbie.

I am looking for a pre-worshipped / pre-owned Carlinkit with wireless apple car play & wireless andriod auto functionality. ( Ver. 4.0 / 5.0).

I need to use it on Kia Sonnet GTX+ 2023 Variant & Hyundai Creta 2017 SX+ Variant. Does it works properly smooth & slick on these models without any glitch or lag !?

Since you would want to part ways with your hardware (5.0), would like to connect you on same. How do I get in touch with you !? I am based in Andheri West, Mumbai.

Please do get in touch whenever convenient for you.

TIA.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 13th June 2023 at 21:00. Reason: Removing personal details, as requested
goldie is offline  
Old 12th June 2023, 18:29   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
Turbanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 6,360
Thanked: 26,505 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I bought Carlinkit 2air (launched Aprilí 23 and retailing as Carlinkit 5) The older version (Carlinkit 4.0) is retailing for 20K on Amazon India and I am not sure if the latest version is even available.
Is this the same stuff you are referring to? Looks like prices have come down. Is it a good product?

https://www.amazon.in/Carlinkit-Wire.../dp/B0C4NKV6T2
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:44   #66
Newbie
 
goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jalgaon, Mumbai.
Posts: 23
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I bought Carlinkit 2air (launched April’ 23 and retailing as Carlinkit 5) for my Tata Harrier 2021. While it works like a breeze on my friend’s MG & Škoda, it’s kinda disappointing for Harrier. I tried it on my Hyundai as well and there it works fine but I guess there is some specific issue with Harrier as per previous posts on this thread.
I paid 12K including customs for the dongle and would be willing to part ways with it for the same price. The older version (Carlinkit 4.0) is retailing for 20K on Amazon India and I am not sure if the latest version is even available.
Interested ppl please dm me. Cheers !
@ curiousnewbie : Thanks a lot for your trust & patience . You also gave me a new insight into the Team-Bhp brotherhood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this the same stuff you are referring to? Looks like prices have come down. Is it a good product?

https://www.amazon.in/Carlinkit-Wire.../dp/B0C4NKV6T2
@ Turbanator : Thanks a lot for the info share / update. Seems Carlinkit now has an official store at Amazon India's E-Com Marketplace.

https://www.amazon.in/stores/CarlinkitOfficial/page/B52ED484-F7FC-42C6-A65A-E688DBC50DA5?ref_=ast_bln

It will be a boon as the official store at Amazon India states that its Fulfilled by Amazon / No Cost EMI available / Free Delivery / Pay Cash on Delivery / 30 days Returnable / 12 Month Warranty / Amazon Delivered / Secure transaction / In stock available.

No more hassles of longer / uncertain shipping timelines with uncertainties of custom clearance & custom charges arbitrarily every other time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th June 2023 at 18:14. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
goldie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:13   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Thane
Posts: 57
Thanked: 143 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this the same stuff you are referring to? Looks like prices have come down. Is it a good product?

https://www.amazon.in/Carlinkit-Wire.../dp/B0C4NKV6T2
Product is supposedly the best of the lot. Just not compatible with Tata Cars.
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 16:55   #68
Team-BHP Support
 
Turbanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 6,360
Thanked: 26,505 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
Product is supposedly the best of the lot. Just not compatible with Tata Cars.
That's good. Ordered yesterday itself.

I will have a company, I too am not compatible with TATA
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 17:40   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 241
Thanked: 146 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

I ordered carlinkit device from the Carlinkit website provided earlier in this thread and got it today (in 2 weeks). Tested the device with my i20 and it connected via Bluetooth to successfully pair with the phone wirelessly allowing to play music, use maps etc. without any apparent issues. Need to test it over a long drive to check if there any disconnection issues.

One thing I found strange is even though i am using an android phone, on the ICE (in-car entertainment) screen, it shows up as connected with Car Play.
civic-dk is offline  
Old 17th June 2023, 13:15   #70
Newbie
 
goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jalgaon, Mumbai.
Posts: 23
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I ordered carlinkit device from the Carlinkit website provided earlier in this thread and got it today (in 2 weeks). Tested the device with my i20 and it connected via Bluetooth to successfully pair with the phone wirelessly allowing to play music, use maps etc. without any apparent issues. Need to test it over a long drive to check if there any disconnection issues.

One thing I found strange is even though i am using an android phone, on the ICE (in-car entertainment) screen, it shows up as connected with Car Play.
Which version of Carlinkit hardware did you purchase ?

Carlinkit 4.0 (CPC200-CP2A) converts your Apple CarPlay infotainment unit to Wireless Android Auto. (So you could see as connected with Car Play).
[In short this version of hardware uses apple car play protocol for relaying wireless car play or wireless android auto]

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...actory-carplay

Carlinkit 5.0 (CPC200-2air) converts original car wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay, and converts original car wired Android Auto to wireless Android Auto.
[In short this version of hardware uses native individual protocol for relaying wireless car play or android auto respectively]

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...to-to-wireless

I am not able to attach pics here but if you go through the above web links, you can check the difference.
goldie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 14:03   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 241
Thanked: 146 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
Which version of Carlinkit hardware did you purchase ?

Carlinkit 4.0 (CPC200-CP2A) converts your Apple CarPlay infotainment unit to Wireless Android Auto. (So you could see as connected with Car Play).
[In short this version of hardware uses apple car play protocol for relaying wireless car play or wireless android auto]

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/product...actory-carplay

Carlinkit 5.0 (CPC200-2air) converts original car wired CarPlay to wireless CarPlay, and converts original car wired Android Auto to wireless Android Auto.
[In short this version of hardware uses native individual protocol for relaying wireless car play or android auto respectively]
Thanks Goldie. It appears the one I ordered is Carlinkit 4.0 (CPC200-CP2A) and that's why it's using Car Play protocol to relay wireless Android Auto. So far I haven't faced any disconnection issues, so it seems to be all good.
civic-dk is offline  
Old 19th June 2023, 14:49   #72
BHPian
 
vaisakhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KL-32
Posts: 379
Thanked: 177 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Can you confirm it works with Hyundai's 10.25 inch head unit (Creta 2020)? One of my friend may be interested if resolution works fine. He tried carlinkit 4.0 two months back, it had very bad resolution issue on his car (Creta with 10.25inch HU).

Hi,

Have you tried changing the resolution in the carlinkit settings page?

I have a pioneer HU and had similar issue. Played around with the resolutions and now it's working fine.

Connect your phone to adapter's wifi and go to http://192.168.50.2/. On the settings page you will find drop down menu to change the resolution in that go to custom and enter the height and width needed manually and confirm to restart the adapter
vaisakhr is offline  
Old 19th June 2023, 23:29   #73
BHPian
 
amitgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 103
Thanked: 120 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Has anyone tried the Carlinkit AI box?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0BZVSJMDR

The Android Auto does not support video playback. This device however enables video playback (Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, etc.) & has split screen feature so you can use Google Maps Nav while person next to you can view videos.

I'm thinking of getting this for my new Tucson instead of the regular Carlinkit device. Looking for feedback if anyone has used this.
amitgupta is offline  
Old 20th June 2023, 10:18   #74
BHPian
 
dipdawiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 204
Thanked: 788 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Hi,

Have you tried changing the resolution in the carlinkit settings page?

I have a pioneer HU and had similar issue. Played around with the resolutions and now it's working fine.

Connect your phone to adapter's wifi and go to http://192.168.50.2/. On the settings page you will find drop down menu to change the resolution in that go to custom and enter the height and width needed manually and confirm to restart the adapter
Yes, we tried changing resolution both in Carlinkit 4 (http://192.168.50.2) and in Android Auto. It did not work well, it came to a better shape but not as it should be, still a little stretched/out of proportion. There could be issue with the particular device also, but no way to confirm; because company officially said it's not a supported HU, so could not go for a replacement to check. My friend had to return the unit. Hence wanted to check if Carlinkit 5 is compatible or not.


Here is what happened with the unit -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
My friend bought Carlinkit 4 recently. It has December firmwire. His car is 2020 Creta SXO. When he connects (Android Auto), the screen is stretched like this ...

Last edited by dipdawiz : 20th June 2023 at 10:20.
dipdawiz is offline  
Old 25th June 2023, 11:19   #75
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this forum and this is my first post. Thanks to the mods for accepting my registration request.

I got introduced to the world of Android auto recently when I purchased my 2023 Hyundai Venue SX (O) DCT. My last car was a 2010 Honda City V-MT iVTEC which did not have a headunit, and the aftermarket one I had installed was more like a standalone Android unit rather than AA.

I could clearly see the benefits of using AA on a car, and on my Venue, the wired AA is blazing fast and responsive, and so is the touchscreen. While I have been researching carlinkit for a very long time, I have contemplated buying, especially from the official website which looks too sketchy to me. The carlinkit Amazon store doesn't have the latest models, and I have read through this forum to see a lot of people experiencing disconnection and/or resolution issues.

From what I gather, atleast for Hyundai/KIA cars, getting wireless AA may be achievable if we can enable it from within the engineering mode, but I haven't been able to figure out the engineering mode password for 2023 (the 2022 passcode doesn't work).
sidsden is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks