Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 08:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Carlinkit 4.0 | Wireless Carplay & Android Auto from the same adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
I’ve given up on my CARLINKIT3/4, it doesn’t reliably work with my harrier. If anyone wants it I’m happy to part with it, Delhi/NCR folks can come try it, I’m in gurgaon.
Can you elaborate a bit more on the reliability part pls? I have ordered one for the Harrier and may be could understand better from you.
Old 1st December 2022, 11:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can you elaborate a bit more on the reliability part pls? I have ordered one for the Harrier and may be could understand better from you.
It works intermittently, sometimes I have replug it 2-3 times to work, sometimes I have to reboot the entertainment unit and it detects immediately after that.

I cant remember but before the last service it would connect about 50% of the time but after the last update it takes more attempts. It’s just infuriating sometimes so I stopped using it. The device has gotten 3 firmware updates since I bought it, which has really improved the UI but the connectivity issues persist.
moh1t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

I got the Carlinkit 4.0 delivered today and attempted to make the connections, wasnt successful initially though. I did as instructed in the manual. Connected the device and waited for a few mins, connection message was flashed on the HU, switched on the bluetooth and scanned and connected to the device.

The Android Auto could be seen on the HU, however the size of the AA screen seemed to be shrunk, the maps look small in size. Will be checking the device performance over a few days and post it here.

The Carlinkit device was delivered in 3 weeks time. The tracking shared by the vendor has some funny events with "added to the bag" being seen 5 times. The local delivery (Delhivery) dropped the delivery message on the day of the delivery itself, no advance intimation. Didnt pay for the customs, the device costed $75.

I hope I should be able to revert back to wired AA if desired.
Old 6th December 2022, 08:38   #34

I bought Carlinkit 4.0 from their website, delivered to Bangalore in 17 days time.
I am using it on my Hyundai Creta 2020 SX model, on the first instance it worked fine and now it is booting fine, getting connected and the music is being played but issue with the screen, my HU screen is garbled with green colour. I think it is something to do with screen resolution or refresh rate but I am unable to visit the settings page via 192.168.50.2.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated...
Old 8th December 2022, 09:40   #35

Ordered the Tbox plus from Carlinkit for my E Class. having a separate android tablet as HUD is always something i have preferred. And it also supports carplay and android auto, so both things possible. Waiting now.. :-)
Old 12th December 2022, 11:44   #36

After a firmware update (September version) it is working fine, but my phone is getting hot during use. If anyone wants it, I can part with it, please let me know.
Old 14th December 2022, 09:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeya View Post
After a firmware update (September version) it is working fine, but my phone is getting hot during use. If anyone wants it, I can part with it, please let me know.
I want to try this. Please DM me.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 09:35   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I want to try this. Please DM me.
Please contact me via zeeyaullah(at)gmail.com
Old 14th December 2022, 16:25   #39
BHPian

Mine is been working fine for carplay. It takes a bit of time to boot up, but once up, works well. I could connect my wife's phone also. At a time,however, only one phone is connected.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 16:32   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Mine is been working fine for carplay. It takes a bit of time to boot up, but once up, works well. I could connect my wife's phone also. At a time,however, only one phone is connected.
Which car you use to connect it?
Old 14th December 2022, 20:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeya View Post
Which car you use to connect it?
My car is Skoda Octavia 2019, not the current one
Old 26th December 2022, 10:16   #42

Anybody here installed the December update to Carlinkit 4.0?
Old 8th January 2023, 20:30   #43
BHPian

When you such a dongle or AI box, which is the mic that is used during a telephone call, is it the phone mic, the dongle or AI Box (does it have one) or the Head unit/ Stereo mic?

The reason I am asking, in some of my earlier head units, where the phone is connected through bluetooth, the conversation was very clear to the extent I have had conference calls without anyone knowing it was taken from the car on the road. In my new fortuner I have an AI Box, and my voice is not clear at the other end , while I hear them crystal clear. I am not sure if anybody else has faced this issue?
Old 11th January 2023, 09:41   #44
BHPian

I have been using Carlinkit 4.0 in my Honda City 5G for few days now, below are my initial impressions.

Ordered and 12th Dec and got it delivered on 7th Jan.

First time connection to iphone, to both mine and my wifes took about 30 sec. Post that it takes around 10sec to connect and load into Carplay.

Carplay is smooth and no lags so far using the adapter

I've faced connection issue once so far. Had to unplug the adapter, replug it for the issue to self resolve.

There is a delay while changing songs using the steering mounted controls, takes a good sec for the audio to switch after the button pressed. On wired connection it was almost instantaneous.

I will try AA with my Samsung phone over the weekend and report back on performance.

I haven't updated the firmware as it was mentioned to update it only in case of issues.
vikramhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 17:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

How is this compared to Motorola MA1? As I see reviews in Amazon.com, Motorola MA1 is showing 4.5 ratings while Carlinkkit 4.0 shows 3.5 reviews rating.

My mom will be back in India in March, so thinking to order either of this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks