Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2007, 11:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Simply a point of view LBM, there are minor differences in perception and in points of view. Read in detail and you will understand.

We are no longer giving an answer, we're having a discussion in detail. Some of my points and Der Alte's points differ slightly. It's nice to do that. That's all.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th July 2007 at 11:22.
Old 7th July 2007, 16:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Simply a point of view LBM, there are minor differences in perception and in points of view. Read in detail and you will understand.

We are no longer giving an answer, we're having a discussion in detail. Some of my points and Der Alte's points differ slightly. It's nice to do that. That's all.
I thought that all the above discussion were similar..thats all..no problems...
Old 10th July 2007, 06:44   #33
BANNED

Will any damage happens to the electrical system/Music system if I crank the car with the HU ON (in a normal setup w/o any Subs/Amplis) ?
Old 10th July 2007, 07:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Will any damage happens to the electrical system/Music system if I crank the car with the HU ON (in a normal setup w/o any Subs/Amplis) ?
i was told by my installer that its better to switch of the hu before starting the car
it increase the life of the hu
Old 10th July 2007, 10:57   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
No. That is what this discussion is about. Your car puts off the HU, cranks and then switches it back on, so no harm is done.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:56   #36
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if I am right, but I have seen my HU condition at startup tells me whether the battery is charged.
When the OEM battery was about to fail(it was actually an alternator failure) the HU started turning off at startup.
When the alternator got fixed and HU would keep running at startup.
then the Panasonic battery got one cell bad, and thats when the HU started this again. The HU was the indication which prompted me to put a multimeter to the terminals. This time one cell had gone bad.
Then I got Amaron, and HU did not turn off. Again same thing happened, and this time it was an alternator regulator.
Now the HU does not turn off while crank, and I can be sure that the battery is getting charged and is doing fine.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:00   #37
BHPian

It is a new feature available in most of the recent models in order to prevent electrical damage to the compnents. In my santro also this happens. Once I gave my bike for a small repair in the night. Once the repair was done the guy told to switch off the head light and start the bike. I asked him why ? He told sometimes the headlight may go off when you start the engine with the head light on. Because of the same reason all the cars disconnect the electrical components during the engine start.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:20   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Tsk, in your case, I can safely assume that your car does not have an auto-cutoff for the HU.
This means that your HU is physically going off when the voltage drops below it's tolerance.

Our previous discussion was regarding cars that actually cut off the accessory supply at the time of cranking. It has nothing to do with the condition of the battery, it is an electrical design. I suspect you don't have this feature in your car.
When your battery is healthy, the voltage stays within the tolerance of the HU and it does not shut off. But I suspect there is still a drop (completely normal)

If I was you, I'd power down the HU before I started my car.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:31   #39
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I guess it makes more sense to have HU cutoff and it will prevent damage.
If a car does not have this mechanism, is it possible to have it done while install process. Some king of circuit which will cut off voltage to HU/AMP while crank?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks