Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 15:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
the options and hav decided to hike the budget upto 11k
Spend 6K on good coaxs or decent components the fronts and 5K on 6x9s for the rear.

I dont know if the fiesta has tweeter pods. if not you'll have to cut a hole in the door panel and flush mount the tweeter there (if you choose to get components for the front). Does Infinity make 5x7 coax? It might be an option at 6K.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Why should he change the front and rear speakers when he is retaining the HU? I own a 1.6 sxi and am quite happy with the output from the delivered speakers.
Only thing one may need to go for is a woofer, that too if he is a total music buff.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why should he change the front and rear speakers when he is retaining the HU?
It depends on personal tastes. people spend lacs of rupees on the audio setup. so I would say it is totally personal opinion.
Old 6th July 2007, 17:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why should he change the front and rear speakers when he is retaining the HU? I own a 1.6 sxi and am quite happy with the output from the delivered speakers.
Only thing one may need to go for is a woofer, that too if he is a total music buff.
hi,

he has a ZXI. it doesnt have a HU. i also think if there is no HU there might be no speakers. also the speaker are quite average full range 5x7 sanyo drivers.

for 11k with a hu i would suggest

basic HU 4k pio/kenwood/jvc
5.5" comps for 5k (you will have to confirm if that fits) or jbl 5x7s co-ax in the front (if you want 6x9 rears you will have to install co-ax in front)

if installing comps you can get pio 6x9s in that price i guess.

with 5.5 speakers dont expect good bass delivery from them. 6.5 would be better but not comparable to 6x9s(for rear)

so the ideal choice woud be to get 5x7 co-ax from hertz/jbl for 3.7k
rear 6x9s infinity reference/jbl gto/blau. for 4-5k

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 6th July 2007 at 17:07.
Old 8th July 2007, 15:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Heyy!!! thanks for all the help guys... I got the car... system.. tomorrow... so heres the almost finalized list
pioneer hu... maybe 3950
jbl/herts 6X9 rear speakers..
Pio/jbl fronts(dunno the models!) and i still dunno what component speakers are
Old 9th July 2007, 03:39   #21
BANNED

Hi JayD.
My suggestion is to stick to one brand/series of speakers. Mixing up speakers are better done by experts.

If You're keen on JBL, then get 607 comps for the front and 937 for the rear.

If it is Hertz, then I suggest you get DSK165 for the front and DCX690 for the rear.

If it is Blau, then 170 (??) comps in the front and the 6X9 from the same series in the rear.

I think it's not yet time to go for Pioneer and Sony speakers. Ofcourse, They'll improve soon and you can buy them for your next car maybe.
Old 9th July 2007, 08:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
he has a ZXI. it doesnt have a HU. i also think if there is no HU there might be no speakers. also the speaker are quite average full range 5x7 sanyo drivers..........
ZXI has a 1din audio cd and fm player with 4 speakers, two front and two rear.how can you say it doesnt have a HU
Old 13th July 2007, 12:23   #23

i have shortlisted Pioneer DEH-P5950IB FROM singapore i am getting it at 5100/- what u think about the hu? or shall i go for another one if so then please give me model no within two days.

i would also like to know which speaker should i prefer for front and rear which will be compatible for this hu?

i think front speaker slot is 5x7 and rear i think 5x7 but i am not sure.
basically i am looking for good sound clarity.
i am technically ignorant to this car audio system hence please guide me.
Old 14th July 2007, 11:15   #24
Team-BHP Support

sureshp, if you are looking for 5x7 Blaupunkt and JBL have models that will fit. However with minor mods a 6" coax or component can also be fit in your car.

As fas as the 5950, for 5K it is a better price than if bought in India even without bill and warranty (any product bought outside india does not have a valid warranty anyway).
Old 14th July 2007, 11:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
ZXI has a 1din audio cd and fm player with 4 speakers, two front and two rear.how can you say it doesnt have a HU
hi,

yes even i have a diesel. its not the base model, it has a single din player with with 4 speakers. but this is what jayd said

@clipto... the zxi is the middle model.. so no stereo!

cheers
clip
Old 14th July 2007, 21:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys! i got the system installed! i did a few days back but din get time to post it. here are the spech. I stuck to zaks advice and ot just one brand of speakers!! Hav to admit.. it sounds GREAT!! the bass especially is excellent!! no need for sum atleast for the moment!! Thanks a loot for your help guys!!!

Pioneer 3950 HU
JBL 937 GTO 937 (rear)
Jbl (dunno the model... think its 907 or something) at the front!

Hey! and the fiesta comes with a 5X7 size slot( i think) for the rear and the front!!!! so the rear had to be cut to accomodate the 6X9 speakers.. cost me close to 11k, including install!! Real happy!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks