Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 10:58   #1
BHPian

Verna SX HU

Hi,

Can someone tell me how good is the 2 DIN Kenwood in the Verna SX? Sure, it doesn't look too good. But if the performance is good, I am ready to stand it for some more time. Also would like to know which other HU's can I look at. If it is not 2 DIN, will it look ugly? Currently have a Pioneer in my Palio which is going soon and I really like it.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

- Thanx
Old 13th July 2007, 12:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

The stock Kenwoods put in by Hyundai are decent, not too many bells & whistles. Bells & whistles are individual preference. What matters is whether it has possibility of adding an amp, whether it can interface to iPod etc. What others can tell you is, if you add an amp and better speakers, how will the HU sound.

Check out the sound using your own known CDs. Make sure the controls are set to neutral (no boost of any kind) and listen to the sound in the car at a normal volume. Then decide what you don't like about the sound. Most likely better speakers or adding a sub may satisfy your need.

Check the manual for the interfaces: RCA pre-amp out (how many), iPod interface, USB interface etc. and decide whether it has what you want. Only if it doesn't have your absolutely must-haves, think of replacing it.
Old 13th July 2007, 15:15   #3
BHPian

^^Thanks for the tips. I was thinking in similar lines.
I want to get more feedback from verna SX owners too..
Old 5th April 2012, 12:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Verna SX HU

I have really liked the Verna Transform HU, I am not sure if I can get it for my car which is a 2008 model when previous Kenwood HU was sold as part of standard equipment.
Attached Thumbnails
Verna SX HU-verna-hu.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks