Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 01:15   #1

Audi A4 | MMI error whenever I restart the car after long breaks

Hello fellow enthusiasts.
I have a very frustrating problem to share and desperately looking for some solutions as obviously Audi was unable to provide a solution.
As soon as I unlock the car and get in, I am not welcomed by the car! Instead, the MMI boots up and shows an unusable screen "Checking Remote Access Rights". This screen stays for a variable amount of time! On one day can be just 20 seconds, on another... A whole 10 minutes until I reach my destination or even never until I stop and restart the car.
When this screen comes up, I am obviously unable to use any of the MMI functions at all. Be it Bluetooth, Settings, Calls.
This only happens when the car is idle for a long time. A few hours I suppose. Since this is an everyday morning and evening affair. If the car is idle for just an hour or so, I return to the car and it immediately loads the screen "Welcome Xyz" in a split second and bam its ready to go.
I mean, is this even expected from a luxury brand that your infotainment system doesn't load at all? I've tried hard resets and all of that.

In general can any Audi users please help with the expected behavior as soon as vehicle is unlocked and ignition is started? Should it directly show "Welcome Xyz" ALWAYS? Sometimes it just says "Make this Audi your own" and doesn't let me choose the user too.
Please share your experiences and any possible solutions too for this? Attaching as many videos as possible.
Help a fellow enthusiast enjoy his car
PS:I don't have MyAudi connect module installed in the car.

Attached Thumbnails
Audi A4 | MMI error whenever I restart the car after long breaks-b02a7297af5d4214bfcbe1c93d2a4c5f.jpeg  

carbonatorburno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 11:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi A4 | MMI error whenever I restart the car after long breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonatorburno View Post
Help a fellow enthusiast enjoy his car
PS:I don't have MyAudi connect module installed in the car.
See if doing a hard reset for the MMI is of any help. Hold down the volume rocker on the passenger side for 10-15 seconds and you will see the MMI reboot. This will only reboot your MMI and won't change any user settings.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 12:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Hold down the volume rocker on the passenger side for 10-15 seconds and you will see the MMI reboot
I did this. It does help for that particular trip if at all but the issue in itself reoccurs the next time.
In general, should we be getting a Welcome user screen directly?
Old 25th March 2023, 13:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In general, should we be getting a Welcome user screen directly?
I've been seeing the welcome user screen since day 1, followed by the welcome manson screen:
Audi A4 | MMI error whenever I restart the car after long breaks-img_20210918_070418.jpg
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 13:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I've been seeing the welcome user screen since day 1, followed by the welcome manson screen:
Attachment 2432843
That's amazing! That's how it should be then! Awesome!
Do you have the MyAudi Connect dongle installed? As I come to understand checking remote access rights has got to do something with it checking for an internet connection or something of that sort.
Old 25th March 2023, 19:31   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have the MyAudi Connect dongle installed? As I come to understand checking remote access rights has got to do something with it checking for an internet connection or something of that sort.
I've had the Audi dongle connected right since the start. The service however has been on hold by Audi for the past couple of months though.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 15:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Instead, the MMI boots up and shows an unusable screen "Checking Remote Access Rights". This screen stays for a variable amount of time! On one day can be just 20 seconds, on another... A whole 10 minutes until I reach my destination or even never until I stop and restart the car.

In general can any Audi users please help with the expected behavior as soon as vehicle is unlocked and ignition is started? Should it directly show "Welcome Xyz" ALWAYS? Sometimes it just says "Make this Audi your own" and doesn't let me choose the user too.
Please share your experiences and any possible solutions too for this? Attaching as many videos as possible.
I did manage to replicate the error " Check remote access rights."

After using my key for a few days, I used my wife's keys just to open the car remotely. The key was kept away inside the house as I just want the door open to take out some stuff.

When we frequently interchange the key to use the car, the initial screen shows only guest user and it can take 3-5 minutes for the user profile to load.
When we use only one key, then no problem with the MMI.

You could request the service centre to reset the MMI system. (they may need to re-code the keys.)
Just spoke to the service rep in Bangalore. I am considering getting mine reset since Apple CarPlay on my MMI can best be described as moody.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks