Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2023, 19:33   #1

Hyundai Creta: Bose speaker system not so good

We recently bought the top variant of the 2022 Hyundai Creta (SX Optional Dualtone).

Whenever we drive, music is mandatory. The 8 Bose Speakers set up seemed very impressive, and when we had test-driven the car it sounded likewise. After delivery the music was back on, but it didn't sound that impressive.

We gave the speakers time to burn in (a period of breaking in before they can perform optimally), but it didn't seem complete. In fact I believe the 10 year old Fluidic Verna we own with a new JVC infotainment system sounds better than the Creta.

The Creta seems like it isn't rightly tuned, the music seems like it is coming from the front until you move the centre a little behind. It lacks the roominess, and it seems a little muffled. Coming from a family that likes to spend time in picking the right sound system, this is disappointing .

The Bose webpage for the Creta doesn't give too much information. So now, we are here debating if it is time to change the speakers. We cannot change the head unit as we would lose a lot of the features. I've heard Alpine speakers are usually favoured.

What do you guys think?
blacksantro is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: Bose speaker system not so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksantro View Post
We recently bought the top variant of the 2022 Hyundai Creta (SX Optional Dualtone).

Whenever we drive, music is mandatory. The 8 Bose Speakers set up seemed very impressive, and when we had test-driven the car it sounded likewise. After delivery the music was back on, but it didn't sound that impressive.

We gave the speakers time to burn in (a period of breaking in before they can perform optimally), but it didn't seem complete. In fact I believe the 10 year old Fluidic Verna we own with a new JVC infotainment system sounds better than the Creta.

The Creta seems like it isn't rightly tuned, the music seems like it is coming from the front until you move the centre a little behind. It lacks the roominess, and it seems a little muffled. Coming from a family that likes to spend time in picking the right sound system, this is disappointing .

The Bose webpage for the Creta doesn't give too much information. So now, we are here debating if it is time to change the speakers. We cannot change the head unit as we would lose a lot of the features. I've heard Alpine speakers are usually favoured.

What do you guys think?
I had exactly the same issue with my Seltos gtx dct plus (which I bought in Dec 2019). On opening the door pad, I found that the so called bose speakers had a very small magnet and the bose branding was done only with black ink stamping (which indicated that it was made in China). I replaced the front speakers with JBL Stadium GTO 620 and the rear speakers with jbl coaxial speakers. The sound quality now while not being phenomenal, is still a big improvement over the factory speakers.
civic-dk is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 09:55   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Agreed with the comments. I found the Creta & Seltos Bose sound system to be "good", but certainly not "excellent" as the BOSE brand-name would have you believe. The MG Hector's ICE remains my favourite in this segment of cars.

Tips for improving your SQ:

- Try alternating between Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto to see which sounds better. In some cars, very surprisingly, it is the Bluetooth stream which sounds superior.

- If you are streaming from apps like YouTube Music or Spotify, upgrade to premium subscription, then choose "high quality" audio in the settings.
Hyundai Creta: Bose speaker system not so good-screenshot_20230405_095035_youtube-music.jpg

- Play with the equalizer on the head-unit first, then tweak the equalizer on your phone's music player. I did the same to Rocket Player on my Android and it made a world of difference.

- Consider upgrading the speakers, as civic-dk suggested.

- Damping of all doors.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:31   #4
BHPian

Had the same observation in our family Seltos's Bose speakers. Changed the fronts to Audison components and there was a world of difference.
toiingg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:53   #5
BHPian

I was surprised to see the actual "Bose" speakers that are shown around 0:46 into this video

It looks like it's just the cheapest mass manufactured unbranded speakers that could (possibly) have been made in a Bose manufacturing unit. Granted, it still sounds better than many default car speakers but this is almost a scam. I'm expecting to get my Creta in a month. The first possible and only upgrade I'm planning for is the speaker system. Anyone knows what's amplifying all the 8 speakers?
komalthecoolk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 12:46   #6

Good car audio shops in Bombay

We are planning to upgrade our Hyundai Creta's average Bose speakers set up. Turns out it is not an uncommon problem.

See this thread for more information : (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-new-post.html)

I wanted to the know more about the authentic car audio stores with experienced audio tuners (not the ones who just increase the bass) in Bombay. Any speaker set up suggestions are also welcomed (a lot of people are suggestion Audison, but other alternatives can work too).
blacksantro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 17:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed with the comments. I found the Creta & Seltos Bose sound system to be "good", but certainly not "excellent" as the BOSE brand-name would have you believe. The MG Hector's ICE remains my favourite in this segment of cars.

Tips for improving your SQ:

- Try alternating between Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay / Android Auto to see which sounds better. In some cars, very surprisingly, it is the Bluetooth stream which sounds superior.

- If you are streaming from apps like YouTube Music or Spotify, upgrade to premium subscription, then choose "high quality" audio in the settings.
Attachment 2437105

- Play with the equalizer on the head-unit first, then tweak the equalizer on your phone's music player. I did the same to Rocket Player on my Android and it made a world of difference.

- Consider upgrading the speakers, as civic-dk suggested.

- Damping of all doors.
I have used Poweramp media player which has a very configurable equalizer. I've seen good amount of difference with that in both Creta(2017) and Venue(2022).

Great tip on high quality audio setting in YouTube music. Wasn't aware of this.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 11:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksantro View Post

What do you guys think?
1. Door damping is must if you want some sound quality improvement. I got very good result damping 4 doors in my Seltos. Damping improved Mid and Low frequencies a lot.
2. Play through Android Auto/Apple Car Play
3. At least use Youtube premium. Tried Gaana/Amazon music, none were good. Not sure about Spotify though.

Then there is option to upgrade the speakers, amp or DSP etc.

While browsing Seltos Official Review thread today, got this info below. Did not try yet, not sure its there in SX(O) or GTX+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMORE7KRPM View Post
Yeah it was like that for me also, but if you change the settings as below, it will improve.

1. Go to settings
2 Go to advanced
3. Select Lounge instead of Natural
4. Problem solved ��

Now actually you will feel that overall sound in the car has double loudness and bass is much more punchy, even rear speakers feel like real speakers now.

but this works only when you are connected to Android auto audio.

Anyone wondering how Bose front speaker looks here it is
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...524collage.jpg

Last edited by dipdawiz : 7th April 2023 at 12:00.
Old 7th April 2023, 11:52   #9
BHPian

Likewise, the premium 8 speaker Bose sound system on Ioniq 5 is pretty average when it comes to lows. I had to physically check if a subwoofer actually existed!

Do you find your sound system not per expectation for lows, mediums or highs? If you are into bass heavy music, perhaps just changing the subwoofer might do the trick.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 7th April 2023 at 11:56.
Old 7th April 2023, 14:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

On my Creta, I tuned the speaker bias to a few notches rearward and adjusted the bass levels up a notch. Then you get the sense that the subwoofer is getting engaged. For some reason, the Creta's system is highly sensitive towards the type of music you play. For example, 80s -pop music ( MJ) sounds incredible, as does the (often bass heavy) contemporary South Indian film music. But on some other forms it can be a tad underwhelming. As said earlier , streaming audio sounds quite good. Based on my experience, Bose systems are overrated. My Tiago"s Harman has crisper mids and highs.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 7th April 2023 at 14:37.
Old 8th April 2023, 11:57   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
1. Door damping is must if you want some sound quality improvement. I got very good result damping 4 doors in my Seltos. Damping improved Mid and Low frequencies a lot.
2. Play through Android Auto/Apple Car Play
3. At least use Youtube premium. Tried Gaana/Amazon music, none were good. Not sure about Spotify though.
I haven't tried damping, will look at it.

We currently keep on switching between Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Quality doesn't seem to be the problem as we use the lossless feature on Apple Music and the Youtube Music, plus they sound incredible on the JVC system in our 2012 Verna without any speaker changes/modifications.
Old 8th April 2023, 14:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I was surprised to see the actual "Bose" speakers that are shown around 0:46 into this video https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=KCMOV4_CKZY

It looks like it's just the cheapest mass manufactured unbranded speakers that could (possibly) have been made in a Bose manufacturing unit. Granted, it still sounds better than many default car speakers but this is almost a scam. I'm expecting to get my Creta in a month. The first possible and only upgrade I'm planning for is the speaker system. Anyone knows what's amplifying all the 8 speakers?
I'm guessing they paid a licensing fee to Bose to use their software/tuning so they can legally stamp the Bose branding everywhere on mass produced, cheap speakers that a Bose engineer has never touched
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 22:30   #13
BHPian

Set a budget, read more on the forum to get an idea how much you have to blow to get a desired output.

Visit the good old boys of Mumbai who knows their stuff.

See if Ramie2400 or bass&trouble,both seniors on the forum are around to do a good job, don't goto random people who are giving a huge discount on products to push the maal, let the pros do their job.

Happy ICEing.
Old 8th April 2023, 23:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Bose = Buy other sound equipment.

Any Bose branded item is junk.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:29   #15

Hello Everyone,

I am also not happy with the output of Bose in my Creta and planning to upgrade the music setup.

Went to a known car accessories guy here in Bengaluru and he suggested to first replace the front and back door speakers with Focal components. According to hime that itself will make a huge difference.

My concerns / questions however are:
1. Will the stock HU be able to handle the new set of components and it's output?
2. Won't the increased vocals dampen the base?

Looking for some expert advice here. Thanks in advance.

Regards
AA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks