Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 09:31   #1
BHPian

Updating maps on the SD card of my car | Hyundai Tucson

I downloaded and installed the "Navigation Updater" software available online (https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/navigationUpdate), with a view to purchase and update the maps on the SD card of my 2017 Hyundai Tucson. But when I ran that s/w, it seems to support map update only for the 2022 model.

I suspect its something to do with the compatibility with the GPS unit. But nevertheless, support for older models is a MUST.

How do I update the maps on my 2017 model?

Last edited by vharihar : 31st May 2023 at 09:39.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Updating maps on the SD card of my car | Hyundai Tucson

Went a little deep inside the website and found this.

Updating maps on the SD card of my car | Hyundai Tucson-capture.jpg

May be Hyundai is not supporting older versions. The maps on my Hyundai is outdated by many years, I learnt to live with it now.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:56   #3
BHPian

Re: Updating maps on the SD card of my car | Hyundai Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Went a little deep inside the website and found this.

Attachment 2457484

May be Hyundai is not supporting older versions. The maps on my Hyundai is outdated by many years, I learnt to live with it now.
Yes, I too am living with it. But a lot of new expresways have come up within the last 5-6 years in Noida where I am stationed nowadays (Eastern Peripheral Expwy, Western Peripheral Expwy, Delhi-Meerut Expwy, stretches of the Delhi-Mumbai Expwy, etc). In the past few years, I have also been living with it by relying on Google Maps (thru AndroidAuto) for these cases, and have traveled on these expressways using GMaps. But I know I surely missed my car's native GPS.

I feel the usability of the Tucson's native GPS is better than GMaps-thru-AndroidAuto. Besides, more and more expressways have come up in areas that I may drive to in the near future (Mumbai-Nagpur Expwy, Blore-Mysore Expwy, etc), and more are coming up in quick succession (Chennai-Blore Expwy will also come up soon, etc). Hence I feel the need to update the maps of my car's native GPS (as opposed to relying on GMaps all the time).

Last edited by vharihar : 31st May 2023 at 12:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks