Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 12:36   #1
BHPian

Speakers for Accord '07

Hi Everyone

I got my Accord delivered a week back and since then I haven't liked the audio effect very much, which is why I feel I should upgrade the speakers.

Im not looking to spend a lot and I have decided I would only like to change the rear speakers. I don't want to put an amplifier and/or a woofer.

I recently visited a shop and they recommended me to go in for Hertz or Sony speakers. I have no idea about the specifications or pricing. I was looking up Hertz website (HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo) but I have no idea which will be ideal for my car and even if my car's audio system will support them.

Now I leave it up to you guys. Please help me make this decision.

Thanks
Old 24th July 2007, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hertz or Sony speakers??? Both are two ends of the spectrum

What's the budget?

If you are changing only one pair of speakers, I'd suggest you change the front speakers and not the back speakers. And do get component speakers for the front.

Sonys should run to about 3K I guess (not too sure).

Hertz's entry levels (Dieci Series) run to 6K for a paid of 6.5" components (DSK165). DSKs will run off your HU pretty well (without an amp).
Old 24th July 2007, 13:11   #3
BHPian

Hydrashok,
My budget is maximum 8-10k

I wanted to change the rear speakers because the sound is pretty good in the front its only when I sit behind there is no punch in the system.

And in my online research I could find 3 speakers which would fit my car without cutting or changing the tray.

1. Hertz - Hi energy HCX 690
2. Pioneer - TS-6975
3. Hertz - ECX 690

I hope these are the right size to fit the accord without any alterations. Also how much do you think each one of these costs?
Old 24th July 2007, 13:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

@lancer80:You can even try out Blaupunkt they are good VFM and some new-series are also out in a very good price.

Even Infinity Reference sounds very sweet.

Ramie
Old 24th July 2007, 14:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you sit in the back also often enough, then I guess that is fine

So the size is 6"x9" in the back huh? You have a pretty good budget for rear speakers alone there. If you want to blow it all, then you can go for the ECX 690 (Energy series). I think they come to about 6.5 - 7K.

I'm not sure about the HCX690s (Hi-Energys), but they should be about 9K-9.5K. But if you don't plan for an amp, I don't think you should go for the Hi-Energy series now. They will be wasted when they are not amped.

I feel the Energys will be better if you plan to run the speakers off the HU.

You can even consider the DCX690s (about 5.5K). Same size. And they'll be pretty happy with the HU's input.

You also have options from Infinity Reference series Illusion Audio and Alpine Type-S at the budget you've mentioned. It would be a good idea to listen to all the brands you finally shortlist before actually making a purchase.

Better steer clear of Pioneer speakers (my personal opinion, not necessarily based on fact) and SONY speakers.

Last edited by hydrashok : 24th July 2007 at 14:07.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
If you sit in the back also often enough, then I guess that is fine

So the size is 6"x9" in the back huh? You have a pretty good budget for rear speakers alone there. If you want to blow it all, then you can go for the ECX 690 (Energy series). I think they come to about 6.5 - 7K.

I'm not sure about the HCX690s (Hi-Energys), but they should be about 9K-9.5K. But if you don't plan for an amp, I don't think you should go for the Hi-Energy series now. They will be wasted when they are not amped.

I feel the Energys will be better if you plan to run the speakers off the HU.

You can even consider the DCX690s (about 5.5K). Same size. And they'll be pretty happy with the HU's input.

You also have options from Infinity Reference series Illusion Audio and Alpine Type-S at the budget you've mentioned. It would be a good idea to listen to all the brands you finally shortlist before actually making a purchase.

Better steer clear of Pioneer speakers (my personal opinion, not necessarily based on fact) and SONY speakers.
Hydra: ECX690 are for Rs 8300 and HCX690 are for Rs 14600. Remember in HERTZ the 6x9s are priced very close to the 6.5" component.

And I echo Hydra on the fact that if you dont plan to amp them, stick to entry level (DIECI) or one above (ENERGY) speakers.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer80 View Post
Hi Everyone

I got my Accord delivered a week back and since then I haven't liked the audio effect very much, which is why I feel I should upgrade the speakers.

Im not looking to spend a lot and I have decided I would only like to change the rear speakers. I don't want to put an amplifier and/or a woofer.
If you plan to get the 6x9 in the rear then Illusion series Electra costs about 5.2k and they quite a good thump. They give good bass when compared in the category. and in the front you can go for there Electra Component kit. that is for 6.5k range.

If you want a demo contact Bass&Trouble on the forum.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 24th July 2007 at 14:41.
Old 24th July 2007, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Thank you all for your replies guys

I agree that DCX690 seems like the best bet. Now I am more focused on the Hertz because I have seen so many ads in magazines.

I think the best bet would be for me to go in and try out all the speakers mentioned above by all of you. The Hertz DCX690 also seems to be priced reasonably, but I hope they have a good thump.

Does anyone know where I am find a trustworthy shop in mumbai suburbs?

And also, what brand and model speakers come standard on the accord?

Last edited by lancer80 : 24th July 2007 at 22:17.
Old 24th July 2007, 22:30   #9
BANNED

Don't look at those!

Quote:

And also, what brand and model speakers come standard on the accord?
It is better you don't look for it. A very big disappointment they are.
They come with plastic body and very bad and tiny magnets.

Hertz Dieci (Diyechi) series will be fine for you.

Good lucks!
Old 25th July 2007, 10:02   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you all for your replies guys
I agree that DCX690 seems like the best bet.
Why not listen to atleast 2 brands before you buy. Hertz (Energy) is good but so are others (Alpine (Type S), Blaupunkt (THc/Thx), Illusion (Electra/Carbon), JBL (GTO), Infinity (Reference), and even Pioneer). Each caters to a slightly different taste.
Old 25th July 2007, 10:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am more focused on the Hertz because I have seen so many ads in magazines.

but I hope they have a good thump.

Does anyone know where I am find a trustworthy shop in mumbai suburbs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Why not listen to atleast 2 brands before you buy. Hertz (Energy) is good but so are others (Alpine (Type S), Blaupunkt (THc/Thx), Illusion (Electra/Carbon), JBL (GTO), Infinity (Reference), and even Pioneer). Each caters to a slightly different taste.

Like Navin Ji said you must listen to some other brands also before finalizing the speaker Dont finalize it on the number of ads in a magazine...If you are look for a good Thump then I would recommend to listen to the Illusion Audio Electra Series 6x9 they are quite well built to give a nice thumb....But do listen to few brands before fitting.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 25th July 2007 at 10:33.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:04   #12
BHPian

Thanks for your help guys I will surely try a couple of speakers mentioned in this thread before making my decision.

But, Does anyone know where I am find a trustworthy shop in mumbai suburbs?
Old 28th July 2007, 11:21   #13

hi,
i have changed the speakers in the new accord to polk db650 components at the front and db690 at the rear and powered them with alpine 345 amp using the scosche convertor.sounds great.try it out
Old 30th July 2007, 09:30   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But, Does anyone know where I am find a trustworthy shop in mumbai suburbs?
which area? western or eastern?
Old 30th July 2007, 10:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Lancer80 - Congrats for the new car...hope you`ll make a wise decision about the speakers , am not much of an ICE guy so ill just say that go for whatever YOU think is a god product ,you`ll get lots of suggestions and options so dont get confused...do some research on the forum ,you`ll understand what i mean.

Cheers

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 30th July 2007 at 10:08.

Most Viewed