Team-BHP - JBL Products a WIP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   JBL Products a WIP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/26847-jbl-products-wip.html)

Thanks to TBHP and its elite ICE Gurus and their explicit advice my nearly 5 year old Santro is still my daily drive.

On stumbling onto this site (Glad that I did so), Many good things have happened to my Car and me. The major thing being it's getting JBL'fyed (jkdas thanks for that term).

First of, I began by replacing my old Kenwood Coaxials with the JBL GTO937 during this change I also changed my Pioneer tweeters to JBL GTO17T and added a JBL 12" subwoofer in a completely sealed box. To power these a JBL GTO 75.4 Amp was added on and I was in a state of bliss.

To review these products as a layman, which I am, I must say the JBL GTO17T Tweeters were clear and not shrill like my Pioneer tweeters used to be. Earlier all I could hear was the guitars and not the plectrum working it's way on the strings or the deep breath of Kenny Rogers as he crooned about the Gambler on the Train.

The GTO 937's, to be frank I would not be able to comment on for earlier I was running my Kenwoods of the HU and am sure the amplifier would have definitely added to it's versatility.

The GTO 75.4 I must say is almost something else. I find it to be much better than the CS 60.4 and that too only for a few thousands more. It's almost a different creature altogether. I would gladly pursue my friends to go that extra few inches (not miles) and pick up a 75.4 than a 60.4. I have experienced the difference in many installations as I am a regular at my Installers place.

In the past few months after the install I have been always following up the ICE section and have noticed how the Gurus who are Audiophiles by nature and the Audiophile's have always advocated a good front sound stage. have always wanted to do something on those lines and the only thing that was stopping me was my car and the non-availability of Damping facility at my Installer.

All Santro owners, who love their ICE would vouch for the fact that we are slightly perturbed about the build quality of Santro's doors and the minimal space that it had to offer to fit in speakers out there.

One of those days, when you know, you decide that enough is enough of thinking, I just drove to my installer and told him to cut the the door and the pads and fix me those (not some martini) JBL GTO607c components on the front doors. I knew that after all I could give the components to my Bro who could fit them in his car if it doesn't work out in my mine and all i'd have to do is a buy a new set of door pads to cover up what was done. The components on the door work perfectly and there are no irritating vibrations of the door. I must add that the only damping that was done was the addition of a layer of thermorex on the backside of the door pads :p (hyderabadi damping for you all). The GTO17t was removed during this.

The components were fit in and powered alongwith the subwoofer and the rear coaxials by the 75.4. I Know am going to be flamed for this by our gurus, but I have to say it's been a week since this has been done and I have never had a clipping or any other problems with my amp. This is what I call blissssss.

I had this done, and have added WIP on the title, for, the next thing to go in would be GTO 301.1 for my Sub and then the components and the coaxials would run of the 75.4.

To sum up this long post (which stemmed out of my excitement) I must say JBL rules and yes I forgot to add I do have the original cable kit powering my system.

Guru's: Is this all too much for a Santro, as in the Monoblock would it be overkill (basically due the lack of damping)? Would I have to also change my 3 month old regular Amaron battery to take this load can you help me out on this please?

This message especially out to Sam

This is one question I have been dreading to ask. Could you help me by identifying the model no. of my Woofer as is in the Pic below. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is original. have checked your website and others and have found that the CS1204B do not look like this at all. They look slightly smaller and the JBL logo is printed in it whereas in this woofer it is moulded on the cone in rubber and is raised.

Hi, firstly, congrats on your setup!

The woofer seems to be original, but its the older CS driver which came on the older bass tubes

This is your driver: JBL Car & Marine Audio

This is the new GT4 driver: JBL Car & Marine Audio

Sam will be the right judge.

Cheers!

Shrivz: Mine is a completely sealed box and it is definitely not an assembled box or made outside. The current CS series sealed boxes available in India is as below:

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 513803)
This message especially out to Sam

This is one question I have been dreading to ask. Could you help me by identifying the model no. of my Woofer as is in the Pic below. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is original. have checked your website and others and have found that the CS1204B do not look like this at all. They look slightly smaller and the JBL logo is printed in it whereas in this woofer it is moulded on the cone in rubber and is raised.

The CS1204B as you mentioned, looks different from this. It comes with a JBL sealed enclosure.

I think is GT312 or the CS12 in a custom enclosure, is it Sam? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 513848)
Shrivz: Mine is a completely sealed box and it is definitely not an assembled box or made outside. The current CS series sealed boxes available in India is as below:

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Agreed! but your driver is different.. It is the CS series driver..

The current "CS Series" in India (as you have posted). Has the GT4 driver.

Now the million dollar question is that whether JBL came out with a Sealed box with the CS driver, or the dealer has cheated you and sold you a CS driver in a sealed box which the new GT4 comes with...

EDIT: I'm no expert at this, so i guess it would be better if Sam could clarify yours and now my doubts!

Saammm!!!!!

@Suren181,

Congrats on your install, I am sure you're enjoying the audio in your car! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 513781)
I had this done, and have added WIP on the title, for, the next thing to go in would be GTO 301.1 for my Sub and then the components and the coaxials would run of the 75.4.

Good luck with that! Please do post the pictures after that is done! Cheers!

@ Sam,

A little OT: Sam, since someone has already started a thread about JBL products, I'd like to ask you about why there is a huge difference in prices?

In another thread I saw someone getting GTO937's at 3,500/- and GTO607's at 5,000/-. I have paid 1,500/- more on both these products.
When asked about the genuieness of the product, you mentioned that you know 'supercarz' (I guess) on SP road, Bangalore and confirmed that his products were genuine. Are they grey market products? I PM'ed you about this, but in vain! please:

Sham is a bit "indisposed" at present. Last I heard he was "in the land of butter chicken" or thereabouts. Please be patitent; Slam will be back soon.

Here I am!! :)

OK firstly congratulations on a serious car audio system. Have lots of fun with it.
Quote:

I do have the original cable kit powering my system.
If it's original, congratulations, excellent cable.

I am sorry to announce to all of you that JBL is no longer making or marketing car audio cables. Sorry.

Quote:

An excellent move.

Quote:

This is one question I have been dreading to ask. Could you help me by identifying the model no. of my Woofer as is in the Pic below.
Quote:

Now the million dollar question is that whether JBL came out with a Sealed box with the CS driver, or the dealer has cheated you and sold you a CS driver in a sealed box which the new GT4 comes with...
As discussed on this thread, the new CS enclosed subs (CS1204Box and CS1204Tube) come with the GT-4 subwoofer. The GT4-12 woofer driver itself has been rechristened to the CS1204 SubWoofer.

From your picture, it looks to me like you have got yourself a CS1200B, from the CS 2005 range. It’s original alright, but was discontinued 2 years ago. I hope that it’s brand new and that you got a slamming deal on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 513907)
Sham is a bit "indisposed" at present. Last I heard he was "in the land of butter chicken" or thereabouts. Please be patitent; Slam will be back soon.

Beep!! Beep!! Wicked old man alert!!!

Thanks a ton Sam for the input. I have to say that I mighty pleased with this model, maybe the newer version is better (not a case of sour grapes) but the output is what matters to me. Yes it was brand new when I bought it.

Regarding the slamming deal, I would say, no, I did not get one. All i got was 7.5% on the current models price, but have to add that the installation charges in spite of all this work have never been charged for installation which by itself makes me happy. Am a businessman too and don't believe in bargaining where I anticipate to return for service. The promptness of service and attitude is what I look for.

Regarding the cables I had extensively gone through your thread on the duplicate cables, and yes, the one's I purchased came in a sleeve jacket packing and yes on close inspection they are/were original.

All said and done is there any way I could get a discount on the GTO301.1? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockster
In another thread I saw someone getting GTO937's at 3,500/- and GTO607's at 5,000/-. I have paid 1,500/- more on both these products.

Those are grey-market prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 513907)
"in the land of butter chicken"

Land of Butter Chicken. Now how can one go there without sitting in my car back seat.:Shockked:

And Sam conviniently ignored by PM and post :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 513983)
...Now how can one go there without sitting in my car back seat.:Shockked:

Now why would anyone in his right mind sit in THAT rear seat. Sam is eccentric not mad.

[quote=rocksterraghu;513869
In another thread I saw someone getting GTO937's at 3,500/- and GTO607's at 5,000/-. I have paid 1,500/- more on both these products. [/QUOTE]

with Bill & Warranty? Manufacturer's Warranty?